Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well)  (Read 97192 times)
roundmaster

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:33:39 AM

The coin code is fine

No. It's got an incorrectly implement KGW difficulty adjustment algorithm resulting in the network taking days (if at all) to find new blocks. This needs to be the first fix.

This is not an incorrect implementation of the KGW but we have a huge change  in the network hashrate sometimes. Anyway this is nothing that we have known before with feathercoin where the coins was really stick for weeks. Anyway the future coin update will definitely leave this issue behind.

Here we have a fair coin, fully mature, fully exempt of all the scams issues and features that we see all around this year. This coin is trustful and well done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justover

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:04:32 AM

The coin code is fine

No. It's got an incorrectly implement KGW difficulty adjustment algorithm resulting in the network taking days (if at all) to find new blocks. This needs to be the first fix.

This is not an incorrect implementation of the KGW but we have a huge change  in the network hashrate sometimes. Anyway this is nothing that we have known before with feathercoin where the coins was really stick for weeks. Anyway the future coin update will definitely leave this issue behind.

Here we have a fair coin, fully mature, fully exempt of all the scams issues and features that we see all around this year. This coin is trustful and well done.

I'm waiting the new implementation. Any schedule?
roundmaster

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

The coin code is fine

I'm waiting the new implementation. Any schedule?

I look forward too. I hope everything will be ready soon.
NastyDog

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:45:50 AM

Took me most of the day but I think I got it moving again.  Check your chains.
justover

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:07:43 PM

Being distracted by this huge amount of new coins; lead us nowhere. We must stay focused, and extremecoin worth it. The chain is still safe and consistent here.
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:23:54 AM

Hi all,

I am back and working on Version 1.6 to fix the difficulty adjustment.

Then I will be working on the next version with a big and interesting change for the better, hold onto your EXC everyone :-)
eXXeZZ

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

Thanks for the information CaptChadd, that's good news Smiley
johnray

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:53:33 PM

Good news. +1
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8970/static/

Enjoy e-pool mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
faraway

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:27:29 PM

Thanks for the information CaptChadd, that's good news Smiley

Thanks for the update - A lot of alternates are in a bad shape; Anyway extremecoin is still very strong, and will continue growing and improving over the years.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

I have moved quiet a bit of my cold storage commodities (Platinum, Gold and Silver) to raise the capital needed to get Extremecoin where it deserves to be.

A coin with a fair launch, two months worth of a 200 block reward, of which I mined like everybody else and then the drop to a 1 coin block reward, the reason being is that only dedicated supporters of EXC and others invested in Extremecoin would mine.

IMO for POW coins, mining should not be for profit but for EXC's network security, that should be a miners main priority, to help secure the coins that they already have.

This is the main reason that I find Auto-profit pools detrimental, this then makes mining just all about making profit and at the same time getting good but smaller coins stuck at high difficulty levels.

You can quote me on this:

"Extremecoin will only be profitable for the dedicated; The individuals who support it and help to secure, protect and expand its goals, in the present and for the future, as only then can we truly make a difference."

All of my focus and my efforts are going to be dedicated to Extremecoin from this point onwards.

The Extremecoin supporter forum will be online in a matter of days so we can all understand the short and long term goals of this long standing Crypto-Currency.

If anyone would like to help support this coin with services then please use the contact form on the website which is almost ready for the theme and content update.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this post.
johnray

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

I have moved quiet a bit of my cold storage commodities (Platinum, Gold and Silver) to raise the capital needed to get Extremecoin where it deserves to be.

A coin with a fair launch, two months worth of a 200 block reward, of which I mined like everybody else and then the drop to a 1 coin block reward, the reason being is that only dedicated supporters of EXC and others invested in Extremecoin would mine.

IMO for POW coins, mining should not be for profit but for EXC's network security, that should be a miners main priority, to help secure the coins that they already have.

This is the main reason that I find Auto-profit pools detrimental, this then makes mining just all about making profit and at the same time getting good but smaller coins stuck at high difficulty levels.

You can quote me on this:

"Extremecoin will only be profitable for the dedicated; The individuals who support it and help to secure, protect and expand its goals, in the present and for the future, as only then can we truly make a difference."

All of my focus and my efforts are going to be dedicated to Extremecoin from this point onwards.

The Extremecoin supporter forum will be online in a matter of days so we can all understand the short and long term goals of this long standing Crypto-Currency.

If anyone would like to help support this coin with services then please use the contact form on the website which is almost ready for the theme and content update.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this post.

Extremecoin had a fair launch, now this is a good move.
faraway

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:12:30 PM

Extremcoin worth a maximum support. Anyway the POS move is still a very good idea.
oneway

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:22:12 AM

One alternate that we must keep looking at. Extremecoin is effective, and more than mature.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:42:38 AM

There are lots of ideas on the whiteboard stage right now, with pros and cons with pretty much any direction code wise, we wish to head in.

The main focus for Extremecoins future goals are:

1) To increase network security.

2) Develop a wallet client for every device, giving it access to as many users as possible. (Windows popularity is decreasing)

3) Maintain the widespread global coin coverage that Extremecoin seems to have at the moment.

4) Reduce Hoarding and promote its use.

5) Getting added to payment processors. You can already buy Extremecoin with Chinese Yen on BTER.com

6) Possibly block chain integration into the desktop wallet clients.

There are lots more points and ideas but the main fact is that Extremecoin and its development is highly active, proactive in fact and will remain so for the minimum of the five year plan that most companies run from.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

*Extremecoin won the weekly vote and will be getting added to the new exchange Swisscex.com
roundmaster

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:06:48 PM

Good points, and good direction.
faraway

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

We are still a lot to like this coin, and this is a good thing.
blockjoe

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:20:52 PM

There are lots of ideas on the whiteboard stage right now, with pros and cons with pretty much any direction code wise, we wish to head in.

The main focus for Extremecoins future goals are:

1) To increase network security.

2) Develop a wallet client for every device, giving it access to as many users as possible. (Windows popularity is decreasing)

3) Maintain the widespread global coin coverage that Extremecoin seems to have at the moment.

4) Reduce Hoarding and promote its use.

5) Getting added to payment processors. You can already buy Extremecoin with Chinese Yen on BTER.com

6) Possibly block chain integration into the desktop wallet clients.

There are lots more points and ideas but the main fact is that Extremecoin and its development is highly active, proactive in fact and will remain so for the minimum of the five year plan that most companies run from.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

*Extremecoin won the weekly vote and will be getting added to the new exchange Swisscex.com

Great ideas, anyway the POS operation is a good step to be sure of proper operations.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:19:21 PM

Is there working block explorer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:26:39 PM

Is there working block explorer?

It went down a while back, it has been low on my task list as I am busy working on the client code, paying for and setting up extra dedicated nodes, the website redesign, setting up the dedicated Extremecoin support network, getting it added onto the Swisscex exchange, working on a P2Pool.

The aim is to eventually code in a block explorer directly into the client or something similar.

Do you know anyone who has the free time to put up a simple block explorer and help out?

Many thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: