Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin saving is not safe  (Read 861 times)
kcirnhoj15

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:20:54 PM

Maybe, I just experienced this through my bitcoin wallet - if bitcoin price will rises up my bitcoin value at my wallet will also increase too but it bitcoin will decrease its value my bitcoin will decrease too. If bitcoins goes to zero, I don't think so if my bitcoin wallet will become zero too. Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:27:44 PM

Putting all your savings in Bitcoin is definitely super risky since its state is uncertain especially with the issues it is dealing with right now and the possibility of other coins catching up because of it.

Definitely because you are talking about putting ALL of your savings, it is indeed risky.  I have a quite good savings of bitcoin in my wallet.  And I feel that it is safe considering that it is connected in my phone so everytime I will login, it will alarmed my cellphone.  So it depends actually on safeness that you are talking about.
ThorWin

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

Of course, bitcoin savings will not be safe, bitcoin prices fluctuate daily by market, you save bitcoin if the price drops you will lose a lot of money from the price difference. I think you should save cash is safer, less risky. At present bitcoin prices are falling. Wish you have made the wise decision.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:30:31 PM

I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There's really a risk, that is why you should first educate yourself first how to protect your bitcoin from being stolen, and about the price bitcoin never drop to 50% of its value whenever there's a crash the value  always regain and correct itself

ICOTREND

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:42:01 PM

Bitcoin investment is the same to invest to gold,dollar or stock. However, the crypto currency market is a new investment trend and of course if you catch it up then the opportunity to earn a lot of money. Of course, when the market go down, saturated as stock market, then there are huge risks. Everyone known that whatever the high profitable market included high risk.
 If you would like to invest in bitcoin, you must be consider and think of it carefully.
TeamUp

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:52:23 PM

bitcoin still considered an unsecured investment, one of the reason why our government reluctant to support cryptocurrencies. Even thou bitcoin itself is safe from hacker, we cant denied that possibility exist that one day bitcoin will be gone like bubble because it live in digital world and we dont have hard copy of our investment.

kunalqwe

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

hacking of bitcoin is very very difficult and price fluctuation is the another matte.r you can experience price fluctuation in mostly all types of investment for example you purchased gold and you don't know gold price will rise or fall so you have to take some risk to earn profit.
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

I agree that saving bitcoins is a bit risky because of the hackers nowadays. I am still looking for the best option to save my bitcoins
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:02:50 PM

I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For now saving on btc is a bit risky. Trade your money on btc is much better than saving on it. If you want a long term saving mutual fund is much better.
Trading  on btc for now it's okay because of the huge fluctuation of price.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:06:24 PM

lol, this is such a risky for those newbie like you, and dont know how bitcoin really works. "possibility being hacked is so high" stock exchange already hacked before while bitcoin is not, so how could you say that bitcoin could possibly get hack? bitcoin reached its price because of some bitcoin believers and not a negative minded like you. investing in bitcoin is very safe and reliable.
764y111

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:11:01 PM

In my opinion, every investment is risky, but as a poor person, I take the risk to make money quickly.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:12:13 PM

bitcoin itself can be scam for people. and it can make people think "im not believe on bitcoin"
all depend on how good you are think about bitcoin, what strategy you play here, how good you are know about crypto, and the other think that can make bitcoin safe or not

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:18:13 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 12:10:05 PM by cryptotsunami

This proves that you don't do your own research before posting it here. I will give all my bitcoin if you can hack one of my wallet address. All you read about hacking is not the fault of bitcoin network but the negligence of trading platform and even single people who didn't research how to secure his/her wallet.
sopromat

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:39:42 PM

Your btc being hacked is near to impossible. I agree with the fluctuation of the price.  Fluctuation is normal in the market it makes profits anyway for the traders.
Without price fluctuation there will be a shorted of supply of btc because everyone will hold it.

No, of course not. It is not impossible... If you have all of them on a desktop wallet without having your wallet.dat encrypted, you can easily be hacked if you have a rat on your computer.
It is not impossible.. that is why a lot of people have always said that having a hardware wallet is the most secure thing that you can do.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:34:42 AM

If you can safely protect your wallet and computer, then I'm sure your bitcoin will be safe, bitcoin prices are unstable should investors already know that from the beginning, so if all of them are well understood, I think it will be fine and no need to worry about your investment in bitcoin.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

I would rather invest in cryptocurrency than in gold or other precious metals. With bitcoins, I don't have to follow any regulations or I don't have to be under any kind of government. I hold my own bitcoins. Regarding the possibility of hacking, you just have to be extra careful when dealing with your bitcoins.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:56:12 AM

Yeah it's true, saving bitcoin isn't 100% safe. But still, we can prevent those bad things to happen.
Like for example hacking, we shouldn't let people know our password or private key easily, don't visit weird websites, don't trust people easily and such.
We also need to keep update with everything, so when something smells fishy and we think something might happen, we should exchange all our btc to money instead.
Well i think saving bitcoin is just like gambling we can gain or maybe loose in holding it because its price is really unstable but it is really depend on our own decision because if we want to make a profit we really need to overcome our fears because if we dont overcome our fear we cannot really gain a huge amount in a verry short time.
parassinghal

Activity: 210

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:01:47 AM

Yes you are right that saving bitcoin is having a lot of risk compare to other investments but think those who had hold the bitcoin from the time when it was of less than 200$ till now,they become millionaire. So i will suggest you to save altleast few bitcoins for future.

Zenifir

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:08:57 AM

There's a lot ways to secure your wallet for example is you can save your key offline and there is a lot of counter measure you can do to keep it safe, and the fluctuation is normal and sometimes the value of bitcoin can double it's value from its previous highest value so please don't spread panic or misinformation
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

Yeah it's true, saving bitcoin isn't 100% safe. But still, we can prevent those bad things to happen.
Like for example hacking, we shouldn't let people know our password or private key easily, don't visit weird websites, don't trust people easily and such.
We also need to keep update with everything, so when something smells fishy and we think something might happen, we should exchange all our btc to money instead.
Well i think saving bitcoin is just like gambling we can gain or maybe loose in holding it because its price is really unstable but it is really depend on our own decision because if we want to make a profit we really need to overcome our fears because if we dont overcome our fear we cannot really gain a huge amount in a verry short time.
I agree on that bitcoin is not really safe but it is also profitable and if we  are going to overcome our fear we can really gain a huge amount because the profit from bitcoin saving is really amazing and we can really be more  profitable in the near future if we are going to overcome our fear i think we dont have to be afraid of loosing because it is a part of our life.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