Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
honestinvestor

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:52:52 PM

I believe that corruption was, is and will be. There's no hiding from her. It's all about our behavior.
But, bitcoin, will be able to reduce it and only at the initial stage Embarrassed
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:14:16 PM

I think corruption will lessen if our government's system is based on blockchain technology. Immutable and decentralized. If all the taxes that the government will collect from its citizens will be based on smart contract and all of the transactions are recorded in blockchain, then they won't be able to hide anything. Even to steal money from the people. Bitcoin is not the answer. Actually Bitcoin can be stored of value without revealing your identity. So I think maybe corrupt individuals are now buying Bitcoin to keep the money for themselves.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
DenProkop

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:27:36 PM

I think that bitcoin can't beat corruption totally, but of course can reduce it
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:29:34 PM

I think that this is the only way to reduce or even kill corruption. But the world need to refuse the fiat money and accept Cryptocurrency as only currency.
Pipin Mali

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:00:31 PM

I think that this is the only way to reduce or even kill corruption. But the world need to refuse the fiat money and accept Cryptocurrency as only currency.

Exactly my opinion. It's much more difficult for corruption to live on blockchain.
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:28:45 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
this can be happen if they've just used blockchain for all of the transactions in the government because it is so transparent meaning to say the people of the country will see what will they taxes went right. also the properties of government.
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:53:36 PM

Reduce or foster corruption? For bribery people can use third parties even if transactions are transparent. And as far as personalities are anonimus in a block-chain, it will be difficult to track where exactly the money goes. That's why drug-deales use it
Bitbitmaker

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:16:58 PM

Bitcoin can not just reduce but in fact eliminate corruption. It shared ledger which is shared either publicly or privately between multiple entities.
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
Government wants money from the people through tax. Government officials are like whales, always wanted something to put in their pockets. Many are corrupt officials in the government who are controlling the economy and banks. The existence of Bitcoin is a good thing because it is decentralized, you can also make huge profit without deducting anything from it. However, this makes the government officials mad and threathen and now, they are doing everything to ban bitcoin.

Banning the regularity of bitcoint will never happen.bitcoint is the now emerging cypto currency witch globally gaining in market and people look up to it as opportunity for investment..

Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:56:52 PM

Government wants money from the people through tax. Government officials are like whales, always wanted something to put in their pockets. Many are corrupt officials in the government who are controlling the economy and banks. The existence of Bitcoin is a good thing because it is decentralized, you can also make huge profit without deducting anything from it. However, this makes the government officials mad and threathen and now, they are doing everything to ban bitcoin.

Banning the regularity of bitcoint will never happen.bitcoint is the now emerging cypto currency witch globally gaining in market and people look up to it as opportunity for investment..

I don't think so,even if without bitcoin corruption is always there. Because of the people manage our government. Corruption is not gone because of the greedy people sit on their position. They sit on that position because of thier hiden agenda not because they want to serve people in this country.
bunnylegacy

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:08:56 PM

I think bitcoin can solve the problem in terms of governance. because with government support in a country, it might help the bitcoin progress and bitcoin  also can helps the government in community employment.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 30% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:20:42 PM

I corruption in government? i think cryptocurrency can do anything in that matter. actually i don't get the point of the OP, government can easily taxed the profits of people earn through cryptocurrency and put it to their pocket themselves if they wanted to, corruption can't be easily remove because of the fact that human have a selfish and greedy nature.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:22:11 PM

Corruption is everywhere with or without  bitcoin.  Corruption is one of the main issues in the world. I guess bitcoin will help them to facilitate more because  thru bitcoin they can easily transfer their funds and even invest with it.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
longhair0418

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:31:16 AM

I believe not. The main reason is that people do not actually use bitcoin to make trades, they still use real money. Therefore, it would not effect the corruption.
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:32:41 AM

I do not think that he will cope with this task, there is no difference what kind of money will be used by our society anyway, corruption will be present, because this is a choice of people and not currency
elvirecam430

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:20:29 PM

You guessed it right: they'd just ban it whenever they feel that the competition is getting tighter and stricter. I for one believe that bitcoin isn't going to alleviate any of the world's existing monetary/economic problems related to governments and bank, but at least it will help the financially oppressed to have something for their own without being spied or milked by the banks/government. The more the government sees that there would be a decent change on the already laid system, the more they will try to prevent that change from coming and changing the lives of the people they control. Bitcoin will still remain though, knowing that there are no central sources in which they can just kill the switch and tada! Everything is gone. It will still exist in underground economies, black market etc. even if they banned it in their own countries. Bitcoin is here to stay, albeit a rough and not-so-pleasant stay at all times.

Great point! To add a few point, I honestly think it's all about whether the government officials and the "elite" that they cooperate with are able to benefit from the crypto world or not. The Chinese government wanted to ban the transaction of cryptocurrencies cause they have no control over it thus no way to pose the tax on it. Thus, they started to run on prototype for their own cryptocurrency which they of course have the power to control.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:30:45 PM

Corruption doesn't depend from the currency you use! Actually, bitcoin, with its pseudoanonymity, it's just a most efficient tool to send money without to be caught. I suspect that politicians - even if they say that don't know anything about the subject - were the first users of cryptocurrencies.

Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:07:01 AM

I believe not. The main reason is that people do not actually use bitcoin to make trades, they still use real money. Therefore, it would not effect the corruption.

In this world, there is angel and evil. The angel is the people don’t use their power or their position to earn money, and the evil people is the using their power and their status on the corrupting. Corrupt happen anyplace anytime. Bitcoin is a decentralized style it uncontrolled, and that can stop corruption, but the main difficulty is that whenever they notice about the bitcoin they prohibition it. Bitcoin is not the solution to lessen the crime. In depending on the leader of the country. No matter if bitcoin is present or not, fraud will be always there.
Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:21:45 AM

Human's need are constantly unquenchable which is the reason a few people dependably let that ravenous motivation overpower them to the condition of being degenerate. This can't be changed by bitcoin since it isn't a type of safety effort or something that would keep somebody from being degenerate. The individuals who are degenerate have dependably been discovering approaches to do their filthy arrangements and they will dependably do. Bitcoin will have no impact on that.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:43:17 AM

I think the opposite is true bitcoin is the safest place to store money so when people have the intention to hide money then he does not need to go abroad, he just transfer to exchanges then buy bitcoin then all their money is safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: