Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU)  (Read 35229 times)
FoolFully

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

Version 2 Octominer Motherboard:
How about having it optimized as a virtual reality gaming and image rendering workstation so you can utilize the gpu for different purpose?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:22:50 PM

Can anyone help me to convert my Octominer so I can use Oculus rift. I’ve never had virtual reality system and have a few question to multipurpose my mining rig.
Is it better if I use all 8 gpu at same time or can I only use 1?
I want to do the high fidelity Rust virtual reality dance party so it tracks my movement with many sensors so is cpu and 8gb ram good enough?

How about having it optimized as a virtual reality gaming and image rendering workstation so you can utilize the gpu for different purpose?

i doubt boards like these riserless miner style mobos (octominer/onda boards with 8 full size slots) will ever be very good at VR as the cards are being run with only 1 PCIe lane per card. VR has more traditional gaming type requirements, you would want at least eight PCIe lanes (PCIe x8 or x16) per card to load textures and such. textures loading at a single PCIe lane speed will be too slow.

might be possible to change some slots to use more lanes but that might disable other slots or devices (msata/sata ports maybe)

Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:30:09 PM

Can anyone help me to convert my Octominer so I can use Oculus rift. I’ve never had virtual reality system and have a few question to multipurpose my mining rig.
I want to do the high fidelity Rust virtual reality dance party so it tracks my movement with many sensors so is cpu and 8gb ram good enough?

i doubt boards like these riserless miner style mobos (octominer/onda boards with 8 full size slots) will ever be very good at VR as the cards are being run with only 1 PCIe lane per card. VR has more traditional gaming type requirements, you would want at least eight PCIe lanes (PCIe x8 or x16) per card to load textures and such. textures loading at a single PCIe lane speed will be too slow.

might be possible to change some slots to use more lanes but that might disable other slots or devices (msata/sata ports maybe)

I also doubt that they will continue manufacturing these boards when GPU mining is almost about to exit. I feel for the company behind this and i can imagine that they've invested a lot of capital into developing these boards.

Hopefully they've been able to recoup at least their initial investment on these octominer boards. It is actually a good product.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:01:49 PM

I also doubt that they will continue manufacturing these boards when GPU mining is almost about to exit. I feel for the company behind this and i can imagine that they've invested a lot of capital into developing these boards.

Hopefully they've been able to recoup at least their initial investment on these octominer boards. It is actually a good product.

GPU mining is still going strong. We are working with multiple big mining farms in Australia, Canada, USA and parts of Europe who are buying around 10 000GPUs every 4-6 months.  Smiley.
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:37:18 AM

Hello,

Do you have any photos of Octominer populated with Vegas? Can I go with 4GB ram to use 8 Vegas? I plan to get some octos to reduce the size of my rigs and get rid of risers, as well to use oly server type PSU. All my cards are Vegas 56 and 64. Is there anything I should consider before shelling the money on Octominer motherboards?

If  you have some photos of Vega Octominer rigs, please, can you post here? Smiley Thanks!
octominer

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:44:17 AM

Hello,

Do you have any photos of Octominer populated with Vegas? Can I go with 4GB ram to use 8 Vegas? I plan to get some octos to reduce the size of my rigs and get rid of risers, as well to use oly server type PSU. All my cards are Vegas 56 and 64. Is there anything I should consider before shelling the money on Octominer motherboards?

If  you have some photos of Vega Octominer rigs, please, can you post here? Smiley Thanks!

Hey!
I don't have any 8X vega rig photo to show you now, but we have clients who run 8x VEGA setups on our motherboards and they work. We have a single VEGA that we have used for testing to confirm it works.
8GB is recommended when running VEGAs since you have to use Windows.  Smiley
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:16:59 PM

Octominer,

thank you for your replies.

I am thinking so much to order some, only if money was not the problem  Grin Grin

Please, can you answer me two more questions.

Is Octominer motherboard compatible with ECC memory?
Is there some kind of hardware watchdog on the motherboard, or any kind of protection or mining feature?
SchumiRC

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:33:01 PM

With latest HiveOS you can use Vega cards. Not flexible as Windows for OC but its works. And users are happy.
octominer

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:23:13 AM

With latest HiveOS you can use Vega cards. Not flexible as Windows for OC but its works. And users are happy.

That's great with Hive that it supports Vegas now. Have you already tried using them in Hive and do they support all the AMD miners there?
rickgresham

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:56:49 AM

Are there header pins on the B8Plus that allow it to be powered up/down with a push button.  My other miner (MSI mobo) has the pins but I don't know if the B8Plus does or not.
octominer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 09:38:08 AM

Are there header pins on the B8Plus that allow it to be powered up/down with a push button.  My other miner (MSI mobo) has the pins but I don't know if the B8Plus does or not.

Yes, the Octominer motherboard has header pins for buttons and LED's. I added the link to our youtube setup guide where you can see how to connect them.
https://youtu.be/49YBnjIHMDc?t=534

velillen

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:13:14 PM

Any idea when you will get more cases in? I'd though when I ordered (on the first) it said back ordered till the 10th but don't see that anymore.

Same if I ordered a case and mobo do you ship separately or wait for all parts (ie the cases) to be instock?

Thanks!
rickgresham

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:44:18 AM

Yes, the Octominer motherboard has header pins for buttons and LED's. I added the link to our youtube setup guide where you can see how to connect them.
https://youtu.be/49YBnjIHMDc?t=534

I see the reset/power switch connections.  They're on a 4-pin plug.  Only two are needed for power up/down/reset, right?  If so, which two?
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:27:43 AM

Just would like to post feedback that some people in our local crypto-mining scene have started receiving their Octominers and they are very happy with it. The build quality is good and setup was easy and hassle-free as advertised. I'm thinking of getting one myself and building a "show-off" rig.

Congratulations and more power to Octominer!

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:37:09 AM

Has anyone got linux running on this and how does it do? Any one running a pci-e fpga off this motherboard?

octominer

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:02:13 PM

Any idea when you will get more cases in? I'd though when I ordered (on the first) it said back ordered till the 10th but don't see that anymore.

Same if I ordered a case and mobo do you ship separately or wait for all parts (ie the cases) to be instock?

Thanks!

Hey!
The cases will be in stock again later this month or a bit sooner. Smiley
We can ship your order partially, just leave a note at the checkout.

Please email us your order id to info@octominer.com and we will update you on the status of your order delivery time.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:47:00 PM

Has anyone got linux running on this and how does it do? Any one running a pci-e fpga off this motherboard?

I am running smos on mSata and the rig had 0 restart for over a week.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
octominer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 12:47:03 AM

All Linux based mining OSs run perfect with the Octominer motherboard.
We will try running some Xiling FPGA cards on them next week. I will post the results here.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:49:11 AM

All Linux based mining OSs run perfect with the Octominer motherboard.
We will try running some Xiling FPGA cards on them next week. I will post the results here.

Sweet

octominer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 06:33:17 AM

Just would like to post feedback that some people in our local crypto-mining scene have started receiving their Octominers and they are very happy with it. The build quality is good and setup was easy and hassle-free as advertised. I'm thinking of getting one myself and building a "show-off" rig.

Congratulations and more power to Octominer!

Thanks for the support! Happy to hear that everybody is satisfied with their Octominer rigs. Smiley
Send me a PM and I can set you up as an affiliate if you are interested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: