Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6747 times)
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:42:45 PM

It is a good analysis because ICOs tokens are based on the real value of a project so why then do anybody have to give his hard earned cash to a project without full understanding of the product or service been offered.

There are a lot of ICO's who are good at all and they do not have anything good to provide at the moment of the ICO. ADA was exactly the same, they did not even had a product, they only had a concept.
But because of the huge hype, it is now a top 7 coin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

i agree with you. never invest in ICO if dont have product. because ICO without any working product easy to be scam. But no all ICO without product is scam, maybe initially they dont have it. that;s why the company using ICO ways to collect funds to make their product. Learn about their whitepaper and roadmap. in roadmap they explain about when the product release, when ready to use and etc.
But better if they already have working product first

It's not a black and white issue, there are certainly exceptions. For example, if the technical team looks committed to the project (Linked in etc profiles loudly showing their involvement in the project) and if the whole ICO looks very well organised like in Arcblock ICO, then it probably means they are in the long haul.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:41:48 AM

Many new coin that use ICO or Initial Coin Offering method is the main attraction for the business of cryptocurrency in the world. Because most of the already launched ICO is proven to provide high profits. While it is advantageous you also need to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO as investment..

that is also true. And what do you think about KickCity?
I am also very confident with this project although formerly ICO rather slow but looks cool, Grin.. Continuous liquidity - because purchases and liquidation are done through smart contract, smart token is always changing, regardless of volume trade them.(Hope this really happens).

NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:29:44 AM

I wouldn't invest in ICO with no product. I need to explore the product and be interested in it to invest in the first place.
aleksus

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:43:24 AM

There are many factors that influence if ICO worth of investing or not, of cause if there is a product it's supreme, but many try to raise funds because they have good idea, but not MVP yet. Indeed the risks are high and nothing can delivered in the end, but the high is potential reward and that what attracts people. For me red flags not to invest are:

- Lack of public team profiles
- Lack of communication and omitting of not comfortable questions
- Unrealistic promises
- Ponzi like refferal awards

and best comment is always make own research don't blindly trust on others opinions.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

Many new coin that use ICO or Initial Coin Offering method is the main attraction for the business of cryptocurrency in the world. Because most of the already launched ICO is proven to provide high profits. While it is advantageous you also need to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO as investment..

I am also very confident with this project although formerly ICO rather slow but looks cool, Grin.. Continuous liquidity - because purchases and liquidation are done through smart contract, smart token is always changing, regardless of volume trade them.(Hope this really happens).

you could visit Telegram community for more information https://t.me/kickcity_chat
Temik2704

Activity: 378

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:38:31 AM

Keep your demands high!
Never invest in ICO with plans "just on paper". It often used to be scam. Look at projects with alpha version at least.

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:55:21 AM

Keep your demands high!
Never invest in ICO with plans "just on paper". It often used to be scam. Look at projects with alpha version at least.

yeah, you need to test before invest
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:12:41 PM

you could visit Telegram community for more information https://t.me/kickcity_chat
Hello ..
Thanks for the information, I've watched some people comment in the group..

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

Investing in ICOs with working products is definitely a good idea. However, some ICOs with no product can still be profitable nowadays. I find that the ICO with a good team (lead by some serial entrepreneurs) has a relatively low hard cap (less than 25M USD) could still be very profitable. The field is just so speculative that hard cap becomes the most important factor when picking ICOs.

aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

Fully agree. If they already did something - that mean they have the real team, something can without investment. So I found e-Chat app. Evereyone know somewhere here exist the list of product ICO?
Many ICO just fund-raising company. Just my opinion, but after the sale ends, no valueable products come from them. Well, this is make people ask "Do You still believe ICO?"

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:35:07 PM

I find it agreeable on some point that product that is produced through ICO is necessary to even give hints to investors that the project they’re in to is legit and well developed by the team who is committed to implement this system in real world.. We can’t just invest on things we haven’t seen or wait for product that is not coming.. A good team provides all details with great intention for the company and for the group investors satisfaction..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:43:14 PM

Hello ..
Thanks for the information, I've watched some people comment in the group..

This is an open chat and everyone has a right to leave a comment
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:48:10 PM

I think proper assessment of those ICOs introduce in the market is really a must, investors should always make some research about the products and see what other people say about it so that they can invest properly and wisely because it is true that some ICOs are like scam that after getting enough from their crowd sale they will be gone in an instant taking every centavos of your investment or some don't make it to stay strong in the crypto currency market.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:18:03 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

Totally agree... product ICO's are more authenticated. They have well-planned road map, concept and a dedicated team to work in a direction of achieving a goal.
On the other hand, ICO with just a theory or idea is less legit to invest. They just come up with big dreams and at last most of them got out of business due to unclear future plan, lack of investment or team distortion. So it is better you invest in a product ICO with clear vision and a strong team.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:21:52 PM

What about TRON? There's no product right now but it has a billion dollar valuation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lalabotax

Activity: 1526
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:42:04 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

yes I really agree. but basically, you are campaigning to promote your own ico. basically the same. what is your difference with many other ico project, still need us as investor.

mashutka

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:05:11 PM

Yeah, definitely true. ICO's with nothing to offer will surely have a low chance of being successful. This kind of ICO's sometimes make their way by offering their coins for almost for free or either making a good marketing stunt.

Look at Cardano or Tron. That's first what comes to my mind but I am sure there are a lot of projects that have nothing and still have a big market cap
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 07:06:39 PM

This coin is similar to an ICO, considering...

New coin with great potentials, coming very soon to the exchange! Do your own research, study your own investment! Good luck,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:17:35 PM

A good example for investment is the TRON. But I would use such investments only for speculative purposes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: