Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates  (Read 32524 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:47:10 AM

That guy is just Josh, right?
Having met Josh, that sounds nothing like him.  That person has a definite British accent.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

In other news BFL has announced that they've fucked up the PCB design again.  Board overheats and shuts down because they jammed 900A of DC/DC regulation into one spot in the center of the board.  They allege that an increase in copper weight of the power planes will solve the problem.  What to expect: more delays and future fuckups.

Oh and that's when driving the board to 700GH/s although they claim it still occurs at 600GH/S.  Good luck with that 1TH businesss BFL.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/

"Extended periods of time testing have shown that the boards will gradually build up heat and eventually fail due to one of the copper layers in the board being too thin. Even at 600 GH/s, the board will start to build up heat and will start to get slower and/or die from heat build up. This is exacerbated if it is in a hotter environment. For this reason, we can't ship these boards to customers"

I wonder if the failure in the copper layers produces a stench or a strong smell...

The excuses and equivocations are not nearly enough to cover up what is really happening. This is the same exact pattern of plausible deniability they has used for delays before. You can certainly manufacture boards that work and don't work customers must be wondering where the ones that work are?

Full refunds required now not 30 to 45 days to wait nope just full refunds today. Anything else is a breach of Sonny's probation at this point. Don't let BFL take advantage of you any further people. Make it clear to the probation office and the judge this ends now.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
heldertb

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:52:38 PM

In other news BFL has announced that they've fucked up the PCB design again.  Board overheats and shuts down because they jammed 900A of DC/DC regulation into one spot in the center of the board.  They allege that an increase in copper weight of the power planes will solve the problem.  What to expect: more delays and future fuckups.

Oh and that's when driving the board to 700GH/s although they claim it still occurs at 600GH/S.  Good luck with that 1TH businesss BFL.

"Extended periods of time testing have shown that the boards will gradually build up heat and eventually fail due to one of the copper layers in the board being too thin. Even at 600 GH/s, the board will start to build up heat and will start to get slower and/or die from heat build up. This is exacerbated if it is in a hotter environment. For this reason, we can't ship these boards to customers"

I wonder if the failure in the copper layers produces a stench or a strong smell...

The excuses and equivocations are not nearly enough to cover up what is really happening. This is the same exact pattern of plausible deniability they has used for delays before. You can certainly manufacture boards that work and don't work customers must be wondering where the ones that work are?

Full refunds required now not 30 to 45 days to wait nope just full refunds today. Anything else is a breach of Sonny's probation at this point. Don't let BFL take advantage of you any further people. Make it clear to the probation office and the judge this ends now.

But first I want my money back, so I don't have to wait months for it, then you may count me in. It's ridiculous... Why are they actually delaying so much? to mine for themselves or what?

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:57:32 PM

Only BFL.....

Hey we have a chip and components on the board that require cooling and will run hot, should we build a proper copper core PCB?

No lets first try it out, after all we are only 6 months late, which is record speed for us.

Lets delay two more weeks so people don´t get excited and all pull the refund trigger....

Also from the video, it has 1,3% HW errors at 626 GH, so i dont know what will happen when overclocking it.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:09:59 PM

Only BFL.....

Hey we have a chip and components on the board that require cooling and will run hot, should we build a proper copper core PCB?

No lets first try it out, after all we are only 6 months late, which is record speed for us.

Lets delay two more weeks so people don´t get excited and all pull the refund trigger....

Also from the video, it has 1,3% HW errors at 626 GH, so i dont know what will happen when overclocking it.

Were all those pictures of the boards with power resistors just for show? Did they not actually power the thing and run chatacterization tests?  It's amazing that people like Mr. Teal and Marto can build functional boards in just a mattef of weeks, yet BFL and their Millions just can't quite get it.  The true cherry on the cake is that they didn't learn a thing from chasing bASIC on hashrate output and increased the Monarch's theoretical limit to 1TH without having the prototype to back it up.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:23:41 PM

I just emailed them asking for a refund. Said I want to have my money within 3 days, lets see what they'll reply tomorrow! I'll keep you updated

bet you get the bot email reply of between 30 to 45 days...(that is what i got and to their credit got my 600gh refund in 45 days and my 300gh same time 30 days early

(they gotta mine them refunds don't ya know)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:00:39 PM

Only BFL.....

Were all those pictures of the boards with power resistors just for show? Did they not actually power the thing and run chatacterization tests?  It's amazing that people like Mr. Teal and Marto can build functional boards in just a mattef of weeks, yet BFL and their Millions just can't quite get it.  The true cherry on the cake is that they didn't learn a thing from chasing bASIC on hashrate output and increased the Monarch's theoretical limit to 1TH without having the prototype to back it up.

They say the Imperial Monarch (category A chips, water cooling) can do 1.6 TH, which is rich considering that the board starts melting at 0.7 - even with water cooling.

Josh first said they would use a single board for all the Monarch versions, then corrected himself and said there would be two boards - one for the standard Monarch and one for the Imperial. As things stand now, they don't have a prototype for either that doesn't start degrading heavily after a couple of days.

People said they couldn't surpass the incompetence that surrounded their 65 nm rollout, but BFL has exceeded expectations there.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

The true cherry on the cake is that they didn't learn a thing from chasing bASIC on hashrate output and increased the Monarch's theoretical limit to 1TH without having the prototype to back it up.

LOL ya chasing Unicorn Farts from old Tommy boy, the retards we're actually racing against honest to goodness vapourware!!!
heldertb

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

I just emailed them asking for a refund. Said I want to have my money within 3 days, lets see what they'll reply tomorrow! I'll keep you updated

bet you get the bot email reply of between 30 to 45 days...(that is what i got and to their credit got my 600gh refund in 45 days and my 300gh same time 30 days early

(they gotta mine them refunds don't ya know)

Searing

No reply yet, Also I don't "qualify" for a refund as my order isn't 6months yet. But apparently that's against the law to hold my money and don't give a refund, so yeah (:

Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:40:00 PM

I got my 30-45 day email, here's to hoping the idiots do not go belly-up before that. They truly out did themselves this time, hell they are even making KNC look competent.  Grin
mayne

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:08:05 PM

lol it's going to take you 30-45 days to get your refund
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:13:51 PM

HAHHAHAA Same exact problem the morons had with the 65nm line.

How are you so stupid that you don't learn from the first mistake.

Love it!
heldertb

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:17:07 PM

lol it's going to take you 30-45 days to get your refund
We'll see about that (; (;

Keep Crypto. Get Cash
heldertb

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 04:27:26 PM

Got the first reply saying I'm not eligible and blablabla, going to pull the FTC rules now...
Here's the response:
Code:
Hello Helder,

BF Labs, Inc. is offering refunds for any orders 6 months or older. If your order is less than 6 months old, you are not eligible for a refund at this point in time.
If your order does not ship within 6 months of the order date, you will be eligible for a full refund OR a 50% voucher for an additional Monarch card, OR a doubling of purchased hashrate of our Mining By The GH service.
Note: if you purchased your product during our Black Friday or End of Year sales events, you will not receive a 50% off voucher.
At this time, your order dates do not qualify for a refund request.
If the time should come that they reach 6 months past the order date and we have not filled your order, then a refund request would be honored, or the other options mentioned would be available if you would decide to keep your order.
In addition, when we do refund, we use the same means that we received funds. Bitcoin payments would be refunded through Bitpay, but bank wire transactions would be returned in that manner.

Dennis BF Labs

Keep Crypto. Get Cash
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:07:39 PM

Got the first reply saying I'm not eligible and blablabla, going to pull the FTC rules now...
Here's the response:
Code:
Hello Helder,

BF Labs, Inc. is offering refunds for any orders 6 months or older. If your order is less than 6 months old, you are not eligible for a refund at this point in time.
If your order does not ship within 6 months of the order date, you will be eligible for a full refund OR a 50% voucher for an additional Monarch card, OR a doubling of purchased hashrate of our Mining By The GH service.
Note: if you purchased your product during our Black Friday or End of Year sales events, you will not receive a 50% off voucher.
If the time should come that they reach 6 months past the order date and we have not filled your order, then a refund request would be honored, or the other options mentioned would be available if you would decide to keep your order.
In addition, when we do refund, we use the same means that we received funds. Bitcoin payments would be refunded through Bitpay, but bank wire transactions would be returned in that manner.

Dennis BF Labs

Don't forget to threaten to report the transaction to Sonny's probation officer, too.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

Then after they straighten this shit all out in a month then it will be:

1. We shipped 10 units out today, production line should be ramping up soon

2. Have 300 ready to ship but power supplies for the 20,000 water cooling pumps are stuck in Thailand

3. Power supplies are in, just noticed the cooling blocks are missing their O-rings should have them in a week

and on and on and on and on.............

Then Jody Drake will be back.......

We can't ship any 600gh units because the cards get too hot so we are shipping the 300gh cards that were ordered 6 months after the 600gh cards, sorry we have to ship out of order......

We are out of chips, power supplies, radiators, cards, power plugs, testicles, shiny metal things..............

Should have them all in 2 weeks (except the testicles)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:36:18 AM

Here's the response:
Code:
Hello Helder,

Dennis BF Labs

Don't forget to threaten to report the transaction to Sonny's probation officer, too.

how much time you got left (if you don't mind)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:10:18 AM

I got my refund, if that's what you're asking.

I hope I have another 50-60 years left on this world.
heldertb

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

Here's the response:
Code:
Hello Helder,

Dennis BF Labs

Searing

Like a month or so. I've been emailing back and forth with Dennis from CS at BFL and he already pushed my date a few days earlier. but that doesn't really matter to me. I want my monay back, right now, and they do not have the right to deny my refund at this time (:

Keep Crypto. Get Cash
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:15:35 PM

Here's the response:
Code:
Hello Helder,

Dennis BF Labs

Searing

Like a month or so. I've been emailing back and forth with Dennis from CS at BFL and he already pushed my date a few days earlier. but that doesn't really matter to me. I want my money back, right now, and they do not have the right to deny my refund at this time (:

well to help and to those who have 2 orders like I did 1 month apart...when they refunded my 1st order at 45 days more or less exactly i think ? ...they also included my 300 gh 2nd order upgrade (at no cost 65mm stuff) that was supposed to wait another month

point that out as inconsistent...if nothing else if you to have a split order like mine was 'push' to get your 2nd refund arrive with your first request...point out it is less work for them they are already tweaking your refund for the 1st order and/also make sure the wire xfer and payal info is the same...if it clears the works and you out of their hair not to have to revisit your account again and repeat..they may at least do that (probably underpaid bfl peon that they are ..and wondering wtf everyone sure seems p/o'd at me!)

anyway may help a little get them to merge the 2nd with the first ...make sure wire xfer info is same and/or paypal (i got some back both ways)

all i got hope it helps

Searing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: