Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6902 times)
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:22:42 PM

I think this is completely wrong. I am an advocate of anonymity and do not see adequate reasons for bounty hunters to go KYC to get their pennies.  Undecided
TonyLukarelly87

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:58:44 PM

At this moment passing the KYC is a little bit unfamiliarly for the members of companies. But in the future it'll become a standard procedure and all the
members would have to do it. It's hard to say if it is good or bad. Time will tell.
Igorpap2

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

I like this idea! If the future KYC is a prerequisite for participating in bounty programs, this will reduce the number of people using several accounts ...
This can increase the quality of bounty programs, which is beneficial for the creators of the ICO and the bounty hunter .  Roll Eyes
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:07:18 PM

I am not a big fan of KYC for bounty campaigns. Because I am not really sure that I want to share my private details with some company. There are some companies that I trust and believe in too. But some of them, asking KYC to receive about 30$, I believe it is ridiculous and someday and someone will make bounty campaign to collect a lot of private data like passports, address, residence, phones, wallet address. And it scares me..  Undecided
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:10:55 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.
The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

Agreed sir , Giving personal ID and information through the process of KYC may lead to severe disaster due to miss use. I have faced some KYC , those are too much harder to complete. May be we have to consider any thing else in the place of KYC. May be there will be more easier process to restrict system to  reduce violation multiple account usage.
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:20:23 PM

I am not a big fan of KYC for bounty campaigns. Because I am not really sure that I want to share my private details with some company. There are some companies that I trust and believe in too. But some of them, asking KYC to receive about 30$, I believe it is ridiculous and someday and someone will make bounty campaign to collect a lot of private data like passports, address, residence, phones, wallet address. And it scares me..  Undecided

You are right. That's not a huge price to collect a data of bountyst's and crypto-investors and then sale it for 3d part advertise and scammers etc
Meanwhile some ICO can collect your personal data first.... and pay nothing after Smiley

CryptoDemonElite

Merit: 7

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

Yes, people shouldn't give in to stuff like this, but there will always be them desperate people who do. Let hope people are not stupid enough to do it.
CryptoDemonElite

Merit: 7

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:26:47 PM

It sad because of there people who are already doing this to get free twitter followers.
D ltr

Activity: 1360
Merit: 258

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:35:07 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

for me its fine as long the bounty payment is good but if the payment was less than it should, I will not submit my Data

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

I don't mind giving my personal info as long as it will just include my name, address and country and to a good company and project. It will not harm me on some ways.

But prior to that, the project must well known and really famous in the world of cryptocurrency. Crypto is all about anonimity but we can't take away that scammers are always there so I understand the KYC part. Just don't want to give it on a shit company.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:41:23 PM

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

I have renounced to Polymath airdrop exactly for this reason. No way I would send them the can of my passport in the hope to get a few coins. If everybody would have done like me, Polymath would have had to change approach.
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:58:29 PM

I really don't like KYC procedures :/ so I tend to avoid bounty campaigns that does that except for one that I participated in the past since they just updated it suddenly >.>

I always ask if bounty participants need to fill in kyc so I won't waste my time on it xD
kulitmanggis

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:10:45 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I think KYC for bounty hunter seems to be too much because bounty is just like giving kebberkahan not and do not have to wear KYC but if anyone like that want to how else just follow the plot to pay a fee.
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

I really don't like KYC procedures :/ so I tend to avoid bounty campaigns that does that except for one that I participated in the past since they just updated it suddenly >.>

I always ask if bounty participants need to fill in kyc so I won't waste my time on it xD
Alas. There are bounties who at first do not report whether a procedure of KYC is needed or not. Even if I ask, some bounty managers can not answer this question. Some may surprise me KYC at the end of a bounty campaign and my work. This is complete confusion that complicates life
Fakayode1

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:08:35 PM

The funniest part of this is that the manager are not asking for it when announcing the campaign and the efforts of participants becomes futile.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:32:01 PM

It sad because of there people who are already doing this to get free twitter followers.

What you mean with that Huh Doing what for free twitter followers? Bounty, KYC? I did´t get you, sorry   Roll Eyes
Anyway, almost no one likes that, but.. we got no choice. Actually got.. Fill KYC and get tokens, or ignore KYC and receive nothing. Sad..
Ecex.Exchange

Activity: 1148

https://ecex.exchange/ — First Crypto Depository

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:39:04 PM

We made additional bounty functionality to our exchange project: Ziggurat token TELEGRAM BOUNTY - JOIN OUR CHANNEL AND GET 30 ZIG
https://ico.ecex.exchange/telegram-bounty-join-our-channel-and-get-40-zig/
Telegram https://t.me/ZigguratICO

Ecex.Exchange ▮ Your Simple Powerful Trading & Swap Tool ▮ Ecex.Exchange
Listings ▮▮ Listings
TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramReddit
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:46:01 PM

What can you offer, other than empty words? Organize a mass protest, arrange a strike against the bounty, only then it will have at least some effect

balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:42:53 PM

The worst thing is that bounty participants didn't know that KYC is mandatory when they participating campaign . Usually devs tell this right after the campaigns ends. For me it's looks like a some kind of scam , because a lot of participants will pass KYC and thus will not get paid for their work . Is there a way to stop it ?
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:51:55 PM

I guess that will be a new trend, as ICO's are afraid to pay participants who are residents and citizens of restricted countries. So in that way, they protect themselves. Pay taxes and stay happy Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: