Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:13:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indonesia bans Bitcoin  (Read 1305 times)
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:17:13 PM

http://www.bi.go.id/id/ruang-media/siaran-pers/Pages/sp_200418.aspx     Cheesy

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=id&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bi.go.id%2Fid%2Fruang-media%2Fsiaran-pers%2FPages%2Fsp_200418.aspx&edit-text=
max125

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:44:05 PM

I think indonesia does not banned bitcoin, it's just prohibiting transactions using bitcoin and not forbid to own or collect bitcoin..
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:53:12 PM

Sooner or later, they will rethink their attitude towards bitcoin. Together with the adoption of the cryptocurrency by other states, everything will change exactly and they will have no choice.

sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:04:17 PM

I don't think this move will last. They can not totally ban bitcoin in Indonesia. the much that will happen is that the will clamp down on physical bitcoin offices. They cannot totally and successfully stop bitcoin use in Indonesia.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:11:05 PM

I think indonesia does not banned bitcoin, it's just prohibiting transactions using bitcoin and not forbid to own or collect bitcoin..

how can you collect if you cannot buy? Smiley
simalima

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:16:39 PM

it's the bad news for all of bitcoin community but I think it will agair open for all Indonesian. In near future bitcoin will go to the moon.
CerealKing

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:18:28 PM

Sooner or later, they will rethink their attitude towards bitcoin. Together with the adoption of the cryptocurrency by other states, everything will change exactly and they will have no choice.

Governments control you, you do not control governments. They do not have a choice? they do have a choice. South Korean will be next probably, eventually other countries will come along and ban bitcoin. It's really not that important, bitcoin kinda sucks to be honest guys. Wake up.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:19:16 PM

It is a pity to hear about this news. Its neighborhood countries such as Singapore, Hongkong and Malaysia are accepting Bitcoin well. Perhaps if Indonesian really want to buy Bitcoin to hold, they have to buy using cash at this moment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

derago21

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:22:05 PM

It is a pity to hear about this news. Its neighborhood countries such as Singapore, Hongkong and Malaysia are accepting Bitcoin well. Perhaps if Indonesian really want to buy Bitcoin to hold, they have to buy using cash at this moment.

I had the same thoughts, I think the ban should get cleared shortly in the upcoming days.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:38:38 PM

yes, Indonesia forbids bitcoin, but more specifically prohibits bitcoin used as a transaction tool.
the Indonesian government has no regulation and rules about bitcoin. there are only a few statements from BI that bitcoin can not be used as a transaction tool. so it still opens opportunities for mining.

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:41:54 PM

Great! Does that mean that all the Indonesian spammers that are flooding Bitcointalk will disappear? I hope they make it illegal to own Bitcoin in Indonesia because we'll lose half of the illiterate google translators. This is going to be the day!
I think poor countries like Indonesia are afraid that their economical situation will worsen when people stop using fiat money. They don't understand that Bitcoin can coexist with fiat.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:43:44 PM

What I know until now there is no ban on bitcoins but can not be used transactions, but there is no prohibition to have bitcoin, hopefully there is no limit until later so we can still work and earn money with bitcoin.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Das09

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:45:29 PM

anyone know why they did this move? what do they achieve from this?
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:47:31 PM

What I know until now there is no ban on bitcoins but can not be used transactions, but there is no prohibition to have bitcoin, hopefully there is no limit until later so we can still work and earn money with bitcoin.
Can't be used in transactions? This means that you can't sell it to your friend in private because you'd be breaking the law. They can see you guys playing with your mobile wallets in a public place and handcuff you, take your phones and put you in a cell. How nice of them. Two people trading electronic tokens can be put in jail with all the murderers and rapists. This country deserves to stay in financial shithole that it is.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:52:27 PM

Yes i agree they are Prohibiting transactions. Government knows what behind bitcoin and they know that blockchain is very powerful and it can be use by any central banks, assets in the world. Will just keep you updated about their government. thanks for sharing anyway
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:00:32 PM

Thank you, if you wouldn't posted this i was never going to know that! Thank you so much! You are my hero!!11

Came on, another three people answered exactly the same and you are just repeating it in simple one-line post? I have already reported your post, the amount of crap in this board is INSANE.

Anyway, maybe there should be some kind of regulation in Indonesia, that is the country that most bitcoin is trading at the moment, and maybe because of this forum.. and you know what i mean..
Lovykitty

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:10:56 PM

in my opinion it will not happen, because it is difficult to control bitcoin.indonesia open blocking bitcoin but only prohibit bitcoin as a legitimate transaction
tententen

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:11:52 PM

These countries are showing their true colors; the ones that hate freedom will ban bitcoin and the ones that are less afraid will wait and see.
karamoris

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:39 PM

It just a bad news for all of bitcoin community and user but I think it will again open for Indonesian people .
gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

I as an Indonesian citizen is very disappointed with the government
why they forbid us to trade and even trade crypto currency
But Menkoinfo has not issued an official decision, it is just a claim from the Indonesian bank only
I hope bitcoin remains in acceptance in Indonesia otherwise, many will lose their livelihood,

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: