Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11681 times)
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

Batch 2 started shipping.

Got a batch 2 unit today.

$980 + $150 Shipping = $1130

$1130/$25day = 45-60 days you need to touch ROI
When is happening the SIA fork ?

$25/day?? how?? am i missing something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
floppydisk

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

First generation A3 miners gains so much value, as reward in SiaCoin is much more PLUS value per coin is much more weeks ago. Too bad for those who did not cash out (keep hodl in coin), SC value drop to 25% only than the early days of A3.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:04:32 PM

$25/day?? how?? am i missing something?

$25/day at the time of the posting.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

Guys where di you buy the A3?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:46:14 PM

The bitmain units complicate the problem of Sia-Coin price...but does not really effect the long term plan...except for those waiting for obelisk units...

Well...sia coin was always about asic's for the de-centralized anon storage plan....at $1 to $10 Amazon Cloud prices equivalent.

Sia-Tech and Devs have often (or did in 2017) talk about how the price of Siacoin was an 'illusion', because the 'worth' was in the above

network and the Asic's keeping it secure.

When there were only obelisk SC1's on the horizon (1st batch) the Sia-tech folk announced they thought they would have a 25%

inflation increase of coins per MONTH with the ASIC'S ..but that is what they wanted....the 'tokens' for the decentralized network

would determine the price ....ie how much cloud storage could they do...

now that bitmain made asic's ..they can do the same BEFORE the units they made come out and all is golden...of course having (5) of these

doorstops coming (and 1 free Aug decred miner from giving away coupons..hey...it worked) ...I HOPE there is enough of their vision

to make this work....but indeed the price of siacoin is NOT IMHO, going to be the determining factor..it is the decentralized network plan

if that don't fly ..there is just gonna be a lot of siacoin pumped out..and you will have like  the 2014 KNC Titans with a scrypt-N firmware update

for the 12-15 scrypt-N coins in existance back then (GPU coins) and 'poof' all the scrypt-N coins are 'worthless' in a week  and needed to fork

and scrypt-N protocol was dead ...(till garlicoin for 2 weeks anyway in 2018) ...

Bitmain's units will likely 'push out' anything that makes any sense for the sia obelisk units...in that they will be in play 2-3 months before

thus the network will work just dandy with bitmain units rather then siacoin units with NO distress to the sia-tech folk and their vision

So, just saying, the odds are long...but that has always been the bet by the sia tech folk...the price of sia coin is irrelevant to them and likely

now the equipment used on their vision obelisk (they got paid) and now bitmain, maybe the majority instead,  is also likely irrevelant...

it has always been about taking away a big chunk of Amazon and others that know you ...ie they can look at your cloud stuff..and..cloud

storage ...pricing it at 10% and making t decentralized and anonymous...the ASIC's are part of this...the price is not...the claim jumping cloud storage is the prize

likely my 5 obelisks are 'doorstops' but hey...now with the bitmain being first and such ...but I needed the equipment deductions..and understood the risks (at least till bitmain units)

that is why all this crypto stuff is always amended with the word: speculation ...after every sentence almost Smiley

you roll the dice, you take your chances...

but again, the sia-tech devs have never 1) cared about the price of siacoin...cause they knew the ASICs we're going to make a ton of coin...and that was before the bitmain A3 dump

2) they have already sold and been paid for all the obelisk units....so no issue there...sia-tech is covered and even

3) their view of storage is all..that is what makes or breaks their sia-tech idea...the above two things, don't mean squat to them

harsh, but true, IMHO

(always remember to keep your obelisk sc-1 units, unopened and kept inside the cardboard box they came in,  for ease of use in moving

them around, for doorstop purposes...just a small tip.)

Thus, bitmain wins (likely) in whatever scenario above, IF, and a big IF, the sia-tech network becomes what the sia-tech folk want it to be

thus if I owned a bitmain blake2b unit...I would NOT be too concerned about a fork.....it is likely, again IMHO, a non-issue to sia-tech on

their long-term plans (win or lose)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

The bitmain units complicate the problem of Sia-Coin price...but does not really effect the long term plan...except for those waiting for obelisk units...

Well...sia coin was always about asic's for the de-centralized anon storage plan....at $1 to $10 Amazon Cloud prices equivalent.

Sia-Tech and Devs have often (or did in 2017) talk about how the price of Siacoin was an 'illusion', because the 'worth' was in the above

network and the Asic's keeping it secure.

