Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.1 BIG, STRONG, and FRIENDLY  (Read 121076 times)
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:26:59 AM

I'm now running a wallet with 0 COL in them.  My wallet with a couple billion COL is offline. 

I don't really know how to ask this next question.  At what point will it become feasible to mine again?   In other words, how many more COL need to be outside of wallets or transferred to help?

Would adding hash power to mining POW help the situation, or just be a complete waste of time?

Is there a way to "disconnect" the network from those with such huge wallets that are POS mining to help the situation?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:54:10 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 05:18:58 AM by swiftshoot

Very little point solo mining.

1. There are too many transactions in peoples wallets trying to POS.
2. POS is getting priority
3. I asked people to move around funds or use new wallets with 0 balance to free the network
4. Could be the exchange with large number of POS also, may need a secondary fund.
5. Without people moving coins the total pos blocks just keep building, making pow mining impossible.

Another way to reduce the POS is to Send the whole amount to your own wallet.  This will group up all the coins into 1 address and you will only have 1 POS to mine.  Instead of the 1000s of individual POS there.  You will have to pay the TXFee but trust me, the Reward is better.

Additionally, if you can't sell your full amount via the QT send transaction, goto the console window and type in the full amount there.  
the command is
sendtoaddress <ColossusCoinaddress> <fullamount> [comment] [comment-to] [tx-comment]

You may get an error to pay TXFees so subtract those out and try again.

One question I have is: who actually mines the POS?  Is it the QT Wallet?  IF so, any reason why it is doing it at difficulty 502 instead of the lowest?

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:21:08 AM

Whaaat ? Solo mining is pointless ? Im kinda shocked to hear you say that, muddafudda.

I have started a new wallet and downloaded the blockchain for a third time. Im still getting the same difficulty error.

I will send some coins to the new wallet and hope for the best. Grin

update..

Just sent 900 COL and it already has 24 confirms. So why the hell cant I solo mine !?? Huh
+
qwep
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:23:14 AM

So why not produce a solo Sad
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:53:03 AM

POS Blocks override POW blocks... so until all wallets (thousands of them currently opened) who has POS blocks to be mined are mined, POW must wait for POS to complete.  Therefore, to help speed up POS, goto HELP > DEBUG WINDOW > Click CONSOLE tab, then type

sendtoaddress <ColossusCoinaddress> <amount> [comment] [comment-to] [tx-comment]

and send to your own wallet address with the FULL amount in your wallet.

This will stop the thousands of POS blocks waiting to be mined.  POS Blocks are CPU mined blocks and will take a very long time.

to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
qwep
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:50:04 AM

Guys throw off at least 1 coin
xTDqChLwDWmwjqad6FGaFhiHu2N3i2P8x
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:47:36 AM

POS Blocks override POW blocks... so until all wallets (thousands of them currently opened) who has POS blocks to be mined are mined, POW must wait for POS to complete.  Therefore, to help speed up POS, goto HELP > DEBUG WINDOW > Click CONSOLE tab, then type

sendtoaddress <ColossusCoinaddress> <amount> [comment] [comment-to] [tx-comment]

This will stop the thousands of POS blocks waiting to be mined.  POS Blocks are CPU mined blocks and will take a very long time.

Thank you
qwep
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:18:06 AM

Thank you

13:05:49

sendtoaddress <xTDqChLwDWmwjqad6FGaFhiHu2N3i2P8x> <199.801> [comment] [comment-to] [tx-comment]

Error: Error parsing JSON:<199.801>

what am I doing wrong
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:20:00 AM

Thank you

sendtoaddress xTDqChLwDWmwjqad6FGaFhiHu2N3i2P8x 199.801

what am I doing wrong

Try this.
qwep
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:31:55 AM

POS Blocks override POW blocks... so until all wallets (thousands of them currently opened) who has POS blocks to be mined are mined, POW must wait for POS to complete.  Therefore, to help speed up POS, goto HELP > DEBUG WINDOW > Click CONSOLE tab, then type

This will stop the thousands of POS blocks waiting to be mined.  POS Blocks are CPU mined blocks and will take a very long time.

Thank you

what am I doing wrong

Try this.
did everything posted, received, but also as here

exnom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:47:14 AM

This coin need pools, Cryptominer is down and Botpool is fuckstuck at 128,638.13% on block 121551

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:30:53 PM

This coin need pools, Cryptominer is down and Botpool is fuckstuck at 128,638.13% on block 121551
Pools are down cause the POS is stuck.  People need to follow the above instructions to transfer all coins to yourself to help unstuck the coin.  The quicker we do this, the quicker the pools opens up.

Thanks for your help guys.

btc:
ltc:
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 01:05:49 PM

Error: Wallet unlocked for block minting only, unable to create transaction. (code -4) Huh

myweblife

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mycoin.bitbank.com

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

Pools are down cause the POS is stuck.  People need to follow the above instructions to transfer all coins to yourself to help unstuck the coin.  The quicker we do this, the quicker the pools opens up.

Error: Transaction creation failed (code -4)

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██▀▀ █▀█████████████▄
     ▄██▄█▄    ▐██▄███████▀  ▀█▄
   ▄█▀    █  ▄█▀██   ▀          █▄
  ██  ▐█  ███████                ██
 ██       ▐█████                  ██
▐█      ███████   █▄            ▄█░█▌
██▄  ▄▄███████▀         ▄       ▐████
████▄▄▐█▀█████         ▄██ ▄█▄ ██████
▐██████    ▀███▄█     ▄██████▄▐ ▀█▀█▌
 ██████      █████    ███████████▀▐█
  ██████   ▄██████   █▄████████▀  █
   █████  ▄████████▄███████████░▄█
    ▀███ ███████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
━ EXTREMELY
RESOURCE FRIENDLY

▄██▄
      ██████
     ████████
    ▐████████▌
    ███▀  ▀███
    ███▄  ▄███
    ██████████
    ▐████████▌
     ████████
    ▄████████▄
  ▄████████████▄
 ████████████████
 ▐█▀ ▀██████▀ ▀█▌
      ▄    ▄
      █    █
      ▀█▄▄█▀
        ▀▀
LIGTHNING
FAST

▄█▄
▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄       ██
██  ████████████▀   ▄██  ██
██  ██████████▀   ▄██▀   ██
██  ████████▀   ▄██▀     ██
██  ██████▀   ▄██▀  ▄██  ██
▐█▌ ▐███▀   ▄██▀  ▄███▀ ▐█▌
 ██  ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▄████▌  ██
  ██    ▄██▀  ▄█████▀  ██
   ██▄  ▀▀  ▄█████▀  ▄██
    ▀██▄   █████▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀▀   ▄██▀
        ▀▀██▄▄▄██▀▀
            ▀▀▀ 
STEALTH
ANONYMOUS
     ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄███████████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀               ▀█████▄
▐████▀                   ▀████▌
▐████   ▐██████████████▄▄▄███████▄▄
▐████   ▐███████████████████████████▄
▐████   ▐██████▀                ▀█████▄
▐████   ▐█████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▌
▐████   ▐█████▄▄▄██████████████▄   ████▌
▐████    █████████████▀   ██████   ████▌
 █████▄                  ▄██████   ████▌
  ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████   ████▌
    ▀███████████████████████████   ████▌
       ▀▀████▌   ▀████████████▀    ████▌
          ████▄                  ▄█████
           ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
             ▀█████████████████████▀
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ColossusCoinXT
     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Join the COLX community on:
TwitterFacebookTelegram
DiscordReddit Bitcointalk
investment&deposit your BTC on bitbankmining BTC on
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:51:19 AM

Error: Transaction creation failed (code -4)

Backup your whole folder where the .dats are.  You will need to redownload the blockchain.  You can confirm this with checkwallet command.  You will get a error.  You may have lost some coins.  so back up everything for Colossuscoin before proceeding.

btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:56:51 AM

Error: Wallet unlocked for block minting only, unable to create transaction. (code -4) Huh
You will need to issue the following commands:

walletpassphrase yourpasswordishere 600

wait for response from console

sendtoaddress COLADDRESSTOSENDTO129s89ah 999999999

wait for response from console

walletlock

Code:
  walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout>
  Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for <timeout> seconds.

walletlock
  Removes the wallet encryption key from memory, locking the wallet.
  After calling this method, you will need to call walletpassphrase again
  before being able to call any methods which require the wallet to be unlocked.

btc:
ltc:
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 02:14:32 AM

Thx swiftshoot. Smiley My PoS is now DEAD. Grin

Turns out, all I needed to do was not use the 'true' flag at the end of my walletpassphrase command.

Solo is still a no go..

swiftshoot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:29:34 AM

Solo is still a no go..
Now we need the other few thousand people who has COL Wallets opened to do the same thing...
COL POOL Operators, Please point your users to the thread here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279601.msg3275559#msg3275559

We need all COL Wallet users and online wallets to perform this task.

Muddafudda, is there a way to put the warning into COL Wallet at the bottom?
"Goto COL Bitcointalk Forum to have your wallet fixed to start mining again"

btc:
ltc:
paymetodostuff

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:35:52 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 02:49:41 AM by paymetodostuff

If the PoS block generation is the problem, then why even have that feature on this coin?
Even if everyone moves their coins to temporarily stop the PoS issue, once solo mining starts up the problem will only end up showing up again after a few weeks have passed, and we'll all be in this exact same spot once again. Don't get me wrong here, I currently hold a significant amount of this coin and really would like to see it become successful.
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:06:04 AM

If the PoS block generation is the problem, then why even have that feature on this coin?
Even if everyone moves their coins to temporarily stop the PoS issue, once solo mining starts up the problem will only end up showing up again after a few weeks have passed, and we'll all be in this exact same spot once again. Don't get me wrong here, I currently hold a significant amount of this coin and really would like to see it become successful.

Due to us being stuck from a previous version, some users did not upgrade their wallets yet.  Therefore we can not fix the problem if they do not update their wallets.   Checking my peers, I have 13 clients out of 25 who are still using older versions of the wallet.  The updated POS code to address this problem may be in the latest version but only Muddafudda can confirm this.

Please spread the word to all exchanges to have users update their wallets so that we can get this coin moving and added to other exchanges.

btc:
ltc:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: