Bitcoin Forum
April 05, 2020, 08:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11184 times)
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

After questioning halong mining's validity in my last video a member of their staff messaged me assuring me they were real and yoshi goto is to be trusted. I asked for pictures of miners and he said I will have to wait until customers receive their machines soooo. . vaporware?

I don't think it's vaporware. Yoshi has had a good career at Bitmain. He wouldn't risk his reputation on vaporware.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but it's just such a weird business practice. . . to not even show ONE true version of their miner

We should know for sure soon - they promised PhillipMa1957 a review unit and it's supposedly been shipped.

Mine are supposedly shipping as early as next week

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Best ratesfor crypto
EXCHANGE
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 910
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:11:36 PM

i wonder what's the current ROI for an A3.  Thinking about getting my hands on some

As of right this second, a couple months - but I'm pretty sure Bitmain has some being shipped, and another batch due by the end of the month.
Wasn't there someone else (Obelisk perhaps?) that announced a SIA miner a few months back but has yet to deliver?

The price of sia has fallen over 50% in the last month. I don’t see an end in sight either.

Do ASICS usually increase the price of the coin? I would think it would drive prices even farther down

The price of pretty much ALL Cryptocoins has dropped 50% or more from the peak around mid-January.

ASIC have ZERO effect on price - it's PRICE that affects profitability and the profitability that affects the potential for an ASIC to be sold at a profit for it's maker.

Not exactly. Siacoin dumped 10 times from january prices because of ASICs

The 2 are unrelated.  If you go and think the miners dump the coins from asic mining....what do you think people do with gpu mining.  Machines out or not out dont effect price as much as market conditions do.

Actually ASICs are usually owned by those who treat mining as a business and needs to pay off the rapidly depreciating ASICs. GPUs dont depreciate as much. For example this miner went from $2000 to being worth $0 in 2 months. My GTX 1070s are worth the same or more since I bought the in December and even next year I can sell them for 50% of what I paid and in 2 years I get 25% of what I paid at minimum. ASICs basically destroy not just a coin, but an algo altogether. ASICs also rob miners because they only get shipped when they are no longer profitable, that's why they are never in stock and always future buying but you pay today, so they mine with them in clean rooms and ship them when they are useless  power hogs.
don’t forget the noise.  I would like more asics but i would risk a noise violation
i might have to install split ac 24k btu so i can lower my fan speeds this summer
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 697
Merit: 250

Do you own 1 Bitcoin?

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:49:42 AM

So it's about $16 per day income?

Around that yes.
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:44:57 AM

i wonder what's the current ROI for an A3.  Thinking about getting my hands on some

As of right this second, a couple months - but I'm pretty sure Bitmain has some being shipped, and another batch due by the end of the month.
Wasn't there someone else (Obelisk perhaps?) that announced a SIA miner a few months back but has yet to deliver?

The price of sia has fallen over 50% in the last month. I don’t see an end in sight either.

Do ASICS usually increase the price of the coin? I would think it would drive prices even farther down

The price of pretty much ALL Cryptocoins has dropped 50% or more from the peak around mid-January.

ASIC have ZERO effect on price - it's PRICE that affects profitability and the profitability that affects the potential for an ASIC to be sold at a profit for it's maker.

Not exactly. Siacoin dumped 10 times from january prices because of ASICs

The 2 are unrelated.  If you go and think the miners dump the coins from asic mining....what do you think people do with gpu mining.  Machines out or not out dont effect price as much as market conditions do.

Actually ASICs are usually owned by those who treat mining as a business and needs to pay off the rapidly depreciating ASICs. GPUs dont depreciate as much. For example this miner went from $2000 to being worth $0 in 2 months. My GTX 1070s are worth the same or more since I bought the in December and even next year I can sell them for 50% of what I paid and in 2 years I get 25% of what I paid at minimum. ASICs basically destroy not just a coin, but an algo altogether. ASICs also rob miners because they only get shipped when they are no longer profitable, that's why they are never in stock and always future buying but you pay today, so they mine with them in clean rooms and ship them when they are useless  power hogs.
don’t forget the noise.  I would like more asic electrics but i would risk a noise violation
i might have to install split ac 24k btu so i can lower my fan speeds this summer

Sound a bit fantastically. With the split your electric bills will rise dramatically. And you still hope to get some ROI on this ASIC?
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:47:23 AM

Around that yes.

So if you bought  it at $5500 - you will never recoup it?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

Folks that bought early enough to pay $5500 probably recouped half or more of that in their first couple weeks to a month of operation.
The lucky few that were the very first to put them online probably recouped ALL of their investment the first 2-3 weeks.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
STATIK

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:11:00 AM

Around that yes.

So if you bought  it at $5500 - you will never recoup it?

SC price is .01 and was .03 for some time so all things considered it's still heck of a miner compared to BAIKAL space heater
Goool

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:30:00 PM

Batch 2 started shipping.

Got a batch 2 unit today.

$980 + $150 Shipping = $1130

$1130/$25day = 45-60 days you need to touch ROI
When is happening the SIA fork ?
row739

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:57:40 AM

what fork?
DMAN_LTC

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

So right now on average the daily payout for Siacoin is $9/day so shows the following link

https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-a3-815gh

the current price of Siacoin is about .01   

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

secondary calculations

https://cryptorival.com/calcs/siacoin/#result

Speculations made from Altcoin forums

--most users report getting anywhere 1300-1800 Siacoins daily ---

If this is true then  ((1300*.01).......(1600*.01))  it may still be profitable over the course of the next 6 months.

[1300* 30days= 39000  &  1600*30days=48000]

If you  get anywhere from $13-16 daily and convert it to BTC and trade out of it then you could have a worthwhile investment.

13*30= $390  &  16*30=$480

However it all depends how much you spent on the A3.  I for example spent about $1800 so I think it'll pay off sooner than later.

Even with GPU's my point is to get paid and trade through BTC to another formidable ALT coin or just take the cash and run.

I suspect  this isn't a "Door Stop 2.0"  not for at least a 12 months.

klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:32:12 PM

SIA isn't forking plus the A3 doesn't nearly make that much. When all of batch 2 and dragonmint miners come online these miners will make about $4-6 a day. I've been mining with my first batch of A3's and haven't even recouped 1/3rd of their price. I was planning on just holding the coins and waiting for them to increase in value but everyone is just dumping them at stupid low values driving the coins price down. The people that bought the 2nd batch will be doing a lot better off then the lucky few people who managed to get theirs online within the first few days the A3's started shipping.
kodokbuduk

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

$25/day?? how?? am i missing something?
floppydisk

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

First generation A3 miners gains so much value, as reward in SiaCoin is much more PLUS value per coin is much more weeks ago. Too bad for those who did not cash out (keep hodl in coin), SC value drop to 25% only than the early days of A3.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:04:32 PM

$25/day?? how?? am i missing something?

$25/day at the time of the posting.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ruplikminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

Guys where di you buy the A3?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1296

Clueless!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:46:14 PM

The bitmain units complicate the problem of Sia-Coin price...but does not really effect the long term plan...except for those waiting for obelisk units...

Well...sia coin was always about asic's for the de-centralized anon storage plan....at $1 to $10 Amazon Cloud prices equivalent.

Sia-Tech and Devs have often (or did in 2017) talk about how the price of Siacoin was an 'illusion', because the 'worth' was in the above

network and the Asic's keeping it secure.

When there were only obelisk SC1's on the horizon (1st batch) the Sia-tech folk announced they thought they would have a 25%

inflation increase of coins per MONTH with the ASIC'S ..but that is what they wanted....the 'tokens' for the decentralized network

would determine the price ....ie how much cloud storage could they do...

now that bitmain made asic's ..they can do the same BEFORE the units they made come out and all is golden...of course having (5) of these

doorstops coming (and 1 free Aug decred miner from giving away coupons..hey...it worked) ...I HOPE there is enough of their vision

to make this work....but indeed the price of siacoin is NOT IMHO, going to be the determining factor..it is the decentralized network plan

if that don't fly ..there is just gonna be a lot of siacoin pumped out..and you will have like  the 2014 KNC Titans with a scrypt-N firmware update

for the 12-15 scrypt-N coins in existance back then (GPU coins) and 'poof' all the scrypt-N coins are 'worthless' in a week  and needed to fork

and scrypt-N protocol was dead ...(till garlicoin for 2 weeks anyway in 2018) ...

Bitmain's units will likely 'push out' anything that makes any sense for the sia obelisk units...in that they will be in play 2-3 months before

thus the network will work just dandy with bitmain units rather then siacoin units with NO distress to the sia-tech folk and their vision

So, just saying, the odds are long...but that has always been the bet by the sia tech folk...the price of sia coin is irrelevant to them and likely

now the equipment used on their vision obelisk (they got paid) and now bitmain, maybe the majority instead,  is also likely irrevelant...

it has always been about taking away a big chunk of Amazon and others that know you ...ie they can look at your cloud stuff..and..cloud

storage ...pricing it at 10% and making t decentralized and anonymous...the ASIC's are part of this...the price is not...the claim jumping cloud storage is the prize

likely my 5 obelisks are 'doorstops' but hey...now with the bitmain being first and such ...but I needed the equipment deductions..and understood the risks (at least till bitmain units)

that is why all this crypto stuff is always amended with the word: speculation ...after every sentence almost Smiley

you roll the dice, you take your chances...

but again, the sia-tech devs have never 1) cared about the price of siacoin...cause they knew the ASICs we're going to make a ton of coin...and that was before the bitmain A3 dump

2) they have already sold and been paid for all the obelisk units....so no issue there...sia-tech is covered and even

3) their view of storage is all..that is what makes or breaks their sia-tech idea...the above two things, don't mean squat to them

harsh, but true, IMHO

(always remember to keep your obelisk sc-1 units, unopened and kept inside the cardboard box they came in,  for ease of use in moving

them around, for doorstop purposes...just a small tip.)

Thus, bitmain wins (likely) in whatever scenario above, IF, and a big IF, the sia-tech network becomes what the sia-tech folk want it to be

thus if I owned a bitmain blake2b unit...I would NOT be too concerned about a fork.....it is likely, again IMHO, a non-issue to sia-tech on

their long-term plans (win or lose)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/19. It also works with Windows 10 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine! Five Minute Install! Look it over uninstalls just as fast! Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tekno2020

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

The bitmain units complicate the problem of Sia-Coin price...but does not really effect the long term plan...except for those waiting for obelisk units...

Well...sia coin was always about asic's for the de-centralized anon storage plan....at $1 to $10 Amazon Cloud prices equivalent.

Sia-Tech and Devs have often (or did in 2017) talk about how the price of Siacoin was an 'illusion', because the 'worth' was in the above

network and the Asic's keeping it secure.

When there were only obelisk SC1's on the horizon (1st batch) the Sia-tech folk announced they thought they would have a 25%

inflation increase of coins per MONTH with the ASIC'S ..but that is what they wanted....the 'tokens' for the decentralized network

would determine the price ....ie how much cloud storage could they do...

now that bitmain made asic's ..they can do the same BEFORE the units they made come out and all is golden...of course having (5) of these

doorstops coming (and 1 free Aug decred miner from giving away coupons..hey...it worked) ...I HOPE there is enough of their vision

to make this work....but indeed the price of siacoin is NOT IMHO, going to be the determining factor..it is the decentralized network plan

if that don't fly ..there is just gonna be a lot of siacoin pumped out..and you will have like  the 2014 KNC Titans with a scrypt-N firmware update

for the 12-15 scrypt-N coins in existance back then (GPU coins) and 'poof' all the scrypt-N coins are 'worthless' in a week  and needed to fork

and scrypt-N protocol was dead ...(till garlicoin for 2 weeks anyway in 2018) ...

Bitmain's units will likely 'push out' anything that makes any sense for the sia obelisk units...in that they will be in play 2-3 months before

thus the network will work just dandy with bitmain units rather then siacoin units with NO distress to the sia-tech folk and their vision

So, just saying, the odds are long...but that has always been the bet by the sia tech folk...the price of sia coin is irrelevant to them and likely

now the equipment used on their vision obelisk (they got paid) and now bitmain, maybe the majority instead,  is also likely irrevelant...

it has always been about taking away a big chunk of Amazon and others that know you ...ie they can look at your cloud stuff..and..cloud

storage ...pricing it at 10% and making t decentralized and anonymous...the ASIC's are part of this...the price is not...the claim jumping cloud storage is the prize

likely my 5 obelisks are 'doorstops' but hey...now with the bitmain being first and such ...but I needed the equipment deductions..and understood the risks (at least till bitmain units)

that is why all this crypto stuff is always amended with the word: speculation ...after every sentence almost Smiley

you roll the dice, you take your chances...

but again, the sia-tech devs have never 1) cared about the price of siacoin...cause they knew the ASICs we're going to make a ton of coin...and that was before the bitmain A3 dump

2) they have already sold and been paid for all the obelisk units....so no issue there...sia-tech is covered and even

3) their view of storage is all..that is what makes or breaks their sia-tech idea...the above two things, don't mean squat to them

harsh, but true, IMHO

(always remember to keep your obelisk sc-1 units, unopened and kept inside the cardboard box they came in,  for ease of use in moving

them around, for doorstop purposes...just a small tip.)

Thus, bitmain wins (likely) in whatever scenario above, IF, and a big IF, the sia-tech network becomes what the sia-tech folk want it to be

thus if I owned a bitmain blake2b unit...I would NOT be too concerned about a fork.....it is likely, again IMHO, a non-issue to sia-tech on

their long-term plans (win or lose)

The inflation of Siacoin should level out somewhere around 2020 when the decreasing block reward size will stabilize at 30,000SC per block reward every 10 minutes.  As long at the dev team is successful at encouraging adoption, then demand for Siacoin will be fine in the long run.  Sure there will be small level of continued inflation, but storage demand will hopefully out strip this supply.

Just think about it..... in 2020.....  144 blocks are found each day which is equivalent to 4,320,000 Siacoin/day being generated.  At today's price of $0.012 per SC, that is $51,840 in Siacoin a day being generated, or $1,555,200 per month, and only $18.6M per year.

The cloud storage market is anticipated to be over $88 Billion by 2022.  https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/cloud-storage.asp

If Sia is able to capture even a small fraction of this market (say quarter percent - 0.25%-),,,, then they will be fine and the price of Siacoin will explode.

I fully expect demand to outstrip supply and the price of Siacoin to go exponential at some point.  Just mine and hold,,,, mine and hold.

Of course all of this is predicated on the Sia team being able to execute,,,,which there are plenty of questionmarks

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

These prices are valid only if you are a citizen of the US
In Europe and especially in my country the price is doubled up easily

for example, one PSU from bitmain will have a final cost of around 300 in euro, which includes shipping, taxes and customs (original price is $105)
R0mi

Activity: 306
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:53:57 AM

for example, one PSU from bitmain will have a final cost of around 300 in euro, which includes shipping, taxes and customs (original price is $105)

Cheer up, batch 4 of the Obelisk miners are now on sale.  :-P

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
VoskCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 1078
Merit: 441

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:07:41 PM

Cheer up, batch 4 of the Obelisk miners are now on sale.  :-P
I cannot believe that . . lol, I said this awhile ago and still firmly believe it. . If SIA forked to a GPU algo like equihash they would be much better off. I think they'll use their "killswitch" and fork their asics onto the network. I just do not understand how people do not realize that ASICs will be dominated by these power players PERIOD

Obelisk was beyond naive if they thought they could casually develop their own ASIC miner and big bad bitmain was just going to sit by idly. They asked for ASIC's and here they are, Monero is forking their ASICs off their networks, good for them.

Anyway it's exciting to watch

ASIC's = Zerg //// Marines = GPU -> ASIC ///// Battlecruiser is the power to hardfork off of ASICs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VsdKesdaKs&t=26s

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.