When there were only obelisk SC1's on the horizon (1st batch) the Sia-tech folk announced they thought they would have a 25%

inflation increase of coins per MONTH with the ASIC'S ..but that is what they wanted....the 'tokens' for the decentralized network

would determine the price ....ie how much cloud storage could they do...

now that bitmain made asic's ..they can do the same BEFORE the units they made come out and all is golden...of course having (5) of these

doorstops coming (and 1 free Aug decred miner from giving away coupons..hey...it worked) ...I HOPE there is enough of their vision

to make this work....but indeed the price of siacoin is NOT IMHO, going to be the determining factor..it is the decentralized network plan

if that don't fly ..there is just gonna be a lot of siacoin pumped out..and you will have like  the 2014 KNC Titans with a scrypt-N firmware update

for the 12-15 scrypt-N coins in existance back then (GPU coins) and 'poof' all the scrypt-N coins are 'worthless' in a week  and needed to fork

and scrypt-N protocol was dead ...(till garlicoin for 2 weeks anyway in 2018) ...

Bitmain's units will likely 'push out' anything that makes any sense for the sia obelisk units...in that they will be in play 2-3 months before

thus the network will work just dandy with bitmain units rather then siacoin units with NO distress to the sia-tech folk and their vision

So, just saying, the odds are long...but that has always been the bet by the sia tech folk...the price of sia coin is irrelevant to them and likely

now the equipment used on their vision obelisk (they got paid) and now bitmain, maybe the majority instead,  is also likely irrevelant...

it has always been about taking away a big chunk of Amazon and others that know you ...ie they can look at your cloud stuff..and..cloud

storage ...pricing it at 10% and making t decentralized and anonymous...the ASIC's are part of this...the price is not...the claim jumping cloud storage is the prize

likely my 5 obelisks are 'doorstops' but hey...now with the bitmain being first and such ...but I needed the equipment deductions..and understood the risks (at least till bitmain units)

that is why all this crypto stuff is always amended with the word: speculation ...after every sentence almost Smiley

you roll the dice, you take your chances...

but again, the sia-tech devs have never 1) cared about the price of siacoin...cause they knew the ASICs we're going to make a ton of coin...and that was before the bitmain A3 dump

2) they have already sold and been paid for all the obelisk units....so no issue there...sia-tech is covered and even

3) their view of storage is all..that is what makes or breaks their sia-tech idea...the above two things, don't mean squat to them

harsh, but true, IMHO

(always remember to keep your obelisk sc-1 units, unopened and kept inside the cardboard box they came in,  for ease of use in moving

them around, for doorstop purposes...just a small tip.)

Thus, bitmain wins (likely) in whatever scenario above, IF, and a big IF, the sia-tech network becomes what the sia-tech folk want it to be

thus if I owned a bitmain blake2b unit...I would NOT be too concerned about a fork.....it is likely, again IMHO, a non-issue to sia-tech on

their long-term plans (win or lose)

The inflation of Siacoin should level out somewhere around 2020 when the decreasing block reward size will stabilize at 30,000SC per block reward every 10 minutes.  As long at the dev team is successful at encouraging adoption, then demand for Siacoin will be fine in the long run.  Sure there will be small level of continued inflation, but storage demand will hopefully out strip this supply.

Just think about it..... in 2020.....  144 blocks are found each day which is equivalent to 4,320,000 Siacoin/day being generated.  At today's price of $0.012 per SC, that is $51,840 in Siacoin a day being generated, or $1,555,200 per month, and only $18.6M per year.

The cloud storage market is anticipated to be over $88 Billion by 2022.  https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/cloud-storage.asp

If Sia is able to capture even a small fraction of this market (say quarter percent - 0.25%-),,,, then they will be fine and the price of Siacoin will explode.

I fully expect demand to outstrip supply and the price of Siacoin to go exponential at some point.  Just mine and hold,,,, mine and hold.

Of course all of this is predicated on the Sia team being able to execute,,,,which there are plenty of questionmarks

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

These prices are valid only if you are a citizen of the US
In Europe and especially in my country the price is doubled up easily

for example, one PSU from bitmain will have a final cost of around 300 in euro, which includes shipping, taxes and customs (original price is $105)
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:53:57 AM

for example, one PSU from bitmain will have a final cost of around 300 in euro, which includes shipping, taxes and customs (original price is $105)

Cheer up, batch 4 of the Obelisk miners are now on sale.  :-P

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:07:41 PM

Cheer up, batch 4 of the Obelisk miners are now on sale.  :-P
I cannot believe that . . lol, I said this awhile ago and still firmly believe it. . If SIA forked to a GPU algo like equihash they would be much better off. I think they'll use their "killswitch" and fork their asics onto the network. I just do not understand how people do not realize that ASICs will be dominated by these power players PERIOD

Obelisk was beyond naive if they thought they could casually develop their own ASIC miner and big bad bitmain was just going to sit by idly. They asked for ASIC's and here they are, Monero is forking their ASICs off their networks, good for them.

Anyway it's exciting to watch

ASIC's = Zerg //// Marines = GPU -> ASIC ///// Battlecruiser is the power to hardfork off of ASICs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VsdKesdaKs&t=26s

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:30 PM

ASIC A3 only make a little under 10$ per day  right now and ROI has come from 1-2 months to the whole year with power price included, not worth it
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 711
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:15:55 PM

I have two antminers A3 for sale, brand new in box with psus.

Quebec-Canada.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3180476.msg32939312#msg32939312
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:24:48 PM

I have two antminers A3 for sale, brand new in box with psus.

Quebec-Canada.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3180476.msg32939312#msg32939312

Good foy ya. I see the perfomance is not near it was early this month
shater

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:36:51 AM

ASIC A3 only make a little under 10$ per day  right now and ROI has come from 1-2 months to the whole year with power price included, not worth it

Man, the ROI just collapsed ever since the release of A3. Couple that with general bear market trends, just makes mining the more difficult. Tough timing imho.
floppydisk

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:49:46 AM

Man, the ROI just collapsed ever since the release of A3. Couple that with general bear market trends, just makes mining the more difficult. Tough timing imho.

Current yield USD6.25/day.
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:15:43 PM

I live in MI and its about $3 after electricity.... Bitmain really flooded the market and there was no need for a second batch. Anyone who bought the first batch got screwed and were better off waiting to buy batch 2 to get screwed.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

I live in MI and its about $3 after electricity.... Bitmain really flooded the market and there was no need for a second batch. Anyone who bought the first batch got screwed and were better off waiting to buy batch 2 to get screwed.

Idk what you mean batch 1 make back what it costed.  I bought two batch one and the mined over 300k sia

batch 2 were the idiots they should have know
rogerthat55

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:35:41 PM

Idk what you mean batch 1 make back what it costed.  I bought two batch one and the mined over 300k sia

I'm not sure how everyone was able to make their money back so fast on the A3 Batch 1. I bought one A3 from Batch 1, and I've mined only 86k SIA. I did miss out on the first few days of mining because of UPS problems, so I started mining right when it was $30/day or 1,600 SIA. I haven't sold any coins, and at the current SIA price, I'm sitting on $970, roughly half of what it cost me (miner + psu + shipping + import taxes + fiat to crypto fee). I'm sure if I would of sold some of my coins to fiat early on, then it would seem to be profitable, but at this point, I'm just hodling.
floppydisk

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:54:37 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 06:16:30 PM by floppydisk

Idk what you mean batch 1 make back what it costed.  I bought two batch one and the mined over 300k sia

I'm not sure how everyone was able to make their money back so fast on the A3 Batch 1. I bought one A3 from Batch 1, and I've mined only 86k SIA. I did miss out on the first few days of mining because of UPS problems, so I started mining right when it was $30/day or 1,600 SIA. I haven't sold any coins, and at the current SIA price, I'm sitting on $970, roughly half of what it cost me (miner + psu + shipping + import taxes + fiat to crypto fee). I'm sure if I would of sold some of my coins to fiat early on, then it would seem to be profitable, but at this point, I'm just hodling.

You will ROI only if you cash out as you earn your coins, that time SC worth about USD 0.05 ea. But HODL-ing while the price is keep going down is in a way eroding fiat equitable value. So in short those who cash out / flip to USDT from beginning should ROI. But for those who HODL-ing since beginning, you're merely collecting coins that worth USD1,000 plus minus at current coin value. HODL works only if the fiat equitable value is uptrending.
dnssandbox

Activity: 57
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:55:40 PM

Idk what you mean batch 1 make back what it costed.  I bought two batch one and the mined over 300k sia

Agreed.

I am sitting at roughly 110,000 and holding.

I don't see how anyone could have already made their money back even if they received theirs a couple days before I did. Unless they are basing it on what the price was at the time of purchase or a future price.

Even those that were able to cash out weekly at the time of mining couldn't have made their money back yet in my opinion.. not when the price was 02 -.03 cents

I am not worried though. I will just keep mining my 600+ coins per day and wait for the market to move in the right direction again.
rogerthat55

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:21:25 PM

I'm sitting on $970, roughly half of what it cost me

I take that back. It cost me $3,000 to get the miner and PSU in my hand, so I'm sitting on 1/3 of what I paid.

I will just keep mining my 600+ coins per day and wait for the market to move in the right direction again.

That's what I'm doing. My electricity isn't bad, so I figure as long as the price of the coins is higher than the electricity (cheaper than buying the coins directly), I will just keep on mining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: