Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well)  (Read 97190 times)
bandjhughes

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:04:22 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 12:18:04 AM by bandjhughes

Right now I just cannot believe how flippant and how much Lollaskates seems to not care.

He seems to have the "its just happened, so get over it" attitude which I find disgusting, this is other peoples coins/money we are talking about here.

I am never going to have anything to do with Lollaskates after this, his ignore button just got pressed.

Unfortunately there are individuals with no honor.  Saying you're responsible for the mistake as Lollaskates did, but then essentially implying "so what, you shouldn't have trusted me to operate the pool in an appropriate fashion, so it's your own fault and I'm sleeping fine with no guilty feelings for your loss" is not taking responsibility or having any honor.  It's a rather despicable attitude.

But considering what others lost, I was lucky and only lost a few hundred coins.  No big deal.  Ironically I had been taking out coins at 50 coin intervals, but recently decided to be cheap and cut transaction expenses by turning off automatic withdrawals.  Turns out that decision was more expensive  Undecided
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blarg

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:47:05 PM

chad's number of posts never goes above 420

conspiracy Roll Eyes
YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:28:24 PM

You love your novels. Pool was up for a month, it wasn't going anywhere. Circumstances change and shit happens, i'm not "reimbursing" people's lost coins they didn't care enough about to setup auto-payout to an exchange or their own wallets. This is unforeseen for everyone, let it go. What's 42,000 on a market rate today? 1.1 BTC? This tragedy lost ~ 1BTC, split between two dozen people. I think i'll sleep okay tonight.

So Lollaskates,

The lost coin tally from your pool now stands at least 58230 EXC - which is 4.2% of the coin mint to date that you've single-handedly vaporized. (and 1.16% of the total scheduled amount of 5M). And the real amount is surely more because not all the miners are following this thread or bothered with a claim.

The reasons you've given not to pay out the miners are self-serving, nonsense. You say:

1) it was their fault for not setting autopay. -- A classic blame the victim. It's a good idea to check your bank statements, too, but that doesn't mean the bank can empty your account if you don't.

2) the amount is just too trivial for your excellency to bother with. -- On the one hand you scoff it's hardly worth anything. And yet you're curiously unwilling to lay out that minor expense, which would make a good name for yourself, plus help the coin and community.

There are guys here out 3 solid weeks of mining, including newbies excited to *finally* get a piece of something, and you can't spend a couple hours and “1.1 BTC” (by your own (lowball) estimate) to make good on it -- and you're sleeping okay??   What's your day job, slipping plaster into the gruel down at the orphanage? 

(Note: actual cost would be 2.4 to 6 BTC, at current exchange prices ranging 0.00004 to 0.0001 for this qty).

The miners just want some or all of their coins. You the operator should make good on them.
Just pick up my tally list, collect the user addresses, and payout. Then you get a thumbs up and 3 cheers.
How hard is that?

If you can't be bothered with the bookkeeping - then just obtain a lump sum on the exchange, 58230 EXC or BTC-equivalent, and send to CaptChadd, me, or some other nominee, and we will undertake to divide it up fairly.

I've made this darn easy for you to Do The Right Thing.

What do you say?
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 06:06:53 PM

I had 1000 EXT auto-payout on cryptc.me pool, but some EXC on pool left for sure, which is not bothering me a lot, the biggest issue is that this situation obviously destroying the EXC trading and pulling it's price down on exchanges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
Queegeh

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:14:37 PM

I had 1000 EXT auto-payout on cryptc.me pool, but some EXC on pool left for sure, which is not bothering me a lot, the biggest issue is that this situation obviously destroying the EXC trading and pulling it's price down on exchanges.

Sadly I have also noticed this, since the 'incident' the coin is less traded, less trusted and we have lost some key voices who were promoting this coin and now no longer have the will to do so because all of their coins were stolen.

I have spoken with a few people who have lost interest due to this and lets just say 58230 EXC does not sound like a high enough number. Their main concern is the fact these funds are not trapped in a wallet but just waiting to be dumped by their new owner once this all dies down. I expect it has also damaged our chances of being listed on additional exchanges at least in the short term.

CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:25:05 PM

Its takle a while for the activity to go up, so I will be on 420 for a while.

As for this coin, you either support it or you don't.

This is not about supporting a pool, it is about supporting a coin, that is the main thing here.

Who in this thread is going to continue to support Extremecoin and who, tell me now, is not going to just because one pool owner acts like a self righteous dick?

I have done every that I can to make this coin fair but it seems even that is not good enough.
Queegeh

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:33:54 AM

Its takle a while for the activity to go up, so I will be on 420 for a while.

As for this coin, you either support it or you don't.

This is not about supporting a pool, it is about supporting a coin, that is the main thing here.

Who in this thread is going to continue to support Extremecoin and who, tell me now, is not going to just because one pool owner acts like a self righteous dick?

I have done every that I can to make this coin fair but it seems even that is not good enough.

The point being made is that due to the actions of one pool owner it has cost you support because it cost people a lot of their early and in some cases only investment in the coin. While you too were caught out by this unfairly you also have to accept that this pool was the primary pool linked by you on your coins home page.

For one reason or another existing supporters now might not have the resources to support this coin any more, a lot of slower miners got burnt and cant re-establish themselves with this coin. Also once bitten, twice shy etc...

This is not any kind of attack on you or the coin and not intended as an attack on your ability to make the coin fair. It is just an assessment of the situation we now find ourselves in. I expect support will return in time but right now it's at a low.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:03:01 AM

Well I still fully support this coin and am still investing my time in future projects too. This has not changed my workload of devotion to Extremecoin.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:18:21 PM

Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:50:22 PM

I am also willing to share links and make YouTube videos or anything else.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

No. Only mining :-)
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 11:03:39 PM

Sad

paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:22:19 AM

Who admin extreme.netcoin.pl?
I cannot withdraw EXC.

marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 12:42:34 PM

Network Hashrate: 1,004.368 MH/s  ?!?!?

Is this real?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

Network Hashrate: 1,004.368 MH/s  ?!?!?

Is this real?!

possible attack

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:04:38 PM

Is anyone else interested in the push to get EXC on Cryptsy? This coin would do so well on there and with the increased traffic.
Queegeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:35:50 PM

Always interested! The feature request has the highest number of votes on the entire feature request forum! https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/29994
marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:43:18 PM

Did anyone check what was happened yesterday, is everything ok in blockchain?
Was that attack when network hashrate was so high or it was just someone with 1GH/s?

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:08:00 PM

Did anyone check what was happened yesterday, is everything ok in blockchain?
Was that attack when network hashrate was so high or it was just someone with 1GH/s?

Block 7790 is fine, it is just that the big miner has gone and the rest of the mining power has to adjust to the high difficulty. As soon as it passes the 72 block threshold the network will return back to normal.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 01:22:24 PM

more solid proof someone is walking around with a big ASIC(s)- they just wanted to hedge and mine a bunch on the chance it goes well , consider it a compliment .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: