Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:08:09 AM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
These things are not home miners.
I have uncle who makes ideas for this. peoples who throw poop on man when he lies on dirt is worst peoples in world. uncle telling about you I think. I open support ticket to bitmain today for shipment  miner to repair. this is first attack to  bloodsuck devil bitmain. In miner box no miner. big horrible wet poop from shutefight anoos. ihave making special just for terrible hate at bitmain. you say bad person lies somehere else.
Dude....you got some serious issues. You're gonna end up in jail. What country do you live in? You're a train wreck.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moon2eth

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:25:28 AM

1.1k a day now. Goddamn when is it going to stop. It'll be 900 by tomorrow night at this rate.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:26:48 AM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
These things are not home miners.
I have uncle who makes ideas for this. peoples who throw poop on man when he lies on dirt is worst peoples in world. uncle telling about you I think. I open support ticket to bitmain today for shipment  miner to repair. this is first attack to  bloodsuck devil bitmain. In miner box no miner. big horrible wet poop from shutefight anoos. ihave making special just for terrible hate at bitmain. you say bad person lies somehere else.
Dude....you got some serious issues. You're gonna end up in jail. What country do you live in? You're a train wreck.

Yep, too many carrots in his anoos already. Some of them apparently found the way and started pressing his brain.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:51:18 AM

first time ever diff is going down???
https://siamining.com/stats
SIN3R6Y

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:00:04 AM

I think they have used the same D3 machine with a new controller to mine a different algo.

Does any one have Both A3 and D3 ? I wounder what will happen if you connect D3 hashboard with A3 controller.

Controllers and all observable software / firmware are identical. If they are the same miner the change was made at the ASIC / PIC bootloader level which will take quite a bit more work to figure out, let alone figure out how to move algos. It will likely not happen even if it is possible. This is coming from someone who has already torn their A3 apart software and hardware wise to find out.
LazyJones

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

I do electrical.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:07:30 AM

So I have a board at 75 degrees running 30% underclocked in a subzero air environment. I am desperately seeking firmware updates!

x8664amd

Activity: 129
Merit: 6

Long term HODLer since 2014

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:34:18 AM

So I have a board at 75 degrees running 30% underclocked in a subzero air environment. I am desperately seeking firmware updates!

Why are you underclocking even though you're running in a sub-zero environment? Squeeze the max out of your A3 now before difficulty sky rockets.

Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. Just HODL.
LazyJones

Activity: 62

I do electrical.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:54:20 AM

Why are you underclocking even though you're running in a sub-zero environment? Squeeze the max out of your A3 now before difficulty sky rockets.

Because running it underclocked is better than running it at 0? Chip temps on one board exceeded 100 degrees and the pcb was around 82 degrees. Auto shutoff occurred.
As much as I would like to run it into the ground, it has to actually function.
Most likely it is heatsinks not attached properly or something with airflow, as it seems board 3 is 15 degrees hotter than the other 2.

eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:57:33 AM

Diff is supposed to go down to adjust to 10 min block time

I have no idea why hash rate would go down from 8400 to 7900. Bitmain testing batch 2?
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:34 AM

OK, so after reading all of the last bunch of pages..  I guess it was a good idea that I swapped the A3 I had for two S9's?
Considering that they are 980 USD now and profitability went down so drastic.

So on siamining.com it shows 1.35 SC per GH/day.   = 1100  x .04 cents = 44.01 per day.    Two S9's make about that too I guess :-)

And that profit level will drop even more.  It is however not dropping as fast as the first couple days. WOW.  I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it was going to be that quick.  

Be happy though, as long as you are higher than 20 dollars like an S9 is bringing in, you are still ahead of the game.  That is 0.7 SC per GH/Day.

Or hold onto your SC and become a millionaire when its worth more than 4 cents.

I am so glad I am out!  Learnt a lot!

Foe next 45 days S9 makes $15.00 p/d versus A3 at $50.00 per day.

lol thats what I'm trying to tell him , I have a bunch of s9s and difficulty went up a ton in jan they are making half what the made back in early jan lool

S9 might be better in the long run after the march batch of A3 is released but for now its better to have 1 A3 than two s9 lol

Can you guys show me how your A3 does $50 a day?  I will look right now and get REAL numbers as I write this post.

From siamining.com
Hash Price Report
The last block was at height 139,794. The current block reward is 160,205 SC. Based on this and on the current difficulty, miners are being paid 0.0133 SC/TH, which corresponds to about 1.15 SC/day per GH/s

1.15 * 815 = 937.25      * .04 ( Cents)   37.49  

37.49 in bitcoin at 11000 BTC = .0034 BTC per day
I am doing .0021 per day per S9 X 2 for the trade i did = .0042 BTC per day for 2  S9

YES 1 A3 makes more than 1 S9  but for how long.  That rate of decay on the 1.15 SC per GH/Day was ALOT higher only a few days before.  The rate of decay has slowed, and will dropp more when next batch is online.  In the interm of two weeks  Assumed average of 30 per day after decay rate factored in is only a mere 10 dollars per day more than the S9.   14 days X 10 dollars is 140 dollars. YES more.  But this will drop even more SOON.  It was the best decision to drop the A3. I did it soon enough there was beleife that the A3 would be performing better than it was.

If it was so good, then why all of the sudden did so many come up for sale on the local classifieds?  They are only 980 at bitmain now.

If it made 50 a day NOW, you would have an agrument.  Redo your math and see what you are really making.  YES I know SC price can go up, and it did for a bit while network hasrate looked like it leveled off, then network hashrate went back up a bit, and price fell.  This means uncertanty. It would of been ok if there was no annoucement of the batch 2 at such a low price.

Besides I made 550 dollars the couple days that I had the A3 before it was gone.  This is about 14 days at the current profitibility.
I wish you guys luck on it, I was hopeful too, I knew the risks, and the rate of drop in the profit was the key indicator to get out.  This was backed with the Batch 2 release at the 980 price.
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Because running it underclocked is better than running it at 0? Chip temps on one board exceeded 100 degrees and the pcb was around 82 degrees. Auto shutoff occurred.
As much as I would like to run it into the ground, it has to actually function.
Most likely it is heatsinks not attached properly or something with airflow, as it seems board 3 is 15 degrees hotter than the other 2.

this guy also has the same issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpPPaxuMYio
ASIC Miners

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:01:09 AM

I actually think it's doing pretty well. Not looking at present value, hoping on mining and hodling the coins at the moment.
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

What is current profitability for A3/24h? 40 usd? This will be ever worst situation than D3, only small number of miners which get A3 7 days ago will ROI fast.
phuocduong

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:38:09 PM

mainboard easy die, i have 2 x A3, but after 3 day, one A3 die, very sad
shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:01:08 PM

I actually think it's doing pretty well. Not looking at present value, hoping on mining and hodling the coins at the moment.
why you says this hodling? in my home this means such sickness act. if you has touching with pig peenis you hodling.
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:25:19 PM

why you says this hodling? in my home this means such sickness act. if you has touching with pig peenis you hodling.

such a troll Cheesy lol
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:57:40 PM

I have no idea why hash rate would go down from 8400 to 7900. Bitmain testing batch 2?
I could make a guess that they put a lot of units online over the weekend for testing. There would be no other reason why the difficulty would keep climbing over late Saturday and all of Sunday. The last of the first batch shipments landed at peoples doors on Friday. Even if a handful were Saturday, no way that justified the levels of difficulty increase that we saw over the weekend. It was parabolic.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

I could make a guess that they put a lot of units online over the weekend for testing. There would be no other reason why the difficulty would keep climbing over late Saturday and all of Sunday. The last of the first batch shipments landed at peoples doors on Friday. Even if a handful were Saturday, no way that justified the levels of difficulty increase that we saw over the weekend. It was parabolic.
That does sound like a reasonable explanation... We're below 1000 Sia a day now... When I started it last Wednesday we were at ~4k/day. Fortunately I just gambled on a single A3 for fun ;-)

edit:
All this just makes me love my Baikal Giant more... Cheap, low power and multi-algo!
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:30:02 PM

Made $1000 mining and then sold for $4700.

$5700 - $2700 (Incl shipping = $3000 Profit. Shrug
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:06:48 PM
Merited by mousehouse (1)

OK, so after reading all of the last bunch of pages..  I guess it was a good idea that I swapped the A3 I had for two S9's?
Considering that they are 980 USD now and profitability went down so drastic.

So on siamining.com it shows 1.35 SC per GH/day.   = 1100  x .04 cents = 44.01 per day.    Two S9's make about that too I guess :-)

And that profit level will drop even more.  It is however not dropping as fast as the first couple days. WOW.  I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it was going to be that quick.  

Be happy though, as long as you are higher than 20 dollars like an S9 is bringing in, you are still ahead of the game.  That is 0.7 SC per GH/Day.

Or hold onto your SC and become a millionaire when its worth more than 4 cents.

I am so glad I am out!  Learnt a lot!

Foe next 45 days S9 makes $15.00 p/d versus A3 at $50.00 per day.

lol thats what I'm trying to tell him , I have a bunch of s9s and difficulty went up a ton in jan they are making half what the made back in early jan lool

S9 might be better in the long run after the march batch of A3 is released but for now its better to have 1 A3 than two s9 lol

Can you guys show me how your A3 does $50 a day?  I will look right now and get REAL numbers as I write this post.

From siamining.com
Hash Price Report
The last block was at height 139,794. The current block reward is 160,205 SC. Based on this and on the current difficulty, miners are being paid 0.0133 SC/TH, which corresponds to about 1.15 SC/day per GH/s

1.15 * 815 = 937.25      * .04 ( Cents)   37.49  

37.49 in bitcoin at 11000 BTC = .0034 BTC per day
I am doing .0021 per day per S9 X 2 for the trade i did = .0042 BTC per day for 2  S9

YES 1 A3 makes more than 1 S9  but for how long.  That rate of decay on the 1.15 SC per GH/Day was ALOT higher only a few days before.  The rate of decay has slowed, and will dropp more when next batch is online.  In the interm of two weeks  Assumed average of 30 per day after decay rate factored in is only a mere 10 dollars per day more than the S9.   14 days X 10 dollars is 140 dollars. YES more.  But this will drop even more SOON.  It was the best decision to drop the A3. I did it soon enough there was beleife that the A3 would be performing better than it was.

If it was so good, then why all of the sudden did so many come up for sale on the local classifieds?  They are only 980 at bitmain now.

If it made 50 a day NOW, you would have an agrument.  Redo your math and see what you are really making.  YES I know SC price can go up, and it did for a bit while network hasrate looked like it leveled off, then network hashrate went back up a bit, and price fell.  This means uncertanty. It would of been ok if there was no annoucement of the batch 2 at such a low price.

Besides I made 550 dollars the couple days that I had the A3 before it was gone.  This is about 14 days at the current profitibility.
I wish you guys luck on it, I was hopeful too, I knew the risks, and the rate of drop in the profit was the key indicator to get out.  This was backed with the Batch 2 release at the 980 price.

Before you start talking in dollars, you have to realize the whole market is in the gutter right now.  You could buy 3 1080tis for the price of the A3 and be making under $20 a day.  You need to set your expectations.  Profitability on every single algorithm is cut almost in half right now.  Anyone thinking they were going to buy an A3 and make 400 bucks a day for more than a few days was living a pipe dream.  Lets also not forget that BCH has lost value since this sale, so you literally would have lost money hodling.  $30 a day in the current market is not bad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: