Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates  (Read 32524 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:50:00 AM

Idk how anyone who ordered from BFL didn't expect it to take this long.  I have a few investors who are in right beside me with bfl, and when I ordered back in Aug I told them Jan or Feb.  I did have the advantage of having dealt with bfl before, but it's just what they do.  their miners seem to be more professionally made, more efficient, but they take forever, and are terrible at predicting how long it will take, or use the pre-order funds to finance the development.  they definitely aren't a scam.  I did just pick up a few ant miners tho... and if bfl was like that, I would have spent 100k with them by now... their loss.

I'm curious as to what kind of due diligence the investors and yourself did to come to the agreement that purchasing from BFL was a good move.  Especially when you concluded that their timelines were bullshit from the get go, that most other manufacturers were already well onto their way to deliver 28nm and difficulty was expected to skyrocket.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topminingcontracts (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 06:06:53 AM

Idk how anyone who ordered from BFL didn't expect it to take this long.  I have a few investors who are in right beside me with bfl, and when I ordered back in Aug I told them Jan or Feb.  I did have the advantage of having dealt with bfl before, but it's just what they do.  their miners seem to be more professionally made, more efficient, but they take forever, and are terrible at predicting how long it will take, or use the pre-order funds to finance the development.  they definitely aren't a scam.  I did just pick up a few ant miners tho... and if bfl was like that, I would have spent 100k with them by now... their loss.

I'm curious as to what kind of due diligence the investors and yourself did to come to the agreement that purchasing from BFL was a good move.  Especially when you concluded that their timelines were bullshit from the get go, that most other manufacturers were already well onto their way to deliver 28nm and difficulty was expected to skyrocket.

Dropt,

I cant speak for other members, but in my case was a huge mistake, I made the order because I get excited and didn't take the time to analyze at that moment my analysis was well this people of BFL fucked deeply but now they "learned" from past experiences and a new product will not suffer same problems as before I considered was safer than HashFast, Cointerra and KnCminer, I ordered from all of them and I just received the equipment of KnC, no news from Hashfast, Cointerra or BFL for me sorry to say are all the same, and yes BFL learned.... learned there are a bunch of Idiots like me that will send them the money of a pre-order even with all the bad references we have about the company so at some point I am guilty for being a huge idiot, but anyway may worth try to do something to reduce the loss.

All the best!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
asfbhero

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:24:47 AM

I didn't know anything about the other firms, I knew that BFL would deliver, even if it was late.  I was more willing to shell out 20k on a sure thing than risk getting scammed by people I hadn't dealt with before.  I'm a big fan of antminer S1 at the moment, dirt cheap, and they arrive right after you order them.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:34:54 AM

I didn't know anything about the other firms, I knew that BFL would deliver, even if it was late.  I was more willing to shell out 20k on a sure thing than risk getting scammed by people I hadn't dealt with before.  I'm a big fan of antminer S1 at the moment, dirt cheap, and they arrive right after you order them.

That is a fair enough assessment except not everyone got their units from BFL it was not most assured that you would and given that some people waited in excess of 12 months you are dreaming, still more are owed a refund and some customers are having to go to court to get compensation. At this point BFL is no better than any "unknown" scams of the past, present and future. You do know that the Monarch is now 10 months into "pre-production" based on the statements from BFL?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:42:13 AM

BFl fails to deliver badly, most probably mining with customer hardware.
asfbhero

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:46:47 AM

Yeah, I expected that though.  It is a particular failing of theirs.  I've also noticed, that if you do anything wrong, type an order number wrong in the notes section of your wire transfer, or do anything other than exactly what their prescribed parameters are you're in trouble, and good luck getting a response.  I could be wrong overall, but from the threads I've seen where people had problems it was always in addition to some kind of slip up, refreshing the order page, or something trivial like that.  IT seems as though they are inexperienced with running a high end high-demand manufacturing business, and since they are dealing with such a large volume of transactions things can fall through the cracks.  I see their failings as mistakes, not as malicious or nefarious harbingers of a scam to come.  Do i wish I had bought a bunch of KnC miners that I would already have by now.  Yes, but had I ordered from them and they had been a scam (a new firm with very high GH/s and good prices)  I, and my clients would have been screwed.  I've been following Josh's updates on the BFL support forums closely, and according to my electrical engineer brother (who will be roped in to help me build a few hundred of whichever DIY miner is recognized as reliable, cost effective, and generally "good") the steps Josh is describing are real things, real things that get done quite shortly before final production models are ready to be finished and ship out, so I'm not too worried.  I've always had February in my head as the delivery date, so I'm not waiting on pins and needles just yet.  

Plus Antminer cam out for 1.45 btc, so I just got a bund of those to hold me over.  I'm confident BFL won't steal my money, but if they do, well, for over 20k that warrants an in home visit to discuss their options for paying me back.
Bicknellski

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:07:44 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 04:58:00 AM by Bicknellski

Yeah, I expected that though.

No you don't have to expect it. In fact here is a thought buy BTC instead. I just stopped reading because that sort of mentality perpetuates BFL as a company. No they are not reputable they do not represent how production can be carried out. I hope you are not advising people to continue purchasing from BFL given all that we know.

Josh has omitted and hidden the actual time to get these products to market and continues to do that. Given what passes for estimates you can easily see that what he is really doing is lying about delivery to lock people in and make sure they can't get their money out. After the ASICs no one should have bought another BFL product full stop.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:19:52 AM

Yeah, I expected that though.

No you don't have to expect it. In fact here is a thought buy BTC instead. I just stopped reading because that sort of mentality perpetuates BFL as a company. No they are not reputable they do not represent how production can be carried out. I hope you are not advising people to continue purchasing from BFL given all that we know.

Josh has omitted and hidden the actual time to get these products to market and continues to do that. Given what passes for estimates you can easily see that what he is really doing it lying about delivery to lock people in and make sure they can't get their money out. After the ASICs no one should have bought another BFL product full stop.

FYI I got my refund from BFL $8519.30 (incl a prev jally that did not ROI) so out of that down 300 bucks ..will take it ...this was due to my Monarchs taking loinger
then 6 months....they merged my 600gh and 300gh refunds...so the 600gh refund was 45 days and the 300gh they could have waited another 30 days according
to the 45-60 day timeline on such refunds they state in an email when you ask (again if over 6 months late on monarch and you paid in full)..they paid the works in
45 days complete to the dime...of course 1 year and 20 days late and a lot of arm twisting...but anyway I was refunded (and still somewhat in shock)

Now to my point from the sidelines.....(I"m shouting get in the lifeboats with your refund and paddle)

er i digress

so with the above bona fides (ie no dog in this fight any more)

WHEN THE HELL ARE THESE MONARCHS SUPPOSED TO SHIP? er sorry reverted to previous no refund rage mode....

I know that 6 weeks ago or so Josh said (again this is in good faith from the last I know of) that it would be 4 weeks

well that timeline is past....

what is the info on the timeline now? or are they simply not saying because of another glitch or hell they are just refunding
everyone at this point in time due to the NO ROI nature by the time they come out?

So my experiences above aside

I'd like a clear link to 'when' the current monarchs are supposed to be shipped? IF such a link or info exists?

hey ....it is like a bad car crash...I may have gotten out....still wondering about the rest of the victims and their options

This should not be too much of a stretch for a  "legit' company to keep its 'even revised late' timeline up to date for the public

anyway snarkyness aside

are they ever ever gonna ship or is it still '2 more weeks?"

and before I go

KUDO's to Josh if he (as I think he has said) WAS behind us getting a refund or double hash if the product (monarch) took more then 6 months .....I am
willing to give him  the benefit of a doubt now that I see from sources he is simply an employee...so....trying to rise above it
all...if you did push this thank you...(I'm trying to keep 'some' faith in human nature)....

But the harsh question remains? "when are they gonna ship?"

a very very contented (now that I got my $$$ back)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Harlbatr

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:31:34 AM

Does anyone believe that they will deliver at all ?
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:35:30 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 04:45:42 AM by Bicknellski

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners <--- sue them even if they deliver. It is already 15+ months since they started development and over nearly 6 months late for those that initially ordered and you are entitled to an immediate refund according to FTC rules.The same thing with the 65nm and now the 28nm. Planned delays probably got Luke Jr. already working on the firmware so they can "BURN-IN" your unit for a few months more why you wait.

topminingcontracts (OP)

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:21:12 AM

I apply for the refund 1 month ago.

I hope I recover some money before they evaporate.

Juan

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:39:51 AM

Here's the Monarch delivery progress:
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014

May 2014?

Remember, “initial shipping” of Monarchs was promised in November/December 2013 (red underlines added):

You can see the above page for yourself here in the Wayback Machine Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20130831125627/http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch

Here's the progress on your refund:
Two WeeksTM

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:54:06 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 05:23:02 AM by Bicknellski

I am predicting they start shipping mid feb for that preordered early,i think bfl will get it right from now on as there have the money to higher more staff

Nope... try again. Mid-May now. How about August 2014?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:16:44 AM

with the refunds..sales likely gone...paying for the employees etc..I'm at a loss
why they have not applied for bankruptcy already

are there that many 'noobs' that are buying 65mm stuff from BFL to float their boat?

er also being not a business man...is it may end of the fiscal year? Could they
just be dragging all this out till June 1st then pull the plug? likely I have my
months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:19:48 AM

Wood law firm is bringing a class action against BFL, they even have an online form you can fill out if you where harmed.

I think contacting them will be your best bet.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:30:28 AM

Wood law firm is bringing a class action against BFL, they even have an online form you can fill out if you where harmed.

I think contacting them will be your best bet.

did so getting together what little i have to send them....
all they have to do is go on to bfl forums last year..if they
get on shoutbox and see Searing and .read me getting
banned and the exchanges with josh etc...and then contact me

heh....i prove I'm me they find it in chat. the web of lies
floating around ....and viola

but myself....i punted that stuff a long time ago..due to
the one thing i was sure of I'd NEVER EVER get a refund from
bfl and from my previous attempts small claims/ftc paypal
exec committee dispute all an EPIC FAIL  last august/sept 2013

(notice how i put the year up there in case this thread is
still about and monarchs still don't ship ..best to be prepared Smiley)

so i'm somewhat unsure of reality in that i did get a refund
it is disconcerting .hmmmmm....perhaps I really do have a
shot with Kate Upton ..the odds are better then my BFL
refund happing imho Smiley

Searing

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:06:14 AM

No, its not luck. (So sorry, no high probability for getting a supermodel GF, hate to burst your bubble Wink )

Sonny has been warned by his "supervised release" judge that his company smells like fraud and if more cases will be won against BFL he will go back to jail.

He will be under court supervision for the next two years.

He only narrowly escaped going back to prison earlier this year, as he had to appear before a judge.

BTW did you know BFL had atleast 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:52:49 AM

No, its not luck. (So sorry, no high probability for getting a supermodel GF, hate to burst your bubble Wink )

Sonny has been warned by his "supervised release" judge that his company smells like fraud and if more cases will be won against BFL he will go back to jail.

He will be under court supervision for the next two years.

He only narrowly escaped going back to prison earlier this year, as he had to appear before a judge.

BTW did you know BFL had at least 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?

yeah ...not sure how that shakes out I was told back in the day just after paypal stopped refunds is they stopped
them because bfl was out of cash and they canceled any new paypal with bfl that was last fall i think?...not sure if that means
they burned thru 16 million in refunds this last summer/fall including the with in 45 day folks at that time?
(possible i dumped 1/2 in time 180gh ...it is the last 1/2 that took a year that drove me to fits)

I've mentioned before in threads that I'm lucky he is a convicted felon...or I'd be soooooo out of luck...i doubt the class action
would have got me a refund by itself ..the combo of the two is my guess

of course "miracles' require no proof...the act of 'faith' is enough

.so who is the saint of bitcoin miners? ....seems they came thru on bfl customers heh

(hmm we need to take a vote...move this to a 'higher plain of argument"....obviously divine intervention IS involved! Smiley

Searing

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:15:29 PM

of course "miracles' require no proof...the act of 'faith' is enough

Unfortunately BFL is a faith based industry the only miracle is they are still in business.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:20:30 PM

Has anyone created a "Damages calculator for Bitcoin" as yet?

I want to punch in:

If I had X Gh that I paid for on this date I would have earned Y bitcoins by Z date when they actually delivered???

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: