Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
JackdunR

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:52:52 AM

Even though they are greedy, they are a coin that makes criminals easy for each other. Bitcoins have two sides of them, but if advanced technology will help make revenue more transparent. Their activities will be clearer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:30:57 AM

The decentralized feature of bitcoin is very effective in these kinds of situation. But as we can see, a lot of third-world countries are banning the use of cryptocurrencies particularly bitcoin itself. So I think that it wouldn't pose huge effects on the percentage of corruption in these countries. But if there would be an international law that prohibits bitcoin illegalization then I think it would greatly reduce corruption

gadjene143

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:39:35 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
No, unless those corupt government official will stop their greediness and taking our money
I think it depends the people who corrupt but , what f we invite those people corruption to invest bitcoin so that they fucos their time to invest crytocurrencies in order to minimize corruption in our country it's bossible they realized that bitcoin is the one who change their behavior in the future is the way to success unless corruption , bitcoin challenge and help to us .
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

A currency is not what can reduce corruption, there will always be corrupt people no matter what we do or what is created and that is because human greed exists and people will always act true to their natures.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:49:59 PM

Honestly, given the possibility of making large payments in a completely anonymous way, it seems more likely that bitcoin favors corruption, not that it fights it. It is true that the blockchain tracks payments, but it is very easy to confuse one's own tracks.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

I don't think Bitcoin can reduce corruption even it can do increase corruption because characteristic of bitcoin is anonymous, you can't know who is receiving and sending money? But Blockchain technology which is behind bitcoin, will help reduce corruption because it will do goverment is simpler, social funds from the government will more transparent than.
serverus

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:07:55 AM

For me no, i cant see factor that relates how bitcoin canreduce corruption. Unless our official are into bitcoin.
Government has no control in bitcoin.
But bitcoin is always open for everyone. Maybe we can consider that if our official participate in bitcoin and they enjoy its benefits, they will earn more and might cause to avoid corruption.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:37:23 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

There is no direct way that Bitcoin can reduce corruption. Government officials and politicians still go on their way because they cannot control bitcoin. They cannot even get tax from it so why would they pay attention to it.

almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:11:20 AM

it might sound bizarre at the moment but, yes, effectively implementing this technology can end corruption to an extent. For example, developing a blockchain-based voting system. This system will solve the problem of vote alterations and other issues. Since everything gets stored in the ledger which is immutable and transparent, voting can become more transparent and authentic
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:28:07 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will do it, because people choose corruption, and not money I think the withdrawal of such people will contribute more to the reduction of corruption
Docafid888

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:48:46 AM

Its not helping that kind of crime in my opinion, whether it could be another way of them laundrying money by doing such a sin like corruption. But bitcoin for sure being another option for citizen to get out of bank slavery nowadays. So less cut for corruptor that stole from the tax  or another conventional transaction.
Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:56:34 AM

Yes your right! Some government are afraid of the cryptocurrency. It is some way of reducing corruption. Blockchain and cryptocurrencies similar to Bitcoin could transform the way we make payments and do business. They also hold great promise as a method of fighting corruption.The adoption of cryptocurrency—a digital currency that employs cryptography to ensure that transactions are secure—as a mode of payment for a project allows the identification of each user of the money, unlike with traditional modes of payment like notes and coins. Though most popular cryptocurrencies, like bitcoin, are anonymous and only use a key to identify a user, it is possible to include personal information, like the ID number, and make the cryptocurrency non-anonymous. The use of cryptocurrency also allows for instantaneous transactions and borderless transfer-of-ownership (“money with wings”), which reduces transaction time and cost, since financial intermediaries are not needed.

A government or development institution could use an existing non-anonymous cryptocurrency or develop its own and give it a name, such as “cleancoin” for example. The value of the cryptocurrency can be determined by the market or preferably be pegged to a physical currency to reduce volatility (bitcoin for instance has shown very high volatility since its inception).
Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:12:07 PM

Definitely both! Some government will recognize cryptocurrency. The government that knows the advantages and regulations  of cryptocurrency will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent.  But some country, there governments trying to ban everything in cryptocurrency. They are afraid that it will be used in illegal activities since all transactions are anonymous.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:06:41 PM

bitcoin safe in the transaction but if safe from corruption I think not necessarily. Thus it can be difficult to track if the bitcoin used for corruption. Perhaps some people assume are safe but it's about how Government policy only because corruption itself can through just about anything.
That is why we have the blockchain that we can use to track down the bitcoin address that has been use by the government officials and that will become the way for us to be sure that the corruption will be reduced because with the use of bitcoin technology then there will be more transparency and there is no chance for the officials to corrupt since anyone can look up to their address.
If the government really want corruption, example you are the government, do you want to accept use blockchain for the country's system? Grin Why the government usually evade any feature of blockchain technology? Because they know use it will make them lose profit from corruption.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:00:21 PM

I am not sure it's possible. The main places that corrpted nowadays are government and police and they will never start using crypto because they can have a lot of fait withotut hardwork.

celcoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:17:38 AM

I figure it won't make any unique in relation to what it is previously. Defilement will dependably be there at the legislature. In any case in the event that they are the most legitimate individual on the planet, the general population around him will dependably be degenerate. Cash is base of every insidious, lawmaker are the best case of that statement. Regardless of whether they win enough cash on bitcoin, they will in any case observe different approaches to be degenerate. I was told cash can be addictive particularly on the off chance that you were winning colossal sums due to debasement.
Jahson420

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

I dont think so. Corruption in government is very hard to reduce. I guess once they know about the price of bitcoin politicians are more eggier to curropt the money.
genocide

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:40:24 PM

I think it can reduce corruption in dealing with Bitcoin transactions only because there is no third party involve and the transactions is directly to buyer and seller only. But corruption in general, I don't think it can help to reduce corruption because corruption is one of the biggest problems in a country involving so many undocumented transactions.
Shavedcoconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:47:45 PM

Hmmm...i ask myself this all the time. I LIKE to believe its completely out of their control and that a new alternative system will be built around it running against this old one we live in(not under in or inside it)and decentralised completely instead. As long as crypto can trigger some form of positive change within what we know that would mean its already doing a lot of good, but a radical change is needed, not just light touches here and there if you ask me.

“I may not change the world, but I will spark the mind that will”
-Tupac Shakur

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:37:21 PM

I think it cannot, if it can it will only have a small effect because the transparency of transactions only make the investigation easier, doesn’t mean it can make the corruptors run out of idea, they’re smart people who outsmart the government system. The only way is to tighten the surveillance and punishment of corruptors and their friends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: