Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
premanand1984

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:36:11 PM

Made $1000 mining and then sold for $4700.

$5700 - $2700 (Incl shipping = $3000 Profit. Shrug
\

Good job... Where did you find your buyer ? I need some help in selling my A3 as well. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:51:34 PM

first time ever diff is going down???
https://siamining.com/stats

Diff is supposed to go down to adjust to 10 min block time

I have no idea why hash rate would go down from 8400 to 7900. Bitmain testing batch 2?
I could make a guess that they put a lot of units online over the weekend for testing. There would be no other reason why the difficulty would keep climbing over late Saturday and all of Sunday. The last of the first batch shipments landed at peoples doors on Friday. Even if a handful were Saturday, no way that justified the levels of difficulty increase that we saw over the weekend. It was parabolic.

Well, Friday deliveries can be powered up on Sunday Smiley
eth_mining

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:56:05 PM

OK, so after reading all of the last bunch of pages..  I guess it was a good idea that I swapped the A3 I had for two S9's?
Considering that they are 980 USD now and profitability went down so drastic.

So on siamining.com it shows 1.35 SC per GH/day.   = 1100  x .04 cents = 44.01 per day.    Two S9's make about that too I guess :-)

And that profit level will drop even more.  It is however not dropping as fast as the first couple days. WOW.  I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it was going to be that quick.  

Be happy though, as long as you are higher than 20 dollars like an S9 is bringing in, you are still ahead of the game.  That is 0.7 SC per GH/Day.

Or hold onto your SC and become a millionaire when its worth more than 4 cents.

I am so glad I am out!  Learnt a lot!

Foe next 45 days S9 makes $15.00 p/d versus A3 at $50.00 per day.

lol thats what I'm trying to tell him , I have a bunch of s9s and difficulty went up a ton in jan they are making half what the made back in early jan lool

S9 might be better in the long run after the march batch of A3 is released but for now its better to have 1 A3 than two s9 lol

Can you guys show me how your A3 does $50 a day?  I will look right now and get REAL numbers as I write this post.

From siamining.com
Hash Price Report
The last block was at height 139,794. The current block reward is 160,205 SC. Based on this and on the current difficulty, miners are being paid 0.0133 SC/TH, which corresponds to about 1.15 SC/day per GH/s

1.15 * 815 = 937.25      * .04 ( Cents)   37.49  

37.49 in bitcoin at 11000 BTC = .0034 BTC per day
I am doing .0021 per day per S9 X 2 for the trade i did = .0042 BTC per day for 2  S9

YES 1 A3 makes more than 1 S9  but for how long.  That rate of decay on the 1.15 SC per GH/Day was ALOT higher only a few days before.  The rate of decay has slowed, and will dropp more when next batch is online.  In the interm of two weeks  Assumed average of 30 per day after decay rate factored in is only a mere 10 dollars per day more than the S9.   14 days X 10 dollars is 140 dollars. YES more.  But this will drop even more SOON.  It was the best decision to drop the A3. I did it soon enough there was beleife that the A3 would be performing better than it was.

If it was so good, then why all of the sudden did so many come up for sale on the local classifieds?  They are only 980 at bitmain now.

If it made 50 a day NOW, you would have an agrument.  Redo your math and see what you are really making.  YES I know SC price can go up, and it did for a bit while network hasrate looked like it leveled off, then network hashrate went back up a bit, and price fell.  This means uncertanty. It would of been ok if there was no annoucement of the batch 2 at such a low price.

Besides I made 550 dollars the couple days that I had the A3 before it was gone.  This is about 14 days at the current profitibility.
I wish you guys luck on it, I was hopeful too, I knew the risks, and the rate of drop in the profit was the key indicator to get out.  This was backed with the Batch 2 release at the 980 price.

Before you start talking in dollars, you have to realize the whole market is in the gutter right now.  You could buy 3 1080tis for the price of the A3 and be making under $20 a day.  You need to set your expectations.  Profitability on every single algorithm is cut almost in half right now.  Anyone thinking they were going to buy an A3 and make 400 bucks a day for more than a few days was living a pipe dream.  Lets also not forget that BCH has lost value since this sale, so you literally would have lost money hodling.  $30 a day in the current market is not bad.

I agree $30 is not bad.

We are the worst block time territory. I belive each miner is making 40 sc an hour. Around 950 sc a day. If hash rate stays at 8000 TB until batch 2 is online, expect to make 2000 - 2500 a day once block times come back to normal which will be a week or 2  from now I guess. Just hang in there
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:18:23 PM

I agree $30 is not bad.

We are the worst block time territory. I believe each miner is making 40 sc an hour. Around 950 sc a day. If hash rate stays at 8000 TB until batch 2 is online, expect to make 2000 - 2500 a day once block times come back to normal which will be a week or 2  from now I guess. Just hang in there

U guess but don't know and that's the frightening part in all that. I thought shitmain is going to release 2000 units 3000 max but 7500 units killed our profits totally. They just turned first batch to ROI itself and and heaters sold. Just deal with this Sad

Can you imagine why they haven't posted anything about second batch on FB or other social media? Cuz us, the unhappy customers would be screaming in there for profit and they just avoided that. There's a pile of clever shitheads in that company. Now we need to focus how to fuck them totally!

Don't ask me are me buthurt or not Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:40:19 PM

If from my understanding a3’s bought now arrive March 2018?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:54:56 PM

the new batch is presented on Bitmain.com. the A3 is now at 1059$. so god luck to ressell yours more than this lol
jeecom

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

It look like the price is now down to $980.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180129095202674bwQAJFdr06CB

Considering the difficulty rise so far, does it still make sense to buy?

https://explorer.siahub.info/mining-metrics

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:09:11 PM

It look like the price is now down to $980.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180129095202674bwQAJFdr06CB

Considering the difficulty rise so far, does it still make sense to buy?

https://explorer.siahub.info/mining-metrics

I don't think it is in any sense worth buying at this point in time for a March 2018 order....(or so I think I read)

(bad time for me to have bought 5 siacoin miners from obelisk...don't ya think? ) FML Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ThugB33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

I don't think it is in any sense worth buying at this point in time for a March 2018 order....(or so I think I read)

(bad time for me to have bought 5 siacoin miners from obelisk...don't ya think? ) FML Sad

That's even worse buthurt situation u got into.... But that's cryptouniverse ... today u happy tomorrow not ...
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:42:08 PM

I agree $30 is not bad.

We are the worst block time territory. I believe each miner is making 40 sc an hour. Around 950 sc a day. If hash rate stays at 8000 TB until batch 2 is online, expect to make 2000 - 2500 a day once block times come back to normal which will be a week or 2  from now I guess. Just hang in there

U guess but don't know and that's the frightening part in all that. I thought shitmain is going to release 2000 units 3000 max but 7500 units killed our profits totally. They just turned first batch to ROI itself and and heaters sold. Just deal with this Sad

Can you imagine why they haven't posted anything about second batch on FB or other social media? Cuz us, the unhappy customers would be screaming in there for profit and they just avoided that. There's a pile of clever shitheads in that company. Now we need to focus how to fuck them totally!

Don't ask me are me buthurt or not Cheesy
It appears that Bitchmain is cleaning house to prepare for a move. They're even selling t9's for God's sake!!They must have had them in some store room in the back and just found them. Most inefficient ASIC on the market right now. They are definitely launching all their stock.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

That's even worse buthurt situation u got into.... But that's cryptouniverse ... today u happy tomorrow not ...

Yep screwed, no dinner...no flowers..no dancing ...no romance...just slam bam...hit the road jack

I mean really, I feel so USED....

well 50% would have gone to the IRS anyway, and 25% equip deduction (compressed) into 1 year I'd pay on taxes I owe anyway...so on about

$12,690.00 I think it was ..I"m screwed out of (in real $$$...see above) actually about (again if I remember right) $3,190.00

I feel sorry for folk who did not have above 'justifications' and ONLY are getting MAYBE the 25% equip deduction off taxes owed above....

we will see, but the only hope now is if siacoin as a storage token really does add decentralized storage worldwide at a $1 to the $10 Amazon cloud storage prices

if that is so ..maybe the A3's won't matter a wit.....(hey a guy can dream.....) Smiley

ThugB33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:00 PM

Yep screwed, no dinner...no flowers..no dancing ...no romance...just slam bam...hit the road jack

I mean really, I feel so USED....

well 50% would have gone to the IRS anyway, and 25% equip deduction (compressed) into 1 year I'd pay on taxes I owe anyway...so on about

$12,690.00 I think it was ..I"m screwed out of (in real $$$...see above) actually about (again if I remember right) $3,190.00

I feel sorry for folk who did not have above 'justifications' and ONLY are getting MAYBE the 25% equip deduction off taxes owed above....

we will see, but the only hope now is if siacoin as a storage token really does add decentralized storage worldwide at a $1 to the $10 Amazon cloud storage prices

if that is so ..maybe the A3's won't matter a wit.....(hey a guy can dream.....) Smiley

My dream is also that after some time SIA will turn into number 1 storage ... but that's a long run token... I do know that I should provide my daughter a nice birthday present when she's turning 18 Smiley

Ozzy - dreamer Cheesy

rei_m

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:59:35 PM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

Haha  Cheesy...  I hope this is a joke. If not, sorry bro, I feel for you
jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:02:09 PM

The network hash rate is now down to around 6 Ph/s. Seems a combination of Bitmain unplugging units and GPU's miners switching.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:08:22 PM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

Haha  Cheesy...  I hope this is a joke. If not, sorry bro, I feel for you

at first, I thought the English was SOOOO bad, he had to be legit..but no one after getting a power cord could be that unlucky to

1) loud miner ..(like that is a surprise)

2) hot in chicken coop can't sleep there ..(really...)

3) chicken coop goes on fire (ok ....I'm off the boat)

4) wife hate me (you can't have a wife living in a chicken coop IMHO)

5) terrible enemy of man..well I'll give you that ....

All but 5) ..naw no one is that unlucky with that bad of English

Below is how he should have played this to keep this soap opera going......

he should have played this with better English and more believable

1) miner loud in apt...yeah I could buy this

2) too hot to sleep in apt ..wife is mad...ditto...can see this

3) had a small fire..meeting with apt co-op may get kicked out ....

4) wife went to mother's, got bill for small fire damages...

5) bitmain terrible enemy of man...

the above way ..then you'd have me on your bitmain hating soap opera forever!

rei_m

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:18:40 PM

The network hash rate is now down to around 6 Ph/s. Seems a combination of Bitmain unplugging units and GPU's miners switching.

Don't know hey, seems to be holding steady just under 8...

https://siamining.com/stats
rei_m

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:43 PM

Haha  Cheesy...  I hope this is a joke. If not, sorry bro, I feel for you

at first, I thought the English was SOOOO bad, he had to be legit..but no one after getting a power cord could be that unlucky to

1) loud miner ..(like that is a surprise)

2) hot in chicken coop can't sleep there ..(really...)

3) chicken coop goes on fire (ok ....I'm off the boat)

4) wife hate me (you can't have a wife living in a chicken coop IMHO)

5) terrible enemy of man..well I'll give you that ....

All but 5) ..naw no one is that unlucky with that bad of English

Below is how he should have played this to keep this soap opera going......

he should have played this with better English and more believable

1) miner loud in apt...yeah I could buy this

2) too hot to sleep in apt ..wife is mad...ditto...can see this

3) had a small fire..meeting with apt co-op may get kicked out ....

4) wife went to mother's, got bill for small fire damages...

5) bitmain terrible enemy of man...

the above way ..then you'd have me on your bitmain hating soap opera forever!

yeah, I looked at some of his other posts. None of them are as bad as this one when it comes to grammar. Not even google translate will destroy a language like this.. Smiley
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:25:12 PM

Let's hope that the hash rate doesn't spike up another 200% before batch two gets shipped out otherwise I'll never make ROI...
SIN3R6Y

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

So I have a board at 75 degrees running 30% underclocked in a subzero air environment. I am desperately seeking firmware updates!

Play around with similar clock speeds. Also make sure fans are manually set to 100%. 575mhz was getting 70C for me, but 581mhz got 55C. Something is wrong with their voltage calculations. This is also subzero for me as well.
eth_mining

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:27:58 PM

Let's hope that the hash rate doesn't spike up another 200% before batch two gets shipped out otherwise I'll never make ROI...

Why would it unless someone or bitmain is yet to turn on  their farm. Lol

Obelisk shipping theirs before batch 2 A3 Is zero chance. But they didnt sell a lot to push  this 8000 THS network for anlther 200%.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: