Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates  (Read 32524 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:17:34 AM

Any ETA on when the BFL website will be back?

Come on guys... you know the answer!  Wink

Maybe two weeks?

Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:41:47 AM

Site's back up. Missing 2 days' worth of posts.

Move along, folks - nothing to see here.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:05:43 AM

Site's back up. Missing 2 days' worth of posts.

Move along, folks - nothing to see here.

2 days only?

What nothing earlier say when promises were made?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:48:43 AM

Josh says:
The forums were suppose to be restored from a more recent backup. I'm not sure why they were not and I'm investigating the issue now. It probably won't be until at least tomorrow that I'll have the forums back up with more recent data... don't bother posting anything here as I'll probably have to remove this dataset.

He then continues:
Monarch Update 11 June 2014

We have been diligently working on the Monarch board since the last update. Many tests have been conducted and various component modifications have been made in the interim. The chips on the boards are easily able to achieve 1 TH/s, but the PCBs are not quite yet able to support the power required for that speed. We anticipated that the latest revision would be the final one, but there is still too much heat being retained internally on the PCB. We’ve identified a couple areas that are heat dissipation bottlenecks and have incorporated those into a new PCB revision, which should allow us to reach our projected speed and energy efficiency.

While we wait for the new revision to make it through manufacturing, we now have a supply of boards that do not meet the advertised specs and thus are not suitable to be shipped directly to customers. Although we have no legal obligation to do so, we have made a voluntary business decision to reward customers for their patience and loyalty; with the boards we have on hand or close to being completed, we can deliver between 600 - 800 TH of processing power. We are going to provision these boards in a hosted environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities) and, as a courtesy to those customers who have been waiting the longest, we will start deploying Cloud Mining in queue order as early as next Wednesday, June 18th, barring any problems. It may be as late as Friday, June 20th before we can get anything turned up and going, as significant setup is required.

When Cloud Mining becomes available to you, an email will be sent informing you how to activate your BFL Cloud Mining. You should check your dashboard starting next Wednesday for the Cloud Mining button to activate it from there. With a limited amount of Cloud Mining capacity available, we will not be able to accommodate everyone immediately, but we will try to provide the ordered amount of hashing power to as many people as we can as quickly as possible. Once the 1 TH boards start shipping out, we will be rolling the Cloud Mining over to the next people in the queue as we fulfill the queue from the beginning with physical boards. This process will continue until the physical board shipments catch up to the Cloud Mining. All orders will be handled in their queue sequence, regardless of product type (600, 300, Mining By The Gigahash).

This will provide the ability to our customers to start hashing sooner than they would if they waited for physical boards to arrive, and is our effort to provide a better customer experience with BFL. As has always been our practice, we make no representations or guarantees as to the results of your mining efforts via BFL Cloud Mining or our physical products.

So the first ~1000 Monarch orders will get cloud hashing until their orders ship, with this hashing being successively rolled over to the next in line until their boards are shipped. Presumably, once all orders are shipped, any boards that are still working will continue hashing for the Eclipse account.

IIRC Josh previously claimed that setting up a cloud mining operation of this magnitude would take at least two to three weeks, so his target of deploying hashing power as early as next Wednesday is ambitious, to say the least.

Still no final revision of a shippable board.
Total Monarchs in the wild: 0
Total Monarchs hashing in the cloud: 0
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:28:16 AM

So what is actually HASHING at Eclipse?

Hmmm interesting. Maybe they should explain that aspect.

Get a refund. You didn't pay for cloud hashing just another delay tactic meant to quell complaints.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:35:21 PM

No point in BFL trying to hide the fact that they are hashing with customer equipment. It already came out in court documents.
Now they are just spinning it by claiming the equipment is "not suitable" for customers.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:07:31 PM

No point in BFL trying to hide the fact that they are hashing with customer equipment. It already came out in court documents.
Now they are just spinning it by claiming the equipment is "not suitable" for customers.

Do you have a link for this court document?   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:13:43 PM

I love coming to this thread, it always makes me feel better about my choices.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

Buy & Hold
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:24:22 PM

LOL Me too!
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:28:17 PM

Answered by BFLs attorney:

Q: What is Eclipse Mining Equipment?

A: Eclipse Mining Consortium was a website that Butterfly Labs purchased from Josh Zerlan in 2012. The website was a Bitcoin mining pool website that allowed multiple users to work together
to mine Bitcoins that would be shared among the group. Pooled mining allows a user to receive smaller, but more frequent Bitcoins that are divided by the number of shares that an individual earns relative to the processing power that they contributed to mining a block
of Bitcoins. Butterfly Labs acquired the IP address and website from Mr. Zerlan for $100,000. Eclipse Mining Consortium still operates as a Bitcoin mining pool website. The business purpose was to offer customers a place to combine their BitCoin mining power. Butterfly Labs earns mining income from their burn in testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers.
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:56:33 PM

So let's see if I get the math on this one.

1,000 broken boards only hashing @ 400GH/s each is 400TH/s.

At the current difficulty that's 17.1109 BTC/Day (almost a block per day).

@ $575/BTC = $9,838.79/Day or $293,384.29/Month.

Tough life.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:35:47 AM

So let's see if I get the math on this one.

1,000 broken boards only hashing @ 400GH/s each is 400TH/s.

At the current difficulty that's 17.1109 BTC/Day (almost a block per day).

@ $575/BTC = $9,838.79/Day or $293,384.29/Month.

Tough life.

Isn't that same amount rough of hash that bumped Eclipse's total rate?

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:11:24 AM

So, here's a deal. If you can prove that anyone, just one will do, is actually paid by BFL to shill for them here, than I will prove that you, <SEO shit deleted>, are a pedophile with a Montessori school in Djakarta.
Fair deal?

This is in very poor taste and completely out of line on these forums.

You are just parroting libel that Butterfly Labs has concocted to discredit those who bring attention to their deplorable business practices.

For shame.
[/quote

BCP has ADMITTED now to working for BFL.
That equals a PAID BFL shill in my book?
So what now Poko aka JOSH you fuck-tard?
WHAT THE FUCK NOW???

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:39:02 AM

So, here's a deal. If you can prove that anyone, just one will do, is actually paid by BFL to shill for them here, than I will prove that you, <SEO shit deleted>, are a pedophile with a Montessori school in Djakarta.
Fair deal?

This is in very poor taste and completely out of line on these forums.

You are just parroting libel that Butterfly Labs has concocted to discredit those who bring attention to their deplorable business practices.

For shame.
[/quote

BCP has ADMITTED now to working for BFL.
That equals a PAID BFL shill in my book?
So what now Poko aka JOSH you fuck-tard?
WHAT THE FUCK NOW???

What happened to Pokokohua!'s post?

And he sure does sound like Josh here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280630.msg6998617#msg6998617

And how many butterfly labs threads are there? I keep seeing new ones (I mean old ones).

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:58:28 AM

Settle down, you'll get your Monarchs in July...2015.  They will ship you a jar of butterflies.  They're too busy scrambling to move the funds around with as little traceability as possible.  Shutting down the site for 2 days gives them time to do this.
Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:53:36 PM

LOL Me too!

Grin ... as I said in 2013:

Do not pre-order and never, never, NEVER give any money to Butterfly Labs. By the time they ship "monarchs", they will be obsolete. They might be obsolete right now, come to think of it.
topminingcontracts (OP)

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

Josh says:
The forums were suppose to be restored from a more recent backup. I'm not sure why they were not and I'm investigating the issue now. It probably won't be until at least tomorrow that I'll have the forums back up with more recent data... don't bother posting anything here as I'll probably have to remove this dataset.

He then continues:
Monarch Update 11 June 2014

We have been diligently working on the Monarch board since the last update. Many tests have been conducted and various component modifications have been made in the interim. The chips on the boards are easily able to achieve 1 TH/s, but the PCBs are not quite yet able to support the power required for that speed. We anticipated that the latest revision would be the final one, but there is still too much heat being retained internally on the PCB. We’ve identified a couple areas that are heat dissipation bottlenecks and have incorporated those into a new PCB revision, which should allow us to reach our projected speed and energy efficiency.

While we wait for the new revision to make it through manufacturing, we now have a supply of boards that do not meet the advertised specs and thus are not suitable to be shipped directly to customers. Although we have no legal obligation to do so, we have made a voluntary business decision to reward customers for their patience and loyalty; with the boards we have on hand or close to being completed, we can deliver between 600 - 800 TH of processing power. We are going to provision these boards in a hosted environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities) and, as a courtesy to those customers who have been waiting the longest, we will start deploying Cloud Mining in queue order as early as next Wednesday, June 18th, barring any problems. It may be as late as Friday, June 20th before we can get anything turned up and going, as significant setup is required.

When Cloud Mining becomes available to you, an email will be sent informing you how to activate your BFL Cloud Mining. You should check your dashboard starting next Wednesday for the Cloud Mining button to activate it from there. With a limited amount of Cloud Mining capacity available, we will not be able to accommodate everyone immediately, but we will try to provide the ordered amount of hashing power to as many people as we can as quickly as possible. Once the 1 TH boards start shipping out, we will be rolling the Cloud Mining over to the next people in the queue as we fulfill the queue from the beginning with physical boards. This process will continue until the physical board shipments catch up to the Cloud Mining. All orders will be handled in their queue sequence, regardless of product type (600, 300, Mining By The Gigahash).

This will provide the ability to our customers to start hashing sooner than they would if they waited for physical boards to arrive, and is our effort to provide a better customer experience with BFL. As has always been our practice, we make no representations or guarantees as to the results of your mining efforts via BFL Cloud Mining or our physical products.

So the first ~1000 Monarch orders will get cloud hashing until their orders ship, with this hashing being successively rolled over to the next in line until their boards are shipped. Presumably, once all orders are shipped, any boards that are still working will continue hashing for the Eclipse account.

IIRC Josh previously claimed that setting up a cloud mining operation of this magnitude would take at least two to three weeks, so his target of deploying hashing power as early as next Wednesday is ambitious, to say the least.

Still no final revision of a shippable board.
Total Monarchs in the wild: 0
Total Monarchs hashing in the cloud: 0

I asked BFL for the refund when they offer that in April... still not news... Why did they delay?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:14:48 AM

I asked BFL for the refund when they offer that in April... still not news... Why did they delay?
Because they are shady company and their actual business consists 1% of bitcoin mining hardware and 99% of thievery and lies.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Here's the Monarch delivery progress:
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014

July 2014?

Remember, “initial shipping” of Monarchs was promised in November/December 2013 (red underlines added):

You can see the above page for yourself here in the Wayback Machine Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20130831125627/http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch

Xian01 said it best...

we feel our timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid."

Respectfully, experience and history on these forums will clearly illustrate that the only thing that is solid, is the density of their bullshit.

Some customers have received cloud hashing in June, which is good (but very late).

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: