Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This can be addictive!!  (Read 3739 times)
shvarzc

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:11:47 PM

I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.

A happy middle usually comes along with experience and a higher level of professionalism. In general, all the beginner's feelings are about the same .. so it's normal. The market is not a place for weak people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mark-Krawed

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:14:47 PM

Definitely and absolutely correct crpto are so addictive especially when you have a target that you want to achieve.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:22:49 PM

If you check prices often it really can become stressful to you. I know it is hard to stay away from the price checking when you invested big money and especially when you bought a coin by some higher price when it's currently. But as my friend says the best form of investment is to buy and "forget", of course in the meaning to check prices seldom, like a cold storage.
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:30:05 PM

I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.

You have got the best advice. The market can be so crazy and manipulated so it is best to reduce the rate at which you check trades. It is best you hodl for a long term and then exist when the value of your investment go really high

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:30:36 PM

This is why i am an advocate of long-term investment/trading of cryptos. You will have nothing to be worried about and have time for other things.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:13:32 PM

Getting addictive to checking the market is not bad at all. As a matter of fact, it is a passion. If you want to achieve a goal, set your eyes on it, and definitely, you will realize it.  Failure is on the way. Yet, without a strong willpower and determination, you will never be able to continue your journey.

That is why I always check the market even when I am outside home; at the cafe, my friend's house, with my girlfriend. It does not matter as long as I see how the market is doing.
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:23:31 PM

Dude keep your thought flow steady and strong when you are into a business. This is what is going to make you run longer with ups and downs. Nothing become addicted unless you loose your control on it. Nothing becomes special and worthy unless you think that they are special and worthy. You need to update yourselves to provide accurate information and handle trading. What if you ignore and skip the right time to sell and loose profits. So stay pro active if you are in trading as well doing other business. Cheers dude...
kickero0O

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

Haha thats true, and its not only you but most of us who are starters experience it. When I have my firs several tokens from exchange on my blockfolio, I always referesh its value. Even now,from time to time I am checking it. I can really relate what you are talking  Grin Grin Grin

███ ███ ███ ███ ███       Node      |      INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY FOR WIRELESS ENERGY       ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
[   P R E - I T O   ►   Dec 7th - Jan 7th   ] (http://www.nodepower.io/)
FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/nodepower.eu/)  TWITTER (https://twitter.com/nodepower_eu)  INSTAGRAM (https://www.instagram.com/nodepower.eu/)  SLACK (https://join.slack.com/t/node-technology/shared_invite/enQtMjQ2MDQxNjY2ODA0LThlMmIzZmY3ZDc5NmU3M2UwYTU4MDZjYWUyYjRmNzc0M2QxMzFjNDcyYzU2ZTg1YWFjYTM3YmMzOWY4Y2Y5NGI/)  REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/user/nodepower/)  |  WHITEPAPER  | (http://www.nodepower.io/whitepaper.pdf)  MEDIUM (https://medium.com/@nodepower)  TELEGRAM (https://t.me/nodeofficial/)  YOUTUBE (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyeSKoizPsbmchL9MNzT1w/)  LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/company/18262353/)  GITHUB (https://github.com/nodepower/)
turbospeedens

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:51:09 PM

my wife tells me i check too much blockfolio, and its true, just hold and check once or twice a day to satisfy your urges, and have a target for each coin, so when you reach it you can sell it and enjoy the profits or invest in another project.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:58:00 PM
Merited by Victor Beckham (1)

It is addictive! Investing in crypto is like sport betting, but you cannot watch the game Smiley You can only see the statistic and this is exactly what you are doing every 20 minutes.

My advice: Buy some coins that you keep as a long term investment and hold it for a week. Make yourself check it once a day only. That is it! But you must be certain that you are not going to sell it if price raise or drop. This way you don't need to check it every hour, because nothing will change for you.

pinkliar

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:00:20 PM

It is addictive! Investing in crypto is like sport betting, but you cannot watch the game Smiley You can only see the statistic and this is exactly what you are doing every 20 minutes.

My advice: Buy some coins that you keep as a long term investment and hold it for a week. Make yourself check it once a day only. That is it! But you must be certain that you are not going to sell it if price raise or drop. This way you don't need to check it every hour, because nothing will change for you.

Once and for all we are in a case that we all know how this may be addictive for and for me this is what some and all that wanted for and this is may based for all of us that we are been addictive for.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

I think what most people don't define clearly when they get into the space is if they are a trader, investor or both. If you are an investor there is no need to keep checking the priceof the coin even when the price dipped is when you should be buying, all you need is a is platform like Altcoinpocket.io to monitor the growth of your portfolio
BayAgapito

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:46:54 AM

You need to have a proper time management if you are really into crypto trading,sometimes you will forget everything you need to everytime you are trading,you will forget to eat,bathe,and sleep so you need to fix your time schedule,i suggest you get make some checklist in your phone to remind you everytime you are forget something,do not abuse your self,because health is more important than money.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

crypto can be addictive but make sure you don't lose the feeling with the real world. can be hard at times but it important to keep a good balance

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
olya_n

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

Go out and enjoy your life, the market is very volatile, you will get profit in the end but good things take time, don't panic sell, hold anything until you are on profit (exception exists).Good luck !

You said well, that's right! Do not obsessed up and not sit around the clock at the monitor in anticipation of the "green" world of crypto currency. ))))
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:23:00 PM

Control yourself, you just need to hold your tokens and check it after a year or 2. There are other things that you can do. Your life doesn't end on doing investments on altcoin. Think of it as a backup investment that will grow. I understand that you are new, craving to learn about altcoins and I feel that way before but after 5-6 months it will pass.

Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:35:53 PM

The Crypto market is a very volatile one, so checking the 'gains' and 'loss' will no doubt make one an addict.
The truth is that any good coin will appreciate in price over time and you can make profit. Hold and relax!
George51rus

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

Yes, it's definitely an addiction. even if you made millions, you will want to earn more and more. there is nothing you can do about it.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

I find myself obsessive to crypto, and here you are right, friend. But I love this addiction as it does not let me sitting doing nothing — trading push my brains working and I stay active all the time, especially when I succeed.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:41:12 PM

Well you have a good point there. For, me i'm not too obsessed in looking up to the price everyday cause a good portfolio means a good profit just hodl on to it. There's a little chance of loss if you had researched on what tokens you investing on.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: