Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6902 times)
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:54:04 AM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

This come to my mind lately. Because I've read an article about stealing of identity. Wherein people will stole your identity so that it will be use by other people for their terrorism or any other illegal activities. So as a bounty hunter, I am cautious on this kind of bounty campaign that requires KYC unless you are confident that their company is legit.

There's more to it than that though.  It could be that these people asking for KYC info are completely well meaning and legit, but can you trust them to protect your data?  Look at what happened to Equifax just a short while ago.  Personal info is vital to a credit reporting agency just to function, but they got hacked, leading to millions of people's identities being stolen and being sold on darknet markets.  Granted, their security seems to have been a bit shoddy, but even the most secure systems still potentially have exploits which just haven't been found yet.  Major companies understand this, which is why they pay large sums of money to bug hunters.

I find it rather alarming that some people are willing to send potentially-life-ruining-information to unknown strangers when it isn't absolutely necessary, and for nothing more than a tiny amount of money.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

this does not seem too good because their bounty seekers only get very small pay but have to spend a lot of money to take care of the passport, unless KYC only uses a driving card or just a telegram account and that email just seems enough.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:19:15 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I am not aware of any project that is asking for a KYC for bounty. At the end of the day, a bounty hunter is not buying any service, simply getting a tip for supporting a project.

It may be related to avoiding duplicate accounts or users which is a rule in many campaigns.

Which projects are requiring them??
INS is getting bounty participant to submit kyc, which I think is totally not necessary. It is understandable to get ICO participants to submit kyc but bounty participants only get so little tokens

Angelia46

Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:24:12 PM

I don't want to give my KYC to anyone. In many telegram groups, I can see a lot of people selling KYC materials. Maybe these KYC materials are the ones you submitted to the ICO team.
This sounds terrible, so I won't take any ICO project that requires KYC data.

nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:19:49 PM

I think it's a good idea. After all, many people create dozens of accounts and dishonestly earn coins. Such people need to lose rewards and verification will help.
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:49:13 AM

for me in most cases it is a helping matter on those that make use of multiple account in one particular bounty program, because when it got to the time when they will receive their payment, they will be ask to provide this KYC verification which will now tire them down, they will only have the chance to verify one of their account.
xiaoxz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:06:55 AM

I think there may be more and more projects to do this.
However, I find it somewhat unacceptable.
If I would like to take part to a signature compaign and just want to earn extra money, it may not be a lot of money, but it requires my personal information, I think I will choose not to participate.
And I think this is not a decentralized coin/token.
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:38:57 AM

I am not aware of any project that is asking for a KYC for bounty. At the end of the day, a bounty hunter is not buying any service, simply getting a tip for supporting a project.

It may be related to avoiding duplicate accounts or users which is a rule in many campaigns.

Which projects are requiring them??
INS is getting bounty participant to submit kyc, which I think is totally not necessary. It is understandable to get ICO participants to submit kyc but bounty participants only get so little tokens
Our KYC information is given only for a small amount of token.
I think this is unnecessary. If KYC information is really needed, then I think I will give up the reward. Angry

turneps

Activity: 225

umachit.fund

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:01:18 PM

In terms of preventing multiple accounts, it's obviously good. However, bounty hunters will be reluctant to join bounty for KYC. Growth of bounty programs would come to a halt and the programs would eventually die out.
As for me, I don't care whether or not to pass KYC. Yes, it complicates life. But because of this, the competition is getting smaller. Plus, the introduction of a new system of ranks with merit will make competition even less. I think if you look at it from the other side, it has advantages

cherryscarlett

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:05:45 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

This come to my mind lately. Because I've read an article about stealing of identity. Wherein people will stole your identity so that it will be use by other people for their terrorism or any other illegal activities. So as a bounty hunter, I am cautious on this kind of bounty campaign that requires KYC unless you are confident that their company is legit.

There's more to it than that though.  It could be that these people asking for KYC info are completely well meaning and legit, but can you trust them to protect your data?  Look at what happened to Equifax just a short while ago.  Personal info is vital to a credit reporting agency just to function, but they got hacked, leading to millions of people's identities being stolen and being sold on darknet markets.  Granted, their security seems to have been a bit shoddy, but even the most secure systems still potentially have exploits which just haven't been found yet.  Major companies understand this, which is why they pay large sums of money to bug hunters.

I find it rather alarming that some people are willing to send potentially-life-ruining-information to unknown strangers when it isn't absolutely necessary, and for nothing more than a tiny amount of money.
Give your KYC information for only a small amount of money.
You don't know what kind of validation they will use for your KYC data, so in the future, you may have criminal trouble because them use your kyc for illegal activities.

Valer4ik

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:11:29 PM

In terms of preventing multiple accounts, it's obviously good. However, bounty hunters will be reluctant to join bounty for KYC. Growth of bounty programs would come to a halt and the programs would eventually die out.
As for me, I don't care whether or not to pass KYC. Yes, it complicates life. But because of this, the competition is getting smaller. Plus, the introduction of a new system of ranks with merit will make competition even less. I think if you look at it from the other side, it has advantages
the benefits of an excellent reward with bounty programs do not cover the risks that your documents will fall into the nerve of scammers or state structures
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:12:32 PM

Most of bounties do not need KYC for bounty hunters. For now there is not much need KYC for bounty hunters.
Also people can buy coins and token from exchanges without KYC

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Valer4ik

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:14:49 PM

Most of bounties do not need KYC for bounty hunters. For now there is not much need KYC for bounty hunters.
Also people can buy coins and token from exchanges without KYC
it's just a matter of time, in the future more and more ISO and bounty programs will require KYC already their quantity has grown significantly
Zarbout

Activity: 168

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:18:54 PM

I don't like it and i think it's dangerous to send your ID and personal information. But i think it's linked to regulations in countries where ICOs are opening.

favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

Its a nice idea to prevent multiple accounts. I support KYC for bounty hunters. Also Merit system is a good improvement too.
But need some control on merit too. But KYC will solve all problems.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
kemet jr

Activity: 154

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:24:56 PM

I am not quite sold out to this one. It's too risky for you to divulge personal information that can be taken advantage of for an endeavor that doesn't guarantee returns to be asking for KYC. Not all bounties are great though its way better than airdrops. KYC for me is too much to ask just to market some projects.

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:38:08 PM

I think it's a good idea. After all, many people create dozens of accounts and dishonestly earn coins. Such people need to lose rewards and verification will help.
Also think. Now forum's bounty system not get more results as founders want. Because too many multi accounts live. And it's all one man but in bounty I see till 20 avatars of this one man. I think KYC can to solve such problem more smarter than merit.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:54:15 PM

The development will definitely reduce multiple accounts on bounty campaigns and bounty hunters will be left with the option of verifying their identity before joining a particular bounty campaign.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
carrie_white

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

I think this is good for preventing the occurrence of bounty cheats such as multi accounts, and also KYC is very helpful to collect valid participant data, and make bounty participants not only silent waiting when it has completed its task, but is required to continue to monitor the progress of the project

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:45:41 PM

I've never bothered with airdrops despite some friends telling me they are basically free coins. With developments like this, then I'd rather not. YOUR data is worth much more than any amount of alt coin (especially these are basically unknown coins) anyone can give you. I'd only KYC if it's absolutely necessary, like in the local exchange where I cash out my bitcoin to my bank account.

And I really don't see any reason why it should be required of people. Sure they are giving you coins but most likely they'll ask you do little tasks to promote them. It's not always "free" and if they are also asking for your IDs, then you are getting the short end of the stick.

The purpose of KYC is to verify that the person is not involved in terroristic or other illicit activity.  Once the recipient of the airdrop has been awarded the coins/tokens, he or she can use them freely.  So it doesn't really matter whether the person paid for the coins or received them for free.

Well that is your opinion. If you like sharing your data, that's your choice. I wouldn't. I don't think it's worth the coins I'll receive in return. It's hard enough to maintain privacy these days. My data will stay with them long after I have dumped their alts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: