Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well)  (Read 97192 times)
Lollaskates

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:29:11 PM

Regarding Lollaskates exc.cryptc.me pool that has disappeared :

I also had coins on the pool, 6000+, my entire EXC holding, except for a kind gift I received for my help on this coin.

Tally of lost/stolen coins spoken for so far:

Adeel06 ?
boxuser 200
bitezze ?
Queegeh ?
mill0601 9000
bandjhughes ?
Jaden 20000
bluestang ?
YukonCoinelius 6000

TOTAL = 35200 EXC ++, which is 2.5% of the total mint (1380000) as of block 6900 on Sept 10.

Anyone else with lost coins or ? noted above, post or PM me, and I'll update the tally with your amount (anonymously if you prefer not to be listed), so we can understand what % of the coin has been lost/stolen here.

I've PM'd Lollaskates to pursue the options of 1) follow up with the hardware provider for data backups or credits,   2) reimburse users by purchasing the coins on exchange, and 3) arrange partial settlements or payments over time with the users, if the lump sum is a hardship.

His story/position so far appears to be: hardware accidentally “decommissioned”, “we” all lost from this snafu, not my fault, darn the luck -- i.e. zero personal responsibility.

If there's no ethical awakening here in another day or two, I'd imagine some users will look to give Lollaskates negative trust feedback and scammer tag.

Can someone confirm the pool payout address CaptChadd posted, PGyfub9FA8aa1chMRXyXvrwQpVJswPBRBJ, and what the balance there is? (Note that even if the balance is there, we have no way to confirm whether the wallet/keys are really lost; Lollaskates could just be saving them for later.)

I said it was my fault, it was my responsibility to make consistent wallet backups that I hadn't gotten around to doing yet. There are no backups, there is nothing to retrieve. The hosting provider does not perform backups on dedicated servers. The hardware is decommissioned and repurposed.

They. are. gone. There is nothing left to be done. I'm not a scammer, accidents happen. I'm not reimbursing anyone because it was your responsibility to use autopay and not accumulate all your coins on a pool somewhere out of your control, for reasons just like this.

You can call me a scammer if those coins ever leave that wallet, which they won't. All the coins are lost for everyone, period. It sucks, deal with it. Jesus. Stop PM'ing me novels.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goemon888

Activity: 435
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 04:32:35 PM

if the coin was theft the price will go down, if the coin was lost the price will go up? or not?
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:48:05 PM

Regarding Lollaskates exc.cryptc.me pool that has disappeared :

I also had coins on the pool, 6000+, my entire EXC holding, except for a kind gift I received for my help on this coin.

Tally of lost/stolen coins spoken for so far:

Adeel06 ?
boxuser 200
bitezze ?
Queegeh ?
mill0601 9000
bandjhughes ?
Jaden 20000
bluestang ?
YukonCoinelius 6000

TOTAL = 35200 EXC ++, which is 2.5% of the total mint (1380000) as of block 6900 on Sept 10.

Anyone else with lost coins or ? noted above, post or PM me, and I'll update the tally with your amount (anonymously if you prefer not to be listed), so we can understand what % of the coin has been lost/stolen here.

I've PM'd Lollaskates to pursue the options of 1) follow up with the hardware provider for data backups or credits,   2) reimburse users by purchasing the coins on exchange, and 3) arrange partial settlements or payments over time with the users, if the lump sum is a hardship.

His story/position so far appears to be: hardware accidentally “decommissioned”, “we” all lost from this snafu, not my fault, darn the luck -- i.e. zero personal responsibility.

If there's no ethical awakening here in another day or two, I'd imagine some users will look to give Lollaskates negative trust feedback and scammer tag.

Can someone confirm the pool payout address CaptChadd posted, PGyfub9FA8aa1chMRXyXvrwQpVJswPBRBJ, and what the balance there is? (Note that even if the balance is there, we have no way to confirm whether the wallet/keys are really lost; Lollaskates could just be saving them for later.)

I said it was my fault, it was my responsibility to make consistent wallet backups that I hadn't gotten around to doing yet. There are no backups, there is nothing to retrieve. The hosting provider does not perform backups on dedicated servers. The hardware is decommissioned and repurposed.

They. are. gone. There is nothing left to be done. I'm not a scammer, accidents happen. I'm not reimbursing anyone because it was your responsibility to use autopay and not accumulate all your coins on a pool somewhere out of your control, for reasons just like this.

You can call me a scammer if those coins ever leave that wallet, which they won't. All the coins are lost for everyone, period. It sucks, deal with it. Jesus. Stop PM'ing me novels.

I call BS likely story from a scammer thats not taking any responsibility to fix the issue and issue refunds in either exc or equivalent BTC

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

Right now I just cannot believe how flippant and how much Lollaskates seems to not care.

He seems to have the "its just happened, so get over it" attitude which I find disgusting, this is other peoples coins/money we are talking about here.

I am never going to have anything to do with Lollaskates after this, his ignore button just got pressed.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:55:42 PM

Agreed, I suggest everyone leave him negative feedback. There has to be accountability.

YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:07:24 PM

Fine you are accepting fault, but you're not accepting *responsibility*. Your self-justification for not even attempting a partial reimbursement, is ridiculous. A pool is a type of financial service provider. You are contracting to provide a service, including responsibly holding people's funds. I have seen other pools go down, and the operators make an effort to get everyone's coins back. If an exchange gets hacked, they make an effort to refund any losses, at their expense. Because that's the ethical thing to do, and much better for long-term reputation and business.

It's *not* miners' responsibility to frantically pull their coins out of pools just in case the operator is a thief/incompetent. That is a safety valve we have - it does not absolve the operator's responsibility to not lose/steal the coins in the first place!  The entire coin is only a few weeks old - it's hardly unreasonable for miners to leave funds in a pool for a few weeks.

We extended you trust, and you failed it.

And now you're compounding the problem, by trying to brush it away, and not even trying to make things up.

The other reason we need you to make an effort, is because otherwise the coin has the shadow hanging over it of a potentially stolen major chunk of coins. If instead the coins can be believed as most likely lost, then we can just factor that into the total picture. And you can help that belief by making a bona fide effort.

I'm sure the miners would work with you, and accept even a partial settlement if the whole amount is too much for you to make up.

UPDATED TALLY of lost/stolen EXC spoken for so far:

Adeel06 ?
boxuser 200
bitezze ?
Queegeh ?
mill0601 9000
bandjhughes ?
Jaden 20000
bluestang ?
YukonCoinelius 6000
javyer (login jagetinfovyer) 5000
Anonymous 2100

TOTAL = 42300 EXC ++, which is 3.1% of the total mint (1380000) as of block 6900 on Sept 10.

CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:16:25 PM

Fine you are accepting fault, but you're not accepting *responsibility*. Your self-justification for not even attempting a partial reimbursement, is ridiculous. A pool is a type of financial service provider. You are contracting to provide a service, including responsibly holding people's funds. I have seen other pools go down, and the operators make an effort to get everyone's coins back. If an exchange gets hacked, they make an effort to refund any losses, at their expense. Because that's the ethical thing to do, and much better for long-term reputation and business.

It's *not* miners' responsibility to frantically pull their coins out of pools just in case the operator is a thief/incompetent. That is a safety valve we have - it does not absolve the operator's responsibility to not lose/steal the coins in the first place!  The entire coin is only a few weeks old - it's hardly unreasonable for miners to leave funds in a pool for a few weeks.

And now you're compounding the problem, by trying to brush it away, and not even trying to make things up.

The other reason we need you to make an effort, is because otherwise the coin has the shadow hanging over it of a potentially stolen major chunk of coins. If instead the coins can be believed as most likely lost, then we can just factor that into the total picture. And you can help that belief by making a bona fide effort.

I'm sure the miners would work with you, and accept even a partial settlement if the whole amount is too much for you to make up.

Adeel06 ?
boxuser 200
bitezze ?
Queegeh ?
mill0601 9000
bandjhughes ?
Jaden 20000
bluestang ?
YukonCoinelius 6000

TOTAL = 40200 EXC ++, which is 2.9% of the total mint (1380000) as of block 6900 on Sept 10.

There is only one problem with this list. If someone out there who wanted to manipulate the total lost/stolen coins, they could PM you, lie and say they had 50,000 coins on the pool for example. You have only their word on this as there is no proof on how many coins were actually on the pool.

We need a list of lost/stolen coins but also proof to back it up.
Queegeh

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:35:49 PM

Sorry to be that guy but I did not lose any coins, I was very lucky to be cashed out when the site went down because I was away on holiday.
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

Hey mr.Lollaskates,

how can you explain my 7000 exc which I withdraw on bter and when your pool go down it was sending about 3 days and not send it all (cause you didnt pay fee to bter as sender). Could you refund it to me or what?

dont get this too offensive but those are my money and my confidence in your pool!

btw. i made 2% donations and for 10 days of mining gave you lots of excs (much more than all other miners together)

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:06:26 PM

Dear CaptChadd,

there is no way to manipulate with 7000 exc of mine because there is valid picture which I made today with unconfirmed exc on bter. I contact them to understand when it will be on my wallet.

Bter support says that they cant see that unconfirmed exc so they are not in their system or something.

heres a pic which is shown 4000 btcs before 2-3 days (not this on today date). Other 3000 exc never showed on my acc.

http://postimg.org/image/isz5x566f/

and if you want I can copy paste my conversation with bter support.

cheers

krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:10:12 PM

I had a little over 10k coins on the pool, but I don't need them for anything. If the coins ever get refunded, great, but I'm not upset about it.

It only took a few days to mine them, so no big loss. There's no point in getting mad about something that can't be fixed now, but I won't be using any of his pools again.

All the best Lollaskates.
Lollaskates

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:13:43 PM

Adeel06 ?
boxuser 200
bitezze ?
Queegeh ?
mill0601 9000
bandjhughes ?
Jaden 20000
bluestang ?
YukonCoinelius 6000
Anonymous 2100

TOTAL = 42300 EXC ++, which is 3.1% of the total mint (1380000) as of block 6900 on Sept 10.

You love your novels. Pool was up for a month, it wasn't going anywhere. Circumstances change and shit happens, i'm not "reimbursing" people's lost coins they didn't care enough about to setup auto-payout to an exchange or their own wallets. This is unforeseen for everyone, let it go. What's 42,000 on a market rate today? 1.1 BTC? This tragedy lost ~ 1BTC, split between two dozen people. I think i'll sleep okay tonight.

I had a little over 10k coins on the pool, but I don't need them for anything. If the coins ever get refunded, great, but I'm not upset about it.

It only took a few days to mine them, so no big loss. There's no point in getting mad about something that can't be fixed now, but I won't be using any of his pools again.

All the best Lollaskates.

You as well, sorry for the fuck up.
YukonCoinelius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:22:29 PM

There is only one problem with this list. If someone out there who wanted to manipulate the total lost/stolen coins, they could PM you, lie and say they had 50,000 coins on the pool for example. You have only their word on this as there is no proof on how many coins were actually on the pool.

That's true, though I'm not sure what would constitute proof of mining on a pool, without the operator's own records.  And since the operator is saying they won't even pay, it seems to reduce incentive to invent a claim.   I'll apply some discretion to tracking further claims, only within the next 24 hours or so, and any extra-large ones are implicitly subject to reputation (so “Anonymous” has to be taken with a grain of salt).

If Lollaskates decides to come up with some funds, he can review the time sequence/reputation of posters.

To avoid cluttering this thread, I moved the tally list to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276707.0

For further updates/claims on the pool situation, please post over there.
nulo0b

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:35:08 PM

mine and sell your EXC on, https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/EXC

Lollaskates

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:36:23 PM

That's true, though I'm not sure what would constitute proof of mining on a pool, without the operator's own records.  And since the operator is saying they won't even pay, it seems to reduce incentive to invent a claim.   I'll apply some discretion to tracking further claims, only within the next 24 hours or so, and any extra-large ones are implicitly subject to reputation (so “Anonymous” has to be taken with a grain of salt).

If Lollaskates decides to come up with some funds, he can review the time sequence/reputation of posters.

To avoid cluttering this thread, I moved the tally list to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276707.0

Don't waste your time, honestly.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:39:41 PM

Don't waste your time, honestly.

I disagree I feel everyone should know what happened here

krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:05:32 PM

You as well, sorry for the fuck up.

I appreciate it, but it's really no problem. I should have just removed the coins from the pool. I mined them a long time ago and had forgotten about them because they never became very valuable.

Shit happens, but time fixes everything. It would be different if you weren't here explaining what the situation was.
YukonCoinelius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:18:25 PM

Lollaskates, in the interest of at least corroborating your story that the coins are lost, not stolen -- will you provide your contact at your service provider (CloudFlare?), and/or what was their incident case number for this issue? It's a pretty major error, accidentally wiping out a customer's entire system - so they have a record and someone, say CaptChadd, could confirm that aspect with them.  No need to post publicly, just PM him the details.

Once again, the primary reason this matters: we're talking a huge fraction of the coins minted to date, (3.8% and counting), and their disposition significantly affects the EXC economy.
braytz

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:28:36 PM

if the coin was theft the price will go down, if the coin was lost the price will go up? or not?

we need someone that buy this coin.... actually no one wanth them Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Jaden

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:54:48 PM

They didn't have any backups?

And that is a big mistake.

And is why all pools have an autopay feature. Having 20,000 coins in any pool is having a lot of faith and trust in that service, I don't even trust the exchanges with that amount of coins.

As it stands there are two other pools, with one of the pools actually run by one of the exchanges, that seems like a safer bet, just please don't store any coins on the exchanges and use the autopay feature.

Stopping supporting Extremecoin just because one pool has shutdown, a pool that I do not run or control, is a little "extreme", I was not the one who lost your coins, I have made this coin as fair as it can be development wise.

Thanks

Yes, I learned my lesson. I'm small time and was able to jump on this coin the day you introduced it. That's really the only way I was able to amass as many coins as I did with the hardware I have. It took me close to 3 weeks to mine about 20,600 coins and now they are all gone and the difficulty is above what I can compete with. I'm still a supporter, but I'm not mining it right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: