Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think members can rank up with the new merit system?
Yes - 95 (30.3%)
No - 178 (56.7%)
Both - 14 (4.5%)
Not sure - 27 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 314

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The reality is 99.9% members can never rank up with the new merit system.  (Read 4051 times)
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:06:43 PM

We can rank up soon, after a year perhaps. Then after that, if no one give me merit after creating quality posts, then I'll take another alternative to gather them. Don't ask me how hahaha I won't tell you anyway.

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:13:01 PM

We will need to see how it works out in a few months to truly see if it is improving or making things worse, it is a welcome addition to the site as I was wondering a while ago what more could be done especially when you reach the top ranks there isn't anywhere else to rank up to, this obviously still remains the same but it is nice to have Merits which can change.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:23:34 PM

What is the need to rise in rank quickly?

Some people want higher rank ( more pennies from signature campaign )

We can rank up soon, after a year perhaps. Then after that, if no one give me merit after creating quality posts, then I'll take another alternative to gather them. Don't ask me how hahaha I won't tell you anyway.

If you break it down, you totally can see that you only need 1 merit / day on average to rank up. It wont be hard if you post daily

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cazemiro

Activity: 252
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

Of course, now is really difficult to climbing rank position! but is the difficult for everyone, and a lot of will give up. The forum will have more quality content, let's go to adapt!
In my opinion, only the transaction should was different, the merit points should be proporcional to your present rank, with more fraction for rank.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:24:51 PM

Lets wait then in a couple of months. too early to whine for the new system.  Some whining already just like want to eat the cake when not yet bake.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
The Cryptoclast

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:29:26 PM

This is the first impression that you get from the new system, but I think that this is not true. Lower ranks don't need so many merits to rank up, and if they do quality posts they are likely to get them. Of course, the merit system may slow down their rank climbing, but I don't see this as a problem.
This is however more true for members who are already middle-high ranked and are now close to their next rank. They have spent months or years to gain their activity points and now suddenly they are now missing the equivalent merit points, which will take them other months or years to gain. This is the aspect of the reform which should still be fine-tuned.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:58:00 PM

Why a Legendary member should "lose time" to give Merit Points to anyone else?
This is the main reason that will make this new system fail.

it is not about losing time,me,for example,I don't mind meriting posts that I find helpful,ineresting or humorous
there is no point for me to sit on my merit,I have no need for it other than to mark the posts and the posters that I think are contributing to the forum,making it better
for lower ranked members who have to level up,this is a valuable resource
for higher ranked members like legendaries it is something you don't have to sweat over too much
with time,when the hype subsides and the system shows its pluses and minuses,I'm sure we will see tweaks and adjustments by theymos
after all the main idea is not to make the life harder for the new members but to encourage them to be more creative and have more substance in their posts

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:33:07 AM

Guys, we must realize that this system of merit MUST work, one way or another, otherwise the possibility of wearing signatures for campaigns will have to be removed to save this forum from drowning in the rising tsunami of nonsense shitposting. Therefore instead of complaining let's start to think at possible ways to improve it, since it probably need some improvement. Let's thing at something, in a constructive way, all of us.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

One thing missed. I'm not lazy, I just don't have sMerit to encourage good posters. I spend one and now I need to write a quality post which probably will be skipped or recognized by replying "thank you" because a person doesn't have sMerits in return. Some Legendary and Hero members trying to help new members, but most just send sMerits to each other rising their pride and keeping bounty money to themselves.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:10:49 PM

One thing missed. I'm not lazy, I just don't have sMerit to encourage good posters. I spend one and now I need to write a quality post which probably will be skipped or recognized by replying "thank you" because a person doesn't have sMerits in return. Some Legendary and Hero members trying to help new members, but most just send sMerits to each other rising their pride and keeping bounty money to themselves.

With that attitude you will not go ahead. It is not to put a label on all senior members. Also, do you think senior members have all the merit points ? They got more merit points by default (and smerits as well) but that is temporary. That will be gone in a month or so. Merit sources have most of the merits to give and you should expect them to be impartial as they are hired by admin.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:37:15 PM

I find it funny how the hero and legendary members defend the system they got so easily grandfathered in to. The funniest part is that they have yet to score 1 merit on top of what they were gifted. Heh.

And by score I mean earn it, not get it by trading merit with your buddies.

I haven't traded any merit.  You can review my Merit at anytime - I am spreading it out to many users.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=30747

Do you see any kind of pattern?  Recognize any buddy trends?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
rin992014

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:34:22 PM

I think this is a hot issue right now .. And this problem always has questions and answers that I still can not see
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:41:40 PM

I find it funny how the hero and legendary members defend the system they got so easily grandfathered in to. The funniest part is that they have yet to score 1 merit on top of what they were gifted. Heh.

And by score I mean earn it, not get it by trading merit with your buddies.

That's pretty insulting, but I understand why you made the post, you seem to spend all your time in the Alt section. Out here in the real Bitcoin world, that isn't true.

btw - I put you on ignore.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:47:08 PM

I do not like the new system of merits and I will not give any argument against, I have not come to that.
What I can assure you is that the system does not work if its usefulness is to have more quality content, at least in the local section of Spanish which is where I participate the most. I still see spam and post without quality, so the measure of the smerit has not been deterrent for spammers and yet has been detrimental to several.
We can provide quality content that nobody gives you smerit, maybe because they do not have I do not know but I was missing a couple of post to be hero when this new system of merit arrived, yuhu!

DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:53:16 PM

The good: Only the quality posters will rank up.

That's exactly i want.Also everyone wants except few scammers or account farmer's.

The bad: Even if you post quality contents you may not get many merits by the people.

I don't think so.If you make quality posts on mega thread like 100+ page, no body will see that.So that won't help you to earn merit.You have to post on serious topic to gain merits.

Share your thoughts about this merit system latest development, thanks Smiley   
IMO is it's a wise decision from thymos.We should accept it and keep going.We are here just not for earning merits and rank up.We better focus on learning crypto currency and making wonderful career.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
And lastly, I will suggest you to stop making these useless thread.You won't get merit for this kind of stupid thread.

lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:08:54 AM

But the fact is 99.9% of the users only want to rank up cause it could bring more money. But bitcointalk is a forum and a community and people should ranked up for good content. At least it's also better for campaign manager to reach only the good content writer and less spamming newbies with fast growing accs.

I hope soon there will be not so many "Whats this merit?" or "I want rank up but merit stops me!" threads anymore.

Think about, real new users come now and don't know how "easy" the old system was to rank up. The new system is the first they lern and they don't will cry cause they didn't got in touch with the old system.

So in the end, all people that cry now are only here to earn money and maybe have multiple accounts and spam around sensless only to gain posts and ranks.

If you don't be like this - take it as challenge! Go for legendary now - if you got it, you deserve it!  Wink

PS: GIMME MERIT PLS I NEED 1337 !

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:01:12 AM

The new merit system just slows down the process of ranking up. For me, it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. It was a regulation that was too perfect that not all people can practice. As of now, I am seeing that it is not useful 99% of the time because not all quality posts are given credits. And besides, can we take note that we all judge posts differently? This is why I don't think it is a fair fight for lower rank members.

evdokimo

Activity: 40
Merit: 9

Support life!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:06:38 AM

I am up for the challenge. Ready to work for the remaining 0.1 % and I am new here so have a lot of time.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 12:20:44 AM by LogitechMouse

To be honest when I see this new merit system and what it can gives the community, I see it as a good thing although I put into my mind also that I will be a full member for a long time (about a year or 2) or maybe forever. Yes maybe its true that 99.9% of the members here will never rank up again like me but if this is the only solution to remove shitposters here who are posting just shitty posts in order to rank up then let it be.

Because of this reality, maybe one time I will see a member rank with more than 1000 activities.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:02:56 PM
Merited by cybersofts (2)

Let's say that your statistics are right, that only 0.1% of the totality of the members would be the only ones who would rank up while the rest would remain with their ranks, so what? Why is ranking up so important? Is it because of the big pay? Ranking up should be the least of anyone's concern if their intention in this forum is genuine and that is to learn, educate, and help one another when it comes to dealing with cryptocurrency. If one does not receive merit even though they are doing a great job in being constructive, then they should not feel bad about it because at the end of the day, merit is just a recognition. What matters is you're being a responsible member of this forum. The merit should just be a bonus, other than that one should remember that posting something interesting or informative is a duty, spamming is not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: