Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:40:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35228 times)
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:57:03 AM

Not sure what your talking about. The March 10-20 batch was for motherboards, not cases. I received the case today and will be making a build bid in the coming days.

Also for reference I am replacing all the fans with Noctua Nf-f12 industrial 3000 rpm fans. Will post once the build is complete and I see how noise and temps are looking.

Great. Interested to see how the Noctua fans will perform.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoolFully

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:52:38 AM

Can someone please explain in detail how to connect atx power supply because everyone that does video build doesn’t explain it at all. All son of tech says is connect 2 vga to any 2 by card slots and then he pulls out 2 pin cord attaches little piece with jumper and says haha do this but doesn’t say what. Vosk guy says shows my psu in his video the Vega 1200 P2 and says he will explain how to connect it but I guess he forgot to do it in the video. Octominer doesn’t explain it either in his video but just quickly shows it. What holes do jumper go and do I need it if my psu is fully modular?
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper.

Can someone please explain in detail how to connect atx power supply because everyone that does video build doesn’t explain it at all. All son of tech says is connect 2 vga to any 2 by card slots and then he pulls out 2 pin cord attaches little piece with jumper and says haha do this but doesn’t say what. Vosk guy says shows my psu in his video the Vega 1200 P2 and says he will explain how to connect it but I guess he forgot to do it in the video. Octominer doesn’t explain it either in his video but just quickly shows it. What holes do jumper go and do I need it if my psu is fully modular?
FoolFully

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:38:30 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 03:54:55 PM by FoolFully

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper

Thanks but Evga P2 doesn’t have just 6pin cords. I have (4) 8 to 6+2, (2) 8 to 6+(6+2) and (2) 8 to 4+4 cords. The psu takes 8 pins, mobo takes 6 pins and gpu takes 8 pins. Doesn’t seem I have enough cords for 8 cards unless I can use 8 to 6+(6+2) Cords so (6+2) plugs into 1 gpu and then the 6 split plugs into adjacent gpu. Does gpu only need 6 of 8? Also evga comes with 24 pin black cap that looks to connect 2 pins so I just cap the 24 pin cord and plug it into psu so the cord just dangles off without connecting to anything?
quick1unc

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:41:46 AM

Well today was a disappointing day. Finally got a chance to install my octominer board into the new octominer case that came in yesterday. Installed a 8gb ram stick and the 120gb msata drive and proceeded to power up for first time. Came up to boot screen without issue and I went into bios. Didn't change anything except the boot order and changing the cpu to max turbo boost since i'm running windows. I proceeded to install windows. got to the desktop and proceeded to install the updates. When the rig rebooted it would crash as soon as it entered the login screen. At this point I tried recovery, fresh re-install but I could no longer even get into windows no matter what. I couldn't even get past the first reboot and into windows final setup. I tried swapping out hard drives and memory and still no luck. Finally I ran memtest which failed every time on test 6 with thousands of errors; regardless of which memory stick I put in. At this point it seems like its either a memory controller that is shot or something with the cpu. I contacted octominer chat and spoke to Carl who is working with me to get a replacement sent out. Sucks to have to sit on the finished system for another week or more but not much else I can do atm since there's no quick way to get a board:\ Hopefully the replacement takes care of the issues.

If anyone has seen anything similar or has any ideas, i'm all ears. nothing but time until the new ones comes:)
quick1unc

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:46:49 AM

I run an evga psu as well. I just took one of the 6+2 vga cables that has double connections on it and hooked that up to the 2 6 pin plugs on the motherboard. That gives you all the motherboard power you need. the rest of your vga plugs you can use for your gpu's. At worst case if you're running something less than 1080ti's, you can just buy 8pin to dual 8pin splitters. I bought a couple just in case but based on the number of cords that came with my 1600p2, I think i'll be fine. As far as the 24 pin; yes just put that jumper plug in it and when you're ready to turn the system on just turn the switch on the back of the psu and it will turn on automatically. Then just tuck that cable and you're good to go.

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper

Thanks but Evga P2 doesn’t have just 6pin cords. I have (4) 8 to 6+2, (2) 8 to 6+(6+2) and (2) 8 to 4+4 cords. The psu takes 8 pins, mobo takes 6 pins and gpu takes 8 pins. Doesn’t seem I have enough cords for 8 cards unless I can use 8 to 6+(6+2) Cords so (6+2) plugs into 1 gpu and then the 6 split plugs into adjacent gpu. Does gpu only need 6 of 8? Also evga comes with 24 pin black cap that looks to connect 2 pins so I just cap the 24 pin cord and plug it into psu so the cord just dangles off without connecting to anything?
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:10:23 PM

I run an evga psu as well. I just took one of the 6+2 vga cables that has double connections on it and hooked that up to the 2 6 pin plugs on the motherboard. That gives you all the motherboard power you need. the rest of your vga plugs you can use for your gpu's. At worst case if you're running something less than 1080ti's, you can just buy 8pin to dual 8pin splitters. I bought a couple just in case but based on the number of cords that came with my 1600p2, I think i'll be fine. As far as the 24 pin; yes just put that jumper plug in it and when you're ready to turn the system on just turn the switch on the back of the psu and it will turn on automatically. Then just tuck that cable and you're good to go.

I have the EVGA P2 1200w. Is there anyway to get it to stay powered on all the time? I have a 24pin ATX jumper attached but it only turns on the mobo if I detach and reattach it? I was hoping for a solution where I can just turn off the power then put it back on for it to restart the miner
quick1unc

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:18:34 PM

Once you have the jumper plug you shouldn’t have to touch it. Keep in mind if you have eco switch turned on then the fan won’t come on unless under load. Orherwose the psu will always be on with the jumper plugged in.
CryptoDocker

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:29:48 PM

Once you have the jumper plug you shouldn’t have to touch it. Keep in mind if you have eco switch turned on then the fan won’t come on unless under load. Orherwose the psu will always be on with the jumper plugged in.

Hmmm dunno why mine doesn't seem to work the same. With the jumper plugged in and with a power off it doesn't come back on without me unplugging/re plugging the jumper once power is active again.

quick1unc

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:57:56 PM

Are you shutting the system down via a power button or windows shutdown?
CryptoDocker

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:00:55 PM

Running Hive OS - basically my plan was to reset it by switching off the power from a remote wall socket adapter then waiting a few seconds and enabling power again with the device then powering back up.

I have mounted the case high up on the garage wall so wanted to get away from pushing buttons etc was hoping to reset just via my phone with an app
quick1unc

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:21:50 PM

The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the power on after AC loss in the bios settings.
CryptoDocker

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:02:52 AM

The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the power on after AC loss in the bios settings.

Possibly - have left the bios untouched when the mobo shipped - I wonder if that is the default setting or not?
quick1unc

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:58:18 AM

It was defaulted to on with mine, but I can’t rhink of anything else that would cause that problem. If you reset the psu remotely, the motherboard should boot up.
quick1unc

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:07:25 AM

I’m looking to buy a 2nd board if anyone has one for sale in US.
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:26:29 PM

Running Hive OS - basically my plan was to reset it by switching off the power from a remote wall socket adapter then waiting a few seconds and enabling power again with the device then powering back up.

I have mounted the case high up on the garage wall so wanted to get away from pushing buttons etc was hoping to reset just via my phone with an app

That's not a bad idea to use a remote power socket.
In april we will also start selling PDU's (power distribution units) that have networking features and has remote reboot feature for all the individual sockets.

If anybody has any specific ideas or requests then please let us know. We are currently developing a range of PDUs that we plan to launch late April.
quick1unc

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:21:31 PM

Ya I do the same thing. I have each house rig on a WiFi enabled smart plug that I can power cycle from anywhere as long as I have WiFi or cell service. Has come in handy more times than I can count.
SchumiRC

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:32:53 PM

When we will use credit card without PayPal ? PayPal is blocked in my country and non of Turkey credit cards work with PayPal. I'm still waiting to buy.
quick1unc

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:39:13 PM

Here’s my octominer case with the Noctua fans, waiting on my alternate octominer board as well as one of the Onda B250 boards to come in tomorrow. I will be testing both head to head and will do a full review.

https://imgur.com/gallery/D9FqG
octominer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 05:19:01 AM

When we will use credit card without PayPal ? PayPal is blocked in my country and non of Turkey credit cards work with PayPal. I'm still waiting to buy.

Hey!

We should have credit card processing again in April meanwhile crypto only.
And we will never ever use Paypal again.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: