Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:31:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35234 times)
Dlikrot

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:56:49 PM

Nice. Sell it with ram combo and I’m sold. Buying stuff from many different vendors suck, so I like it..

BTC and KFC
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:39:10 AM

Nice. Sell it with ram combo and I’m sold. Buying stuff from many different vendors suck, so I like it..

We actually have all the parts on our website, like ram, ssd and PSUs.
sxott72

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

All of my 1070 tis have a single 8pin connector. The PSU only has x10 6pin. Can I use a 6pin to 8+2 to power my cards? AND after ordering, I noticed the PSU on back order. How long is it going to be on back order? Will it be here when my march shipment of board comes in?
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

What do you think about the small distance between each card ? i guess its a bad point for air circulation so for temperature.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:18:23 PM

All of my 1070 tis have a single 8pin connector. The PSU only has x10 6pin. Can I use a 6pin to 8+2 to power my cards? AND after ordering, I noticed the PSU on back order. How long is it going to be on back order? Will it be here when my march shipment of board comes in?

I've bought 6 pin to 8 pin connectors for mine it should be fine as modern cards especially if undervolted won't draw too much power. The PSU would definitely be ready for March batch. The only thing unlikely to come back in stock is the motherboard with the faster processor as they are having trouble purchasing those chips

What do you think about the small distance between each card ? i guess its a bad point for air circulation so for temperature.

It can be tight depending on the card. Air flow is pretty important with this compared to using risers in a more spacious rig. These fans are loud/powerful so they will do the job
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:52:01 AM

It's not a problem if you have additional cooling fans pushing some air onto the cards.
For example in the case we have with 7 fans, the GTX 1060 cards with OC all run around 50-65c, depending on the ambient in the room, 65C only if the room is at 32C.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:00:37 AM

hello @Octominer  any update information on the shipping ?? have you shipped already and waiting for the tracking no??
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:21:57 PM

hello @Octominer  any update information on the shipping ?? have you shipped already and waiting for the tracking no??

Hi!
All our team is currently working overtime to make sure every order is shipped out before Chinese New Year holiday starts and DHL stops working. All orders from the February batch will be shipped out by Sunday, we are currently half way through the shipping process and have shipped out half of the orders. Tracking numbers will be mass emailed to everybody on Monday.
cabra

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:33:23 PM

Hi!
All our team is currently working overtime to make sure every order is shipped out before Chinese New Year holiday starts and DHL stops working. All orders from the February batch will be shipped out by Sunday, we are currently half way through the shipping process and have shipped out half of the orders. Tracking numbers will be mass emailed to everybody on Monday.

can you replay to sxott72 question please i wanna know that too Smiley
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:21:57 PM

Currently we still have stock of the Server PSU. The ATX PSU is sold out at the moment.
Yes, you can use adapters to get everything working. We actually provide 10x 6PIN to 2x6+2PIN cables for free with the Server PSU.
sxott72

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:14:10 AM

Right on Smiley TY
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:58:23 AM

We had a tracking number mixup during the shipping process!
Our shipping agent accidentally uploaded wrong tracking numbers into the tracking system and they were emailed to some of our clients. Those numbers are used internally for the shipping agents to track the shipments until they reach DHL. We will send everybody the correct and updated tracking numbers on Monday night/Tuesday morning!
We are currently finishing the packing and shipping for the February batch of motherboards, everything will be sent out by Sunday night.
Thanks again to everyone who made a purchase and sorry for the tracking number mixup!

Just letting everybody know that we are on it and the problem will be solved in a bit. Smiley

crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:17:57 AM

I'm a little confused if my order will ship complete or not.

I got a notification that my order shipped, but I'm not sure if the motherboard is part of the order.  Here's part of the email I received today:

When I placed my order on the 3rd, the website was still showing Feb 5th-8th batch as being available, so I placed my order and have paid.

But looking at the above order status, it sure looks like the mobo is back ordered, and maybe the PSU as well?

@octominer can you please tell me what I see on my order means?
octominer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:20:31 AM

I'm a little confused if my order will ship complete or not.

I got a notification that my order shipped, but I'm not sure if the motherboard is part of the order.  Here's part of the email I received today:

When I placed my order on the 3rd, the website was still showing Feb 5th-8th batch as being available, so I placed my order and have paid.

But looking at the above order status, it sure looks like the mobo is back ordered, and maybe the PSU as well?

@octominer can you please tell me what I see on my order means?

All orders placed before the 5th will be shipped out right now.
It is just showing that notification because when we batch generated the invoices, we were using a new plugin and generated them after the 5th, when we had already changed the product shipping time to the March batch. All orders placed before the 5th of February are being shipped out right now.
D1NG0

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:13:37 AM

What is "90 PLUS"? I believe I can make out a registered trademark vector on it as well.
If you are saying it is the efficiency certification, it is misinforming, because "90 PLUS" is fictitious. Which also raises concern to whether QT/QC was actually done on these high load PSUs, when such labels can be slapped on unqualified.
I can't understand the reasoning behind Octominer willfully imitating the 80 PLUS rating, like sellers on Alibaba, because it only gives your product less authenticity. Hope you can avoid using these techniques to market, as your fine presence in the forum and referred reputation from buyers would be genuine enough. Just my two cents.
proteus7

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:30:02 PM

Can you explaion the "Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's" statement? why not? I have 1080tis in all my rigs right now, and was planning to put 8 in this one. OEMs regularly stack blower cards right next to each other and they work fine..thats what I was planning here?

This board going to have massive problems with hot cards! Dont forget, the hoter your gpu is the slower it works. So single Sapphiere RX 580 Nitro+ can do 32.5 Mhs with ETH at 70°C it becomes more memory errors and need to be restart or it hangs in windows same problem will be with linux. What happens if one of the this china capacitors are dead? You need to send it back and your miner stops making moneys... =( Sorry Octominer but its fail!

I prefer this mainboards http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=886 and simple 008C Risers which I can change if they are dead it also cost less even with CPU and have 2-3 Years warranty.

That's nice you like those boards and risers. Calling the Octominer product a fail is a bit harsh, sure they might not work for your needs but each approach has pros and cons.

I have two riserless rigs (not Octominers but basically the same form factor). I'd recommend nvidia cards with them as they run cooler. Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's (ok hybrids would be awesome but that's going to cost a shitload) but cooling 1060s is no problem with 4 fans extracting heat and 1070s are OK with intake fans and smart heat management around the rigs. I don't miss risers at all on them.

If you are building a bunch of rigs riserless are less hassle too – plug in the cards, ram + ssd, connect fans and you're away.

jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:02:58 AM

Can you explaion the "Sure you're not going to run 1080ti's" statement? why not? I have 1080tis in all my rigs right now, and was planning to put 8 in this one. OEMs regularly stack blower cards right next to each other and they work fine..thats what I was planning here?

It was based on my experience running 1060s on riserless boards. I need 4 extra 120mm fans to keep them under 70˚C (it's summer here) and assumed 1080tis with side mounted fans would be even more tightly spaced and harder to cool.

Keen to hear any actual tests though. I should be less lazy and switch some cards around. But we all know *that* one riser will play up because it was looked at wrong = more downtime than planned.

I have never tried blower cards on any rigs, they may be ok with tight spacing?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:55:51 AM

The key will be to have powerful fans blowing air from the back of the GPUs towards the front (the displayport/hdmi end). You can also add fans on both ends for a push/pull configuration if need be.  We are going to just set a nice 2600cfm box fan to blow on it, which I'm sure will be fine, but we're only putting 1060s on ours.
NobodyIsHome

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:57:33 AM

I have never tried blower cards on any rigs, they may be ok with tight spacing?

Blower cards tend to be thinner.
Spotswood

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:30:59 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 04:36:28 AM by Spotswood

Could someone please send me a simple drawing of this board's mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: