Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:15:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really secure  (Read 3095 times)
Oper92

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:27:32 PM

Bitcoin is "secure" until P!=NP.
if someone one day finds out that P is equal to NP, then bitcoin will not be safe anymore.
But if this happends also everything that atm is considered secure will not be anymore (e.g. homebanking).
Apart from that, Bitcoin is not just cryptography.
There are many companies that allow users to purchase sell and manage bitcoins, if their servers are not secure, then also bitcoins that they manage are not secure and can be stealed.
Moreover, Social Engineering is always there, waiting for you to make a mistake.
So, Bitcoin is secure? In my opinion, the answer is no. Nothing is secure because humans are weak, easy to control, and most of the time: Stupid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:46:47 PM

Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

As of security, I think, NOTHING is safe now.
Safer? Yes, it is safer than others, however, as to hackers, time will come they will find a way to do something that will make btc vulnerable.

Bitcoin network is secure, but if you are trying to ask if the bitcoin that we are storing in our web wallets or in a hardware is safe, then I would say that it is not. It could be hack by someone who is skilled on hacking, web wallets are more vulnerable than hardware wallets, so the chance of getting your bitcoin hack when you are using web wallets is higher than if you are using hardware wallet.

Hardware wallet is an offline wallet that is why the hackers lose interest on hacking such wallets, their targets mostly are those online wallets, so be careful and set some 2FA security.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:18:24 PM

I think Bitcoin has a strong security, a common weakness is due to user error.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is secure but the problem is in the user there are so many ways how to store btc i think it depends on the user .Bitcoin is really safe and secure because untill now it really exist,if bitcoin is not secure maybe bitcoin popularity is not growing as fast as today because the trust of all people maybe lost.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:48:46 PM

Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

You can bet it is. Just ask yourselves this, if bitcoin is not secure, would it last for years since the year 2009? I don't think so, right? The thing that makes people drawn more to bitcoin is the fact that it is secure and cannot just be shutdown because of the fact that a lot of people have invested in it.
Bitcoin id an old currency now there is no doubt in it because it is said to be the first currency, people have faith in bitcoin that the bitcoin growth will never stop and it is hard to make bitcoin zero once again so it is main reason for investing in bitcoin, bitcoin is secure one can invest in bitcoin without any fear of lose as price of bitcoin use to increase time to time, bitcoin has a lot of wallets that makes it more secure to hold for long time period.
shkrz

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:58:46 PM

Let's say, possibility to brute force sha-256 private key associated with public key always exists. Another question is percent of successful attacks, even having in mind Moore's law.
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:03 PM

Nothing is completely safe in this world, so bitcoin is not 100%.
But if you take some basic precaution, you can have a more that acceptable level of security.
I mean, a home is relatively safe (not 100%, of course), but if you forgot your keys in the door...
I know that most new investors entering the crytocurrency market are buying into bitcoin. Bitcoin creates a great deal of trust in the market because it is the first coin to be created and formed into the current cryptocurrency market. Despite the huge fluctuations in the past few years, bitcoin is still being bought by investors because of the great value that it offers.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:50 PM

Definetely yes , Bitcoin really secure, imagine when and how it all started? If we based it from the start we can find really the answer. Other way is that, as long as you know how to keep your accounts and passwords which is very important, it is also secure coz you are the one who do transactions or the process. Best thing to do is to follow up or check it always to avoid hesitations on your mind if it is secure or not.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:51:12 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 10:58:30 AM by fanbeila

BTCitcoin is more secure than most existing financial services, including legacy banking platforms like SWIFT, which has been compromised repeatedly by hackers.
Bitcoin is more secure than current currencies as they suffer from deflation and bitcoin not.. Also bitcoin could not be devalued by any of the governments.But we should take care to save our private keys safely and should not store our bitcoins in exchanges any time.Also we should not save our private keys in clipboards as it might get hacked by clipboard hackers.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:25:15 AM

Bitcoin will always be secure than any other financial services that we have around the world. And so, we should know where to keep our bitcoin to make it secure and safe all the time so that it will not be stolen. We should always keep our password and private key safe, do not share it to anybody else.
rfouziha

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:41:27 AM

As now we aware that cryptocurrency is going to be the world's digital currency and believe that there is no option left to the people of the world where the security of the bitcoin coin except the lousy bitcoin coin wallets mishandling. Bitcoin is the safest currency where people get from bitcoin appreciation to their investor where they never look any disappointment.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:51:35 AM

Bitcoin does provide a great advantage if we can use it, One of them with investment, today is the right moment to invest there because the price is getting down. Maybe you want to try it?
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:42:46 AM

if you say so then nothing safe is all risky even when walking you have a risk of tripping over a rock if it does not go right, so yes all things in this world have the risk stop thinking is not to meet risk risk always there so learn how to manage risk instead of avoiding it.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:54:08 AM

My answer i a big NO because any people like hackers can hacked your account so be careful always use wallet like coinbase but here in my country coin.ph is the best and secured wallet i can say that no one an hack your bitcoinif you use a good wallet like that.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:56:00 AM

i perfectly believe that bitcoin is secured because even if this is not totally anonymous,we have the full and only access to our funds,so no question about the security of the coin itself,same as all the cryptocurrencies..the only problem is our wallets if how we providing safety and security measures on this one,because this is hackable and since this is virtual worlds,so many computer experts thats only waiting for you wrong move before they can access to you funds and take ir without your notice,so better always do some precautionary actions to prevent this to happen
werpak321

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:57:42 AM

Bitcoin is very much secure doe me because many rich and billionaire people are already invested a big amount of money and believe bitcoin
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:01:20 AM

If you take normal precautions, bitcoin - as currency - is very secure.
As an asset, as you can see in these days, has a so high volatility that you need a very high level of self control to not enter in panic.
The best way I found to remain cold is to think about bitcoin as just some "points" in a videogame.
If I thought at them as money...well, it's very tragic Sad

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

yes of course btc is really secure.It is secure but risky.it is increasing day by day.and I hope that it will increasing also future. that's why I think it is secure but little bit risky.
Everything on this planet is risky. Everything that have much potential to give you something. This is important for every other person to look into this matter and secure their living. Securing themselves with the financial amounts right now and having a good life ahead. Opportunities come lesser, so time is short. Get maximum benefit of what is good for you. Try harder and secure your living.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:25:24 PM

It depends form what point of view. Bitcoin as a store of value is very unstable, and in any moment it can lose any value, as we see in these days.
But, of course, it can grow very much too, so there is a compensation.
As for safety from hacker, nothing is secure 100%, but if you take care of your computer and of your private key, it will be extremely difficult to steal you the money.

ezbreezy08

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:53:06 PM

There are people they will say no. But some people will say Yes. If you believe bitcoin will change everything especiallt the problem of monetary system then be with it. Bitcoin is really secure and it can change our lifestyle.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:57:49 PM

In order for the hacker to hack bitcoin, they must hack all miners in the whole world at once. So that is impossible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: