Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Script :: Bitcoin Bank (Borrow+Deposit) Software :: Demo Available  (Read 111134 times)
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Bad news is that we might be the last one to get on the repayment queue and our repayment portion might be lower in the worst case, depending on how TF would manage our stuff.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:01:51 PM

...Good  news is that since CL is asset backed, the impact of Inputs to us is lower...

Sorry that isn't true. We're impacted as much or even more (since we're deprioritized?) than Inputs.io users.

Inputs does not lend out money, it does not have assets, it does not have shares, etc. It's much simpler to manage than coinlenders, which is why it is being done first.

I understand that people want more information but nothing has been finalized yet, and you'll receive an email when there's updates.
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:12:15 PM

I found this post from tradefortress in another thread.
According to that post, CL depositors are safe as "Inputs user balances will never be used to pay off CL debt.".
Also security/hacks isn't a risk ...  Lips sealed

There's no fractional reserve for Inputs. Inputs user balances will never be used to pay off CL debt. The only threat is if I am untrustworthy and decide to steal all the coins, which doesn't align up as CL balances have been steadily going down, people are withdrawing in panic due to the higher BTC price, BF / Btct.co closure, etc, and what do you see? Smiley

Security / hacks isn't a risk was Inputs uses cold wallets (duplicated & backed up).
thisisgil

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:44:16 PM

Hrrrm

I've read through the last 10 or so pages here but I'm still not entirely sure of the implications of the input.io on the coins I was storing in coinlenders that I intended to use towards my wedding next summer. Pro tip: I don't need to hear "you're stupid, dude" because anybody is a genius with the near-useless gift of hindsight.

It seems a bit harsh that I may lose some of my btc because of a hack on another service - one that I didn't even want to, or ask to use. Inputs.io was kind of forced upon us, we used to be able to throw coins into coinlenders through an address. Therefore, if inputs.io is hacked, inputs.io should bear the brunt, and not coinlenders customers just because we happen to use a service owned by the same guy.

I'm waiting to find out what happens next, but to be honest, I'm not too optimistic - my coins are currently stuck in a CD that should have paid out on the 6th, but instead is sitting there generating satoshis into the abyss.

Interested to know when this news broke - was it before or after the 6th November? If it was after, this would seem to indicate knowledge that this was about to go down by virtue of my CD not paying out and just sitting in limbo!

What next for those of us who are coinlender customers? Do we have to email, or just wait? A FAQ may be good.

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
001sonkit

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 03:05:11 PM

...Good  news is that since CL is asset backed, the impact of Inputs to us is lower...

Sorry that isn't true. We're impacted as much or even more (since we're deprioritized?) than Inputs.io users.

Inputs does not lend out money, it does not have assets, it does not have shares, etc. It's much simpler to manage than coinlenders, which is why it is being done first.

I understand that people want more information but nothing has been finalized yet, and you'll receive an email when there's updates.
Since there is no reply from the inputs email. I'll fwd the question to you

@TradeFortress

1: what is the Inputs.io unimpacted balance (you can also answer percentage, I saw in a random refund is ~75% 1.61/2.14)
2: how much portion of Coinlenders' coin is on Inputs.io

Thanks

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

Doesnt't look good.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.msg3505336#msg3505336

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:16:58 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 03:30:40 PM by The 4ner

Hrrrm

I've read through the last 10 or so pages here but I'm still not entirely sure of the implications of the input.io on the coins I was storing in coinlenders that I intended to use towards my wedding next summer. Pro tip: I don't need to hear "you're stupid, dude" because anybody is a genius with the near-useless gift of hindsight.

It seems a bit harsh that I may lose some of my btc because of a hack on another service - one that I didn't even want to, or ask to use. Inputs.io was kind of forced upon us, we used to be able to throw coins into coinlenders through an address. Therefore, if inputs.io is hacked, inputs.io should bear the brunt, and not coinlenders customers just because we happen to use a service owned by the same guy.

I'm waiting to find out what happens next, but to be honest, I'm not too optimistic - my coins are currently stuck in a CD that should have paid out on the 6th, but instead is sitting there generating satoshis into the abyss.

Interested to know when this news broke - was it before or after the 6th November? If it was after, this would seem to indicate knowledge that this was about to go down by virtue of my CD not paying out and just sitting in limbo!

What next for those of us who are coinlender customers? Do we have to email, or just wait? A FAQ may be good.

Seriously. I too have a CD due this November and am simply hoping for the best. It sucks having waited 6 damn months to not reap the profits! :/
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:17:42 PM

Hrrrm

Seriously. I too have a CD dues this November and am simply hoping for the best. It sucks having waited 6 damn months to not reap the profits! :/

All we can do is wait...
christmas

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:24:01 PM

If 4100 BTC were stolen, which address were they sent to?

Publish the blockchain info for the stolen coins, otherwise it's safe to assume there were no stolen coins.

Here you go.

http://blockchain.info/tx/9536feebe3a50b94f85ca27d56e669a7209bd4188385d55c5b97227c95cf7f74

The stolen coins are still unspent in https://blockchain.info/address/1EMztWbGCBBrUAHquVeNjWpJKcB8gBzAFx

it's happened 2 weeks ago !!
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:43:07 PM

I really hope this gets resolved soon and I want some of my coins back...sighs.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:45:04 PM

I really hope this gets resolved soon and I want some of my coins back...sighs.
We all want that...
ChaosFox

Activity: 178

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:53:32 PM

Pretty sure by now we won't get all of our money back at this stage. :/ I had a really bad feeling when TF saved his own rear by saying CoinLenders was just a "demo" and none of the investments were real and with no guarantees. It seemed reasonable then. I should have acted on that then. I just hope he had some money on his reserves, at least to partially pay any CoinLenders "investors".

Look! An ad-free signature!
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:54:35 PM

Other users have been paid back in full for CD's.

TF stated that CL balances would never be used to pay back inputs.io balances.  I guess we wait and see.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
ChaosFox

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:58:39 PM

TF stated that CL balances would never be used to pay back inputs.io balances.  I guess we wait and see.

Someone on Reddit reported they just got paid half of their CL balance. I don't know if there's much left for the rest of the payments and if there is on assets, how long it'll take to liquidate them.

cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:02:50 PM

Someone on Reddit reported they just got paid half of their CL balance. I don't know if there's much left for the rest of the payments and if there is on assets, how long it'll take to liquidate them.

I contacted TF, he said that CL balances will be refunded next week, but no information if fully or partially.
ChaosFox

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:06:24 PM

I contacted TF, he said that CL balances will be refunded next week, but no information if fully or partially.

Let's all hope he keeps his word then.  Embarrassed Nothing else until now would have me made doubt it.

001sonkit

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:39:17 PM

Sometimes your own instincts is the best to listen to.

I also remembered a post that you removed but i can't find it coz it is full of ***** or symbols. Can't find.
I seems pissing here but really, really if you want your future in Bitcoin to be better. Don't do sth for doing it, blindly. Think of what you are doing, listen to your heart.

bruiser

Activity: 68
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:57:46 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 05:28:15 PM by bruiser

This is just disappointing.

Does anyone know if this affects our coinlender's balance as well? (It was not in inputs.io account but I'm guessing they're all shared anyways)
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:52:36 PM

Coinlenders assets were in the inputs wallet.
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:53:59 PM

Coinlenders assets were in the inputs wallet.

Well a large chunk of the coins would have to be lent out otherwise there is no way that it could have sustained the interest rates it was paying.  In theory there is no reason these loans won't still be collected.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: