Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:10:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35229 times)
tavogl

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:32:14 AM

Got to say that octominers customer service is great, my PSU died, I spoke to them on the chat and then an quick email stating the psu had died, they sent me the new psu after a few days, you don't get this kind of support in many places, because of this, I will continue to buy octominer products.

Btw octominer did you change anything on the new atx psus? this one is quieter than the last one which seemed to be running at full blast 100% of the time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:20:43 AM

Got to say that octominers customer service is great, my PSU died, I spoke to them on the chat and then an quick email stating the psu had died, they sent me the new psu after a few days, you don't get this kind of support in many places, because of this, I will continue to buy octominer products.

Btw octominer did you change anything on the new atx psus? this one is quieter than the last one which seemed to be running at full blast 100% of the time

Hey!

Glad to hear that you are happy with our products and the level of support we provide. Smiley
We are constantly upgrading and improving our products. Which ATX PSU do you have? We have a new 1650W one that has a silent fan that has 2 speed options also.
cloudhax

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:09:23 AM

received my march order today.   this time the outside of the case was completely covered in the blue protective film (my february order didn't).  While I am sure the intention is good to keep it scratch free, personally I don't care much. I probably spent half an hour trying to get every little bit of that blue shit off the case and its just impossible without completely disassembling it (it gets stuck in the edges, etc).   pain in the ass, just my opinion

I think I had some other gripes I thought of while assembling the rig but now that its up and running I can't remember so it must not have been that important  Smiley
FuelDeal

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:23:30 AM

received my march order today.   this time the outside of the case was completely covered in the blue protective film (my february order didn't).  While I am sure the intention is good to keep it scratch free, personally I don't care much. I probably spent half an hour trying to get every little bit of that blue shit off the case and its just impossible without completely disassembling it (it gets stuck in the edges, etc).   pain in the ass, just my opinion

I think I had some other gripes I thought of while assembling the rig but now that its up and running I can't remember so it must not have been that important  Smiley

+1, the blue film was super hard to get off completely. Also my order didn't come with any motherboard screws Sad
btcmine.co.za

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:10:40 AM

https://imgur.com/a/BOIyc

8 X 1080 running on octoboard..

24mh per card and 100w per card...
thanks.. working well..

octominer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:51:13 AM

Hey!

We appreciate the feedback. Sorry to hear that you had a tough time removing the blue film off the case.
We will make the next batch without the blue film on the whole case. Just the top lid.
Our manufacturer thought it would be better to have the whole case covered in the blue protective film.
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:46:44 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 01:12:40 PM by quick1unc

So i'm having an issue with my 8 1070 ti octo rig after my last board replacement. For some reason since I replaced the board i'm getting erratic gpu usage on all gpu's when mining and lower hash rate as well. I'm currently mining zcash and on this rig the gpu usage bounces all over the place from 5 or so to 99 and my hashrate per gpu is only 425-450 instead of 500+ that it will start off at. My other partial build which is on the onda board with the same model of cards gets and stays at 500+ sols and the power usage is a flat 99% with no deviation. There is definitely something weird going on but I can't figure it out. It's harder to troubleshoot this one because its so slow in windows. I'm going to go through the bios and check any settings that might need to be changed, but figured i'd post here for some ideas.

Tried re-installing drivers but that didn't help. Started off at a nice 500+ per card and quickly went down to 440's. running at 70% power, +200 and +600 same as the other partial rig. I didn't have this issue before the last board failure as all 8 ran at 500+ sols with no issue so I know its not just a matter of the cards not being able to do it. I also notice that my gpu temps are way lower than before, almost like they aren't working as hard as before hence the lower hash rate. I would typically be in the low-mid 60's previously and now i'm in the low 50's.

Edit: I don't know if its contributing but when I check in task manager my CPU usage is 85%+ and 45-60% of it is coming just from system, not sure if thats normal or not. Checked my Onda rig with 2 gpu's and they stay at a steady 99-100% usage with no drops at 500 sols with the same settings.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:05:27 PM

So i'm having an issue with my 8 1070 ti octo rig after my last board replacement. For some reason since I replaced the board i'm getting erratic gpu usage on all gpu's when mining and lower hash rate as well. I'm currently mining zcash and on this rig the gpu usage bounces all over the place from 5 or so to 99 and my hashrate per gpu is only 425-450 instead of 500+ that it will start off at. My other partial build which is on the onda board with the same model of cards gets and stays at 500+ sols and the power usage is a flat 99% with no deviation. There is definitely something weird going on but I can't figure it out. It's harder to troubleshoot this one because its so slow in windows. I'm going to go through the bios and check any settings that might need to be changed, but figured i'd post here for some ideas.

Tried re-installing drivers but that didn't help. Started off at a nice 500+ per card and quickly went down to 440's. running at 70% power, +200 and +600 same as the other partial rig. I didn't have this issue before the last board failure as all 8 ran at 500+ sols with no issue so I know its not just a matter of the cards not being able to do it. I also notice that my gpu temps are way lower than before, almost like they aren't working as hard as before hence the lower hash rate. I would typically be in the low-mid 60's previously and now i'm in the low 50's.

Edit: I don't know if its contributing but when I check in task manager my CPU usage is 85%+ and 45-60% of it is coming just from system, not sure if thats normal or not. Checked my Onda rig with 2 gpu's and they stay at a steady 99-100% usage with no drops at 500 sols with the same settings.

I haven't mined equihash in an age, however, that sounds like a miner that needs tweaking to avoid overloading the cpu that'll bottleneck and throttle everything. There were a couple of earlier Claymore dual miner build that caused a similar situation for me with along with early versions of XMRstack for Nvida. It's a fairly light CPU in terms of capacity so there is a good chance of it being pickier than what you've stuck on the Onda.
Do you have miner versions, configs etc and driver and OS versions etc available?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

Both rigs are running Windows and both are using the newest version of dstm. I’ve used it before on this rig and was getting 500+ sols per card, that’s why I know something is wrong. The overall machine feels slower than before. I expect some sluggishness since the octo board isn’t the best for Windows, but the reduced hashrate, erratic gpu utilization and high cpu usage are all off in comparison with the same settings and software on my Onda board. My previous octo board had normal speeds hats why I’m leaning to something with this board; maybe something was set different in the bios?

Keep in mind that I’m not mining on the cpu at all.
octominer

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:41:05 AM

Hey. Try connecting all 5 of the 6PIN power connectors on the motherboard. Some GPUs draw more power from the PCI lanes and sometimes it is required to connect all 5 of the motherboard power connectors.
cloudhax

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:22:00 AM

Hey. Try connecting all 5 of the 6PIN power connectors on the motherboard. Some GPUs draw more power from the PCI lanes and sometimes it is required to connect all 5 of the motherboard power connectors.

I wonder if thats why I was having trouble with windows when I got my first octominer rig.  Anyway I've since switched to HiveOS and these boards are stable as hell on it, I love it
FuelDeal

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:38:35 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a USB WiFi adapter that works well with Octominer and HiveOS?
octominer

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:34:30 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a USB WiFi adapter that works well with Octominer and HiveOS?

Hey!

The Xiaomi USB WIFI adapter works well and has good signal strength.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-WiFi-Portable-Mini-USB-Wireless-Router-Repeator-WiFi-USB-Adapter-with-1TB-Free-Cloud/32318777324.html
tavogl

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:31:59 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 02:42:09 AM by tavogl

Hey!

Glad to hear that you are happy with our products and the level of support we provide. Smiley
We are constantly upgrading and improving our products. Which ATX PSU do you have? We have a new 1650W one that has a silent fan that has 2 speed options also.

It's just the regular ATX Psu, but for some reason it's quieter than the previous one, no 2 speeds.

Would you guys ever consider joining the ASIC war against BITMAIN? has that ever crossed your mind? we need a competitor for bitmain as it seems like GPU mining is damned. We were just having a conversation with one of the ZenCash admins about forking off equihash as their difficulty increased insanely recently and it's kinda obvious there's ASICs mining ZenCash....

I gave them the Monero example, they forked and their difficulty dropped like 75%, it was obvious bitmain is pre mining their asics before shipping them, look at the answer Blockops gave me, one of their admins:

Give the monero and other GPU mined cryptocurrency hashrates a week or two to see what it normalizes to. Big GPU operations would just switch away from monero while there is a fork, then it takes them time to get their mining software updated to the new fork software, then they get back onto mining it.

It is not obvious that there are ASICs mining ZenCash. It is more probable that GPU miners switched away from the Monero drama, and after they get their updates done, things will settle out.

There are also going to be, if there are not already, miners that are FPGA with external memory for algorithms like Ethash and Equihash. The FPGA's would be able to be reconfigured after a fork to match the new algorithm.

The Ravencoin algorithm, X16r, uses 16 different algorithms in different order every block. Even that can be turned into an ASIC by using something similar to a Bitmain D3, and provide a connection to each of the 16 algorithms, then use a controller board to route the solutions in and out of the 16 algorithms.

Developers tend to underestimate ASIC and FPGA designers. It's not as simple as it seems, to just call for forking the algorithm when the hashrate gets higher than people like.
Hashrate can be a leading indicator. It means miners are willing to pay more for mining a cryptocurrency because they expect the price to go up in the future.

/////////////////////////////////////////

it seems like big miners are aware that GPU mining will eventually disappear since we can't really do anything about ASICs, this are very smart people and they are aware of the situation, the only way the game will be fair is if bitmain gets aggresive competition, otherwise, in my humble opinion crypto is useless, centralized coins? I might aswell go buy USD$ and Euros.

What's your take on this? would you ever consider this?

wickednoob

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:13:43 PM

Purchased the board, case, and server power supply.  All looking good so far, excited to not be using risers and if we can get this one rig going we'll be buying 8 more setups. 

Working on getting 8 GTX 1060 cards going on W10.  For some reason at cards 5 or 6 W10 starts to have issues.  Everything is solid and stable at 4 cards (sometimes 5) and mines with no issues at this point.

When cards 5+ go into the motherboard I get one of the following issues.

-Windows doesn't load at all.
-Windows will load and then flash on and off, no clickable actions.
-Windows will load and I just get the spinning circle.  I've let this run overnight thinking W10 is doing it's thing but no go.

I've reloaded W10 three times now.  Each time will load with on-board video and then add one gpu.  After Windows loads the drivers I load cards one at a time with a reboot in-between each. 

I've increased virtual memory as well with no go.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

tavogl

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:14:28 PM

hiveos is very simple, you won't have to deal with any of these windows headaches..... get HiveOs it's free, x10 times better than Windows crap, I installed HiveOs 1 month ago and I'd never look back at Windows, ever!
cloudhax

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:10:04 AM

Purchased the board, case, and server power supply.  All looking good so far, excited to not be using risers and if we can get this one rig going we'll be buying 8 more setups. 

Working on getting 8 GTX 1060 cards going on W10.  For some reason at cards 5 or 6 W10 starts to have issues.  Everything is solid and stable at 4 cards (sometimes 5) and mines with no issues at this point.

When cards 5+ go into the motherboard I get one of the following issues.

-Windows doesn't load at all.
-Windows will load and then flash on and off, no clickable actions.
-Windows will load and I just get the spinning circle.  I've let this run overnight thinking W10 is doing it's thing but no go.

I've reloaded W10 three times now.  Each time will load with on-board video and then add one gpu.  After Windows loads the drivers I load cards one at a time with a reboot in-between each. 

I've increased virtual memory as well with no go.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

I had the same problems with Windows.  Now using HiveOS, rock solid which is fantastic.   You might try plugging in more of the 6pin connectors for the motherboard... saw it suggested before in this thread for Windows.  I've not tried it since I've abandoned windows but worth a shot.
FuelDeal

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:43:55 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for quieter fans to use in the case?
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:48:19 AM

Try to connect your fans to +5V this make it quiter, or you can connect one wire to +5 other to +12 it gives +7V

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

Has anyone benchmarked the power draw for an octominer setup vs a standard riser setup?  I.e. tb250+ with celeron cpu?

I don't think risers lose much power but kinda curious if anyone has tested it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: