Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well)  (Read 97193 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:29:06 PM

I actually don't understand what you mean? Randomly call the coin Doom?

I know , see now you get it , some people think i'm a genius Captain !

**(opinions vary, results not typical)

so what do you think ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:41:11 AM

I love the name Extremecoin and nothing will ever change my mind.

How is Nimble doing?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:47:11 AM

Ha ha , oh you know , we all do what we can ...

Its a fluid and diverse situation , innovative and forward looking. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

Ok captain and Exc lovers.....

Tacotime has come up with DoomXtreme

Or DoomX

I think the community is really behind this , and it could be done without the Captain doing any significant prison time.

I suggest DMX

And it wouldn't need a hard fork.  Ill make the graphic if you want ? That way it wasnt you captain !

I really think we need to move on this ...

The constituents need direction.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pliznau

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:11:42 AM

We also should rename nimble to return to castle wolfenstein(rcw) Smiley) so we are even Smiley)

void
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:04:55 AM

"return to castle wolfenstein(rcw)"

not very catchy ? i'm open to ideas, but that's just silly.

the forum likes DoomXtreme or DoomX

it will lift the price - i definitely would want to own it , who wouldn't ?

especially if its got a nice graphic that people can relate to and  also you are going to get a lot of alternate dimensional demonic vote , which could push the price significantly .

i'm just trying to help , i'm just trying to give the people what they want , democracy , and freedom, love an demons .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pliznau

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:21:09 AM

Democracy and freedom isn't the same thing so you can't give both. You could try duke nukem with X at the end if you feel more comfortable.

void
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:23:16 AM

Extremecoin.

The global hash rates are nice and high.

The price is steadily rising along with the volume.

And if I was a Nimble supporter I would be very worried as you seem to be spending a lot of time in the EXC thread and not so much in yours working hard as a developer.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:42:46 AM

Extremecoin.

The global hash rates are nice and high.

The price is steadily rising along with the volume.

And if I was a Nimble supporter I would be very worried as you seem to be spending a lot of time in the EXC thread and not so much in yours working hard as a developer.

ha ha - yeah , you could have a point , these things move in all manners and directions.

pity about your decision.

i don't like to rush these things you know .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pliznau

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:52:42 PM

You don't want to rush cause you have nothing to rush for Smiley it's a pity that you worry more about exc than your own. But you don't have to be upset that exc is more valuable than nimble Smiley) but as alway haters only hate:)

void
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:07:38 PM

You don't want to rush cause you have nothing to rush for Smiley it's a pity that you worry more about exc than your own. But you don't have to be upset that exc is more valuable than nimble Smiley) but as alway haters only hate:)

:' (

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:12:49 PM

ExtremeCoin has been stuck on block 17,051 for ages now Shocked - what gives?

Ridiculous  Roll Eyes - the second I report it it updates! question rescinded...

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:56:02 PM

The last couple thousand blocks have taken far longer than expected, because all the miners jump on when diff drops low then off when it drops high, leaving it stuck at a high difficulty for a while.

Moving forward from the reward drop, something still needs to be done about the difficulty adjustment.   It shouldn't take 7 hours to get a single block, because this means money transfers are stuck in limbo for a long time.  It may be a side effect of people trying to mine the last few coins, but when difficulty jumps to 99 then all the hash jumps off it just gets stuck.  Long term it needs to be able to handle increases in difficulty without becoming stuck.  Something like SSDRA where if the block takes too long past the target time, it drops the difficulty to zero for that block, so it keeps on track for 2 minute blocks.
pliznau

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:40:54 PM

The thing with the target time sounds great cause i don't know if anyone stays 7hrs+ for 1 coin unless it's worth it.

void
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:48:59 PM

The last couple thousand blocks have taken far longer than expected, because all the miners jump on when diff drops low then off when it drops high, leaving it stuck at a high difficulty for a while.

Moving forward from the reward drop, something still needs to be done about the difficulty adjustment.   It shouldn't take 7 hours to get a single block, because this means money transfers are stuck in limbo for a long time.  It may be a side effect of people trying to mine the last few coins, but when difficulty jumps to 99 then all the hash jumps off it just gets stuck.  Long term it needs to be able to handle increases in difficulty without becoming stuck.  Something like SSDRA where if the block takes too long past the target time, it drops the difficulty to zero for that block, so it keeps on track for 2 minute blocks.

Your ideas are great and after the reward drop, the difficulty adjustment will have to be revamped to take into consideration the drop in global mining power that might happen.

We do have to realise though that a lot of coins have been mined by some users with powerful rigs and I am sure they are going to want to profit from their hoard of coins, so stopping mining after the reward drop would only hinder them when trying to get their coins on exchanges to set up their tactical buy and sell orders.

Mincoin is still going fine and with only a reward of 2 and they had 500 block rewards for only three days or something, so I cannot see why Extremecoin cannot continue on.

If we, the supporters of EXC can come to an agreement of what would be the best difficulty adjustment code for a 1 coin block reward, then I can implement it and inform people of a mandatory client update after a certain block, as well as add some check points.

I think once service providers see that EXC can survive the reward drop, they might start picking it up.
pliznau

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:55:14 AM

You could make a target time readjustment or a progressive adjustment over a bigger number of blocks.

void
covshark

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:06:26 AM

I'm throwing in the towel on this coin. Sorry for grammer in the upcoming paragraphs.

I've been mining this coin since 2 hours after it came out. I've given up on this coin and sold my share of 54,000 coins while I still could before the price tanks. This coin had a great idea (good foresight captain) and was a great experiment, but it has run its course.

Just a few reasons why I've given up:

1. Cryptsy won't take this coin (and they take all sorts of junk coins). IMO, cryptsy is the backbone of ALT coins. The future of this coin's evolution apparently (according to captain) relys on cryptsy adoption.
2. No services....None.....and none in sight. I've heard promises of escrow, but still haven't seen anything, and escrow is the best service this coin has to offer right now.
3. (see number 2) No goods or services, whats the benefit of this coin. ex. CPR offered physical copper bars for their coins and the coin took off blasting WAY past litecoin for a while.
4. Developer's lack of experience, sorry captain but your lack of knowledge shows.
5. The Dishonest Pool that shut down the 100,000(+ or -) coins that are "lost" that could be dumped on the market at any time and crash the market.
6. Hoarders, too many hoarders holding. Hoping and wishing this coin makes something of itself just to make their money back in the amount of electricity they used.
7. Noone's going to mine it after the reward drop with such a lack of current value.

There's just a few reasons off the top of my head. DOOMCOIN is a proper name. Captain your idea of this coin was great, the lack of development, services, adoption, honest pool operators, are the main killers of this coin.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for my observations of this coin, but I'm out.
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:13:44 AM

Why won't cryptsy take the coin? Did they give a reason?

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:41:51 AM

People will keep mining or else they will not be able to move any of their coin hoards.

I have emailed Crypty many times and they just ignore me and the large request thread.

Why is my experience lacking?

I got BBQcoin on three exchanges and this coin on two.

I would like to think that's not bad going.

And the escrow service is still in development.

I don't want to rush and half finished services just for the sake of showing EXC has some. I want them to work flawlessly.
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:36:38 AM

I'm throwing in the towel on this coin. Sorry for grammer in the upcoming paragraphs.

I've been mining this coin since 2 hours after it came out. I've given up on this coin and sold my share of 54,000 coins while I still could before the price tanks. This coin had a great idea (good foresight captain) and was a great experiment, but it has run its course.

Just a few reasons why I've given up:

1. Cryptsy won't take this coin (and they take all sorts of junk coins). IMO, cryptsy is the backbone of ALT coins. The future of this coin's evolution apparently (according to captain) relys on cryptsy adoption.
2. No services....None.....and none in sight. I've heard promises of escrow, but still haven't seen anything, and escrow is the best service this coin has to offer right now.
3. (see number 2) No goods or services, whats the benefit of this coin. ex. CPR offered physical copper bars for their coins and the coin took off blasting WAY past litecoin for a while.
4. Developer's lack of experience, sorry captain but your lack of knowledge shows.
5. The Dishonest Pool that shut down the 100,000(+ or -) coins that are "lost" that could be dumped on the market at any time and crash the market.
6. Hoarders, too many hoarders holding. Hoping and wishing this coin makes something of itself just to make their money back in the amount of electricity they used.
7. Noone's going to mine it after the reward drop with such a lack of current value.

There's just a few reasons off the top of my head. DOOMCOIN is a proper name. Captain your idea of this coin was great, the lack of development, services, adoption, honest pool operators, are the main killers of this coin.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for my observations of this coin, but I'm out.

This isn't flaming, but let me offer my responses to your criticism.

1. No one except BigVern  knows why Cryptsy hasn't taken on EXC yet or if they will, but EXC is on 2 other exchanges. If you want to trade it you can and the volume has been fairly high.

2 & 3.  Services are on the way. At the very least an Escrow service and a webstore are in active development, as well as gambling.

4. CaptChadd has been successful with other coins.  Not sure how that means lack of experience.

5. Dishonest pool.. yes that sucks.  But you don't know if those coins were hoarded or dumped already.

6. Hoarders, like any coin some save and some dump.  There have been lots of people dumping this coin and some saving.  By your own confession, you hoarded almost 1% of the coins until you decided to dump.  Until there are more services there aren't many other options. Sell or save.

7. It remains to be seen who will mine.  People who hoarded it will probably mine if just to be able to spend and sell.  There are other coins that seem to survive with only low block reward ( MinCoin, CGB, Diamond, BitGem). In fact right now after the reward drop difficulty has actually gone up... network hash is 69.4 Mh/s as I write this which is higher than a large percentage of other scrypt alt-coins.

Again not flaming just discussing your criticism.  I'n my opinion it's far to soon to throw in the towel on this coin.  The whole experiment was to see what happens when a coin gets mined out.  The experiment is just beginning on this one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: