Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6902 times)
Bloodseekers

Activity: 771
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:54:12 PM

I think this is good for preventing the occurrence of bounty cheats such as multi accounts, and also KYC is very helpful to collect valid participant data, and make bounty participants not only silent waiting when it has completed its task, but is required to continue to monitor the progress of the project
Ya, maybe you right, but we have bounty manager, he will check everything who people cheating the champaign

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
I dont know why this needed for bounty participant?? The required is our national id, photo and etc, I think this risked because we dont know what they want to do with our data?? Maybe for investors this needed for refunds, solve problem, prevent fraud and etc but for bounty participant. I dontt think it's necessary

Give your KYC information for only a small amount of money.
You don't know what kind of validation they will use for your KYC data, so in the future, you may have criminal trouble because them use your kyc for illegal activities.
I don't like it and i think it's dangerous to send your ID and personal information. But i think it's linked to regulations in countries where ICOs are opening.

Kamelia

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

Indeed,KYC is very unfriendly, and no one knows what kind of validation the KYC data will be used for, which will not guarantee the security of our data.
If a bounty thread requires KCY validation, then I may reject the bounty thread and choose not to participate.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:40:21 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

Actually I'm not fully agree with using KYC for bounty hunter, but if the price's suits me or the manager is a renowned one it's fine so far.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:48:58 PM

I think it is okay to go through this usual procedure. It can detect some multi accounts the use of which is not fair to other participants of the Bounty campaign.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:50:57 PM

I used to think KYC only for investors who participate in an ICO But I as a bounty hunter experienced it so the distribution of tokens can run smoothly.
I think it's complicated if it has to do that
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:13:12 PM

I think it is okay to go through this usual procedure. It can detect some multi accounts the use of which is not fair to other participants of the Bounty campaign.

So you're easy going with situation when people are so lazy to filter through their bounty hunters and just want your passport copies to throw them on dark web?

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:31:23 PM

Currently it seems like we start to have a KYC abuse, we see this term everywhere and for nothing.

It seems fair to follow a KYC process when you need to invest, so it's justified as they receive money from others parties, but for bounties or airdrops, it's just a steal of personal information. Be careful because some projects could be just a scam to steal personal informations, and if someone use your identity, sometimes, it can take years to recover from it, if the thief use it to make credits....

Just imagine if someone offers you a sampling of your favorite soda brand and request a copy of your ID card, your name, adress, phone number, will you accept ?  Roll Eyes

We shouldn't care if someone make multi accounts for bounties, because if he wants to be rewarded twice, he will have to work twice more, so well, being paid twice isn't a crime.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:23:12 PM

On the one hand, it will help get rid of multi accounting and honest participants will get more reward. But I don't want to give my personal information to people who can sell it or somehow unfairly use it.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:27:24 AM

This KYC thing is just a way for them to not paying the right amount for their bounty participants. They should post it early before they start the campaign. They are afraid to post it early because they know there will be no participants that will join them, that is why they require it at the end of the campaign. This kind of ICO must not be trusted at all because the data or information that they collect could sell in the darkweb and may compromise your privacy and even your security details.

99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:28:47 AM

I have not yet had to deal with this, but I agree that we should not comply and give in. The more that comply, the more it will become the norm for bounty campaigns.
Marioboro

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:36:55 AM

I agree to most that i have read here. we all know that the charm of crypto is we can transact fast and anonymously. this means that we are being efficient in what we needed to do and at the same time we have that notion that we are safe from others. KYC is breaking that anonymity that we are enjoying. why do they need to know who owns what account or what not. what is important is that account complies with what is needed to be done.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:38:56 AM

I am absolutely against having bounty hunters undergoing the KYC procedure. It's simple, the KYC procedure was invented only in order to avoid money laundering. That is, it was created for investors. But not for hunters. And the second question, where do they put your data? Have you thought about this?
Lemer

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:45:34 AM

I don't think it's necessary.
Because the bounty is only a small number, it is obviously not cost-effective to submit KYC for such a return.
Secondly, the KYC database of more and more ICO projects has been stolen, and our KYC data security is not guaranteed.

itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:46:47 AM

well its certainly very uncomfortable to share your personal details to receive bounty rewards or get free airdrops.. I think for bounties there should be some rule to make them announce up front that this bounty will require KYC to distribute token rewards..  Like i participated in few bounties and after months of effort and work put into the bounty campaigns now they demand KYC when campaign is ended !
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:52:20 AM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

This is happening for years Tk808, people give their personal info and
later they blame everyone else cause someone cleaned their accounts.
   People can blame all other, but we are guilty for our choices. Until now
I did not see any AirDrop that asks for ID, or other personal documents,
but when I see that I will just close that window. I do not plan to give
anyone my personal info.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

My privacy is so important to me it will screen out fake accounts but those information should remain private it could get to a wrong hands and be used for an illegal activity i am not in support of this new development of asking kyc from bounty hunters.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:55:01 AM

Never give any sensitive information about you. Like your passport and other valuable id's. That's why when i joined some airdrops or bounty. I'm very carefull on giving sensitive information about me. Otherwise, I will be a victim of identity fraud.
E50M

Merit: 23

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:03:02 AM

OMG, I wanted to take part in bounty twitter and facebook GBX-The Crypto Harbor. I passed KYC 7 times and they did not approve me. I sent them all the documents - passport, international passport, my registration, my driver's license. did I make a big mistake? Will they come to me and steal the password for my MEW? Will they kill me because my wallet is empty? I'm very worried Shocked
rdny

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:15:37 AM

Currently it seems like we start to have a KYC abuse, we see this term everywhere and for nothing.

It seems fair to follow a KYC process when you need to invest, so it's justified as they receive money from others parties, but for bounties or airdrops, it's just a steal of personal information. Be careful because some projects could be just a scam to steal personal informations, and if someone use your identity, sometimes, it can take years to recover from it, if the thief use it to make credits....

Just imagine if someone offers you a sampling of your favorite soda brand and request a copy of your ID card, your name, adress, phone number, will you accept ?  Roll Eyes

We shouldn't care if someone make multi accounts for bounties, because if he wants to be rewarded twice, he will have to work twice more, so well, being paid twice isn't a crime.

That is my sentiment as well. if someone has multiple accounts then he/she is doing the work multiple times hence the need for greater payment. Maybe because that person is an efficient individual and can handle multiple work loads all at the same time through skill and proper time management. I ask of you guys, how many e-mails have you created or used in your lifetime?how about social media accounts?we are going into crypto to move forward, why go back to the dark ages?these information that they are gathering is their tool for them to control society. Look at banks, you need to provide all sorts of documents before they accommodate your deposit for safe keeping, but we all know that our deposits are being used by banks to invest in other markets and gain money through it. so no to kyc.
desciglio2

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

The Gladius bounty team asked me KYC. I guess I will not send KYC.
It isn't right to provide identification information for a little bounty  Undecided

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: