Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin saving is not safe  (Read 861 times)
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:55:46 AM

We need to secure out btc using hardware wallet but of course we need to pay for it
 If you dont want to spend for the hardware wallet, the surest thing to do to protect your btc savings is of course by not divulging your private key whether publicly or secretly to somebody even to your trusted friend or family members. Be always discreet with matters regarding your cryptos.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:01:59 PM

Depending to everyone that bitcoin savings is not safe it’s depends to you own how you handle it for to safety keep your bitcoin worthy
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:13:01 PM

I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hi,

You are taking the example of dollars and I am glad you did. Do you realize that dollar is actually worth nothing?
This fiat currency is not even worth the paper on which it is printed. But through the game of diplomacy and geopolitics, it stands because everybody knows that the US is the most powerful country in the world!

Is it?

Today, most fiat currencies have their value relying on... absolutely nothing except trading platforms. It isn't good for society but it works like that.

Is bitcoin riskier? Yes, because the community of users is smaller. Is it less valuable? I am not so sure...

nill714

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Nobody can not hack your wallet until you give him or import key any phissing site.So its impossible to hack bitcoin wallet but you need to always alert to avoid spam or phissing link.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:18:16 PM

In the mid 2000s many banks which seemed endowed with ruined. People lost their savings in Fiat. The global economic crisis is not yet over. We have exactly the same risk. So I'm not sure that the investment in the Fiat is more safe. But for me the main quality of cryptocurrency is the ability to get free from the oligarchic economy. So I think investing in cryptocurrency more promising.
Dapper

Merit: 260

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:24:50 PM

The main reason it's not safe is that no one knows its future.   It could be the next Alta Vista.   And I'm definitely not a FUD type, as btc has made me quite a bit of profit.   But to step back and look at it risk wise, if it were a choice between putting x,, in btc vs. x,, in gold bars in my safety deposit box, I choose gold.   That said, I do hold both, but understand that my btc holds are far more risky.
Although no one know about the future and about the price of bitcoin that what will happen to it in future but still if we study about bitcoin i think still most of the investors and even the experts are too much confident about bitcoin price and its future because in future people are expecting that crypto currency will take the place of fiat currency and that is the reason we can expect that bitcoin will be more safe and reliable investment for future.

I realize that English is probably not your first language, and you certainly have the right to your opinion, but the argument that people expect it will take the place of fiat is the reason why we can expect bitcoin will be more safe and reliable for the future is, in my opinion NOT a reason at all, simply for the fact that we don't know if it will be btc that will replace fiat.    

sent from my X6
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:28:16 PM

It's risky and not advisable to those who can't wait because bitcoin's value gets higher over time and all you have to do is to wait for its value to go up and if you can't wait and you will just sell it if the price drops not knowing that it will go higher then it is indeed risky and a loss for you.

anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:33:18 PM

Nobody can not hack your wallet until you give him or import key any phissing site.So its impossible to hack bitcoin wallet but you need to always alert to avoid spam or phissing link.
Maybe he's lying, and saying this to get his popularity.
how bitcoin can disappear in a few seconds, unless you give the key.
if OP is a trader then I understand he lost because he made a mistake. nothing to worry about this statement.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:42:38 PM

I do not think you are completely right, but everyone has their own opinion.
Yes, it is risky. Like any other investment and trading with any currency. Smiley

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:45:24 PM

The volatility is indeed a problem and now there has been a huge correction to the price of bitcoin and with the hackers getting access to your accounts is totally dependent on how secure your wallet really is. Not advisable to store your bitcoins in an exchange which are always prone to attacks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Dapper

Merit: 260

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:47:01 PM

Btc trading is a great way to increase one's liquid capital, but for long term storage, one should really diversify.   Just like making money trading particular stocks, when you take profits, you don't typically use the profits to buy more of the same stock.   

sent from my X6
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:48:42 PM

Bitcoin saving is a personal choice. The risk in cryptocurrency is always high since prices are highly volatile but by looking at bitcoin's history and increasing community you could see a great potential in investment which could multiply faster than any business could offer. When it comes protecting your bitcoins, its a matter of discipline. Nobody can get your seeds as long you keep them to yourself alone and avoiding these phishing sites and links.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:54:34 PM

I think it is saving bitcoin very risky because the nature of her has always turned and money digital vulnerable by the hackers, then the security if saving in bitcoin can not in guarantee very safe, my advice as her don’t saving all the money in bitcoin
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:57:12 PM

Why it is so risky. Every wallet has instructions on activate steps required to keep your wallets secured. Ignoring and lack of knowledge on this would surely lead to hacking. Its the indivitual responsibility to look after your wallet saftely handled. At times the URL of the wallet you enter in address bar does matter. Double check the URL you enter. The respective URL should begin with https//.

Make sure you be proactive to set and check all these security steps to avoid what so ever. Never complaint or promote negative vibration on holding back bitcoin or any other altcoins in wallets.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:03:52 PM

The only thing that will make bitcoin saving not safe is when you don't know how to manage your account or bitcoin wallet. Saving bitcoin maybe just easy as what you think but the management of your account needs a lot of attention because that will serve as your foundation in having some comfort that your bitcoin are well placed and secured.
RicardoRicky

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:06:23 PM

sorry, it seems your statement is very far from reality in bitcoin track record for 9 years, precisely what you are worried about it very rarely, except with carelessness. if it's about fluctuations in bitcoin I think it's normal. for security I think assured.
highperspective

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Yes, like some other people wrote, the risk of being hacked is not very high if you keep your bitcoins safe. If you keep them in cold-storage, I would be willing to say that it is almost safer than keeping USD in a bank. Or if you keep it a place like Coinbase who is insuring your funds. They keep less than 2% of customers funds online.
In regards to fluctuations, yes you are right. Bitcoin is more volatile that usd or event stocks. But I would still keep some percentage of my money in BTC at all times. This can also be seen as a hedge agains the inflation in dollars.
greenclub09

Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

I will say, bitcoin investing is very high risks, so since the day we accept to use cryptocurrency investment we have to accept that, Secondly, bitcoin can not be hacked because the system of blockchain is extremely high security so there are no hack about bitcoin recently, but hackers can hack the exchanges where we transfer to, because the exchanges don't use the security methods like bitcoin.

RicardoRicky

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:15:21 PM

The only thing that will make bitcoin saving not safe is when you don't know how to manage your account or bitcoin wallet. Saving bitcoin maybe just easy as what you think but the management of your account needs a lot of attention because that will serve as your foundation in having some comfort that your bitcoin are well placed and secured.

I agree with you, the thing that can get people out of their jobs because of a mistake in maintenance and maintenance management, either because they do not know, or neglect. every wallet needs a good and high management. as expensive as the price of an item if not good at managing it, it will quickly be damaged and extinct. but although cheap but good management it will look special.
adiksau0414

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:17:20 PM

Possible, but we all know that if we engage in this kind of investment is a risk. Every movement of cryptos in the market is not stable, that is why people is having the feeling of excitement in each trade. We never know if your cryptos will go pump or drop its value. Its just the same to gold and dollars, not stable but yes, its really have value that we can keep (tangible). As to bitcoin and other cryptos, its online transaction that the possibility of account hacking (like what happen to my MEW)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: