Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Script :: Bitcoin Bank (Borrow+Deposit) Software :: Demo Available  (Read 111134 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:03:59 PM

The hack was not an inside job. I find people who accuse that insulting.

The mere fact that you were using Linode is a definitive proof that it was an inside job.

It is a well known fact that virtual private servers are not secure enough to host Bitcoin wallets.

Moreover, Bitcoinica was hacked via Linode: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3629/what-is-the-story-behind-the-linode-problem

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66979.0

Obviously, you knew about that, so you used Linode as a convenient disguise for an inside job.

There are two possibilities: either you're a complete moron who ignored a well-known attack, which was already demonstrated a couple of times; or it was an inside job.

Is this insulting? Well, you stole money from people, you deserve to be insulted.
Absolutely agreed. Using Linode, which has been compromised on many occasions by their own technicians, goes beyond incompetence. You really have to wonder if this hack was intentional.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:25:15 PM

The hack was not an inside job. I find people who accuse that insulting.

The mere fact that you were using Linode is a definitive proof that it was an inside job.

It is a well known fact that virtual private servers are not secure enough to host Bitcoin wallets.

Moreover, Bitcoinica was hacked via Linode: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3629/what-is-the-story-behind-the-linode-problem

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66979.0

Obviously, you knew about that, so you used Linode as a convenient disguise for an inside job.

There are two possibilities: either you're a complete moron who ignored a well-known attack, which was already demonstrated a couple of times; or it was an inside job.

Is this insulting? Well, you stole money from people, you deserve to be insulted.
Absolutely agreed. Using Linode, which has been compromised on many occasions by their own technicians, goes beyond incompetence. You really have to wonder if this hack was intentional.
I'm not wondering at all.

mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:22:52 AM

For the moment I have to say thanks for the people that are actively pushing me up.
Thanks majamalu from elbitcoin.org to tell my story and teach people how to keep their bitcoins safe.
Thanks Dumbfruit for gathering information about all this.
Thanks Mobile for your moral support and english class.
No problem buddy, hang in there man & keep your head up (this line is meant for all of us). The statements and actions done thus far via TF regarding Coinlenders give me some hope that perhaps in the coming months, are loans may fair out better then we expect and what we've seen for the inputs.io wallet balances.

Its true that ignorance is sometimes bliss, being naive is being a sucker, nice guys finish last but patience is a virtue...(this is somehow relevant to the discussion at hand.)

Adding to the discussion further on the above comments. I would just be happy to get my principle back but then again, until the time comes and everything Ive written above, is just small talk. Cheers...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:57:20 AM

Two things;

-TradeFortress owes his customers principal + interest. He can't just pretend interest didn't happen in his calculations.

-If CoinLenders users would like to give up the interest they accrued to Inputs.io users that is their decision when they are paid back, but if TradeFortress does it, that is theft.

Agreed!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:36:45 AM

Two things;

-TradeFortress owes his customers principal + interest. He can't just pretend interest didn't happen in his calculations.

-If CoinLenders users would like to give up the interest they accrued to Inputs.io users that is their decision when they are paid back, but if TradeFortress does it, that is theft.

Agreed!

you guys are funny. You realize that it isn't even sure that you will get your principal without a cut?
What exactely do you imply? If he had the money to fully reimburse us, he would probably do so, but as he cant he has to make a point where he has to distribute losses...

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:03:41 AM

You guys are being played like a fiddle. He playing you now by returning nominal amounts, double spending payments and giving other shreads of hope that you may get some of your precious bitcoins back just like he played you by forcing you to to use inputs.io to get money into and out of coinlenders. TF claims the hacker used "social engerning" to gain access to his system when the fact is he is the ultimate Social Engineer. Kudos to you TradeFortress.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:33:37 AM

Two things;

Agreed!

you guys are funny. You realize that it isn't even sure that you will get your principal without a cut?
What exactely do you imply? If he had the money to fully reimburse us, he would probably do so, but as he cant he has to make a point where he has to distribute losses...

I doubt he would. My point is why should CL users have to lose out on profits earned through interest because of TF's irresponsibility?
CL users are not at fault and shouldn't have to suffer any cuts to their fair earnings. We left bitcoins at CL to be earning interest!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:46:53 AM

My point is why should CL users have to lose out on profits earned through interest...?

Because the bitcoins are gone. Sad
DumbFruit

Activity: 433
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:48:27 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 03:12:20 AM by DumbFruit

TradeFortress needs to lay out what the situation is, what assets are available, and formulate specifically how he is going to do everything he can to make the victims of his mistake whole. We should not mince words here that "whole" means the sum of principal and interest for every user.

I am sure that is what TradeFortress has been trying to do ever since the hack on the Oct 23rd. Had I not thought TradeFortress was competent and upstanding individual, I would never have deposited with him to begin with, and the fact that he has not removed interest from our accounts suggests that he understands the point in question.

You should not sell yourselves short even before we have a good understanding about what the situation is.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:54:01 AM

.... he is the ultimate Social Engineer. Kudos to you TradeFortress.

Yup
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:07:41 AM

I´ve no words today...

Good to know that some people here like my beloved Dumbfruit and Mobile, do have words.

Tradefortress, how long will it it take you to tell us further info? This is being indescriptibly painful for everybody...
mccoyspace

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 03:50:26 AM

"Next Week" Watch.

Last week TF said we would hear something 'next week.' Monday is now over with no word.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:52:04 AM

My point is why should CL users have to lose out on profits earned through interest...?

Because the bitcoins are gone. Sad

Yes but the bitcoins stolen were solely Inputs.io funds weren't they? If not, then what was TF thinking merging CL funds with that of Inputs!? -.-
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:58:47 AM

...what was TF thinking merging CL funds with that of Inputs!? -.-

I think we are all wondering about that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.msg3505336#msg3505336
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:15:08 AM

Surely it isn't much work to go back to the old system where we can withdraw straight to a wallet.
CL used to be able to withdraw directly to wallets, it can't be that hard to re-implement.

I 'have' my BTC back, but I don't have my BTC back if you know what I mean.  Essentially I have nothing.

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:24:19 AM

Surely it isn't much work to go back to the old system where we can withdraw straight to a wallet.
CL used to be able to withdraw directly to wallets, it can't be that hard to re-implement.

I 'have' my BTC back, but I don't have my BTC back if you know what I mean.  Essentially I have nothing.

The BTC are not back. They were in the Inputs.io wallet which was hacked. All you have is a number in your account followed by whatever and whenever TF decides to scrape together in an attempt to placate us.
BTCdude007

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:11:26 AM

Guys, don't get your hopes too high. Forget about interest, there will be a substantial principal cut.

I got this email from TF a couple days back when I asked about withdrawing some coins from Coinlenders.

"Quite frankly due to two Inputs hacks as well as the Ukyo/Graet effectively
defaulting we don't have enough BTC to pay everyone out. I'll let you know
soon."

Still waiting to hear back...
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:10:05 AM

I just got my full balance in CL out (over 20 BTC). Although transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, I now declare that TF has earned my full trust.

did you mail coinlenders support?

I mailed to support@inputs.io
ChaosFox

Activity: 178

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:12:26 PM

Guys, don't get your hopes too high. Forget about interest, there will be a substantial principal cut.

I got this email from TF a couple days back when I asked about withdrawing some coins from Coinlenders.

"Quite frankly due to two Inputs hacks as well as the Ukyo/Graet effectively
defaulting we don't have enough BTC to pay everyone out. I'll let you know
soon."

Still waiting to hear back...

Hmph. Well, not exactly surprised.  Embarrassed

It's the dawn of a new day. I really hope he's sending that email soon.

Look! An ad-free signature!
mccoyspace

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:19:59 PM

I made my deposits on Nov 1 and Nov 5, well after the hack and the ukyo/graet defaults.
it's nice to know that I personally bailed out some people secretly in the know.

fun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: