Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Script :: Bitcoin Bank (Borrow+Deposit) Software :: Demo Available  (Read 111134 times)
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:15:22 PM

4. Has there been any news on the 4 people TF called out for not re-paying their loans?

I sent messages to them all, got reply from one (Ascension).
The other three have not replied.

I'll see if I can reach them other ways.
halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:37:47 PM

I have sent TF many E-Mails and he has not responded to any, except for the generic "we are not handling CL refunds now". The rise in BTC is making me sick that I ever invested with him. So, my questions are:

1. Has anyone heard from TF unless they offer a settlement for pennies on the dollar?

2. Has anyone heard TF make any statements about his goals for repaying? 50% 80% 100%? His lack of communication makes me suspicious he is even attempting to regain solvency.

3. Does anyone have any insights into what his investments were/are?

4. Has there been any news on the 4 people TF called out for not re-paying their loans?

Here is a rough calculation I made in an E-Mail to TF. The situations seems it should not be as bad as his lack of communication is indicating.

"The numbers are currently not adding up. A 4100 BTC loss at inpus should affect CL to some extent, but even if half of that was CLs money and was refunded at 50% that should only be a 1000-2000 BTC loss of which 600 DumbFruit forfeitted in his settlement. If those losses are distributed evenly, and nearly 10,000 BTC were in coinlenders everyone should be able to get over 80% of the principal back. Can you please shed light on this and explain what is being done to continue collections?"

Nice idea tehelsper, but you're operating on the assumption that TradeFortress isn't operating Coinlenders like a traditional bank.  Traditional banks lend out 90+% of their deposits.  I'm betting TF has done the same, and hasn't gotten paid back yet on all his outstanding loans, which would now be exponentially harder for the people who took out the loans given the insane rise of bitcoins lately. 

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:43:06 PM

I made an offer to him - I worked down until the value was so low... that it would ruin me for many many years to come and offered for him to propose something and he still didn't want to make a deal. What does that suggest to you all?
tehelsper

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:51:26 PM

Nice idea tehelsper, but you're operating on the assumption that TradeFortress isn't operating Coinlenders like a traditional bank.  Traditional banks lend out 90+% of their deposits.  I'm betting TF has done the same, and hasn't gotten paid back yet on all his outstanding loans, which would now be exponentially harder for the people who took out the loans given the insane rise of bitcoins lately. 

I'm aware of that, which is why I want to see the balance sheet to know how much is loaned out. I don't expect immediate payback, I just want to know the loss assuming loans are eventuall repaid. I also have a feeling a lot of the money was put in other investments such as ukyo.loan, which are more liquid but I don't know because he has not published any information. I don't even know what his goal is - does he expect to ever pay back principle?

I support a slow payback plan where TF is transparent. People willing to take large haircuts should be welcome to and all people who don't claim their CL assets should forfeit them after a period of time. Perhaps TF is hiding the info to scare people into taking large losses.
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:54:43 PM

I disagree, he did one main deal with DumbFruit to get rid of the scariest legal problem and made a few deals with CL users he was fond of.

I offered to take a huge haircut and even proposed he decide how much and he still doesn't want to make a deal. Something doesn't add up.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:57:09 PM

I disagree, he did one main deal with DumbFruit to get rid of the scariest legal problem and made a few deals with CL users he was fond of.

I offered to take a huge haircut and even proposed he decide how much and he still doesn't want to make a deal. Something doesn't add up.

LOL - Of course it does.  You just don't like what it is telling you.   Roll Eyes

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:07:49 PM

I'm aware of that, which is why I want to see the balance sheet to know how much is loaned out. I don't expect immediate payback, I just want to know the loss assuming loans are eventuall repaid. I also have a feeling a lot of the money was put in other investments such as ukyo.loan, which are more liquid but I don't know because he has not published any information. I don't even know what his goal is - does he expect to ever pay back principle?

I support a slow payback plan where TF is transparent. People willing to take large haircuts should be welcome to and all people who don't claim their CL assets should forfeit them after a period of time. Perhaps TF is hiding the info to scare people into taking large losses.

Fair enough.  This all sounds good to me.  TF, any response to this idea? 

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:11:22 PM

Here's my math:

CL/inputs lost 4.1k XBT's in the attack.
He covered 900 XBT's to pay out to inputs.io users from his own pocket.
DumbFruit the got settled with 200, making a 755 XBT loss.
That alone adds up to 900+755=1,655XBT, a little less than half than the value lost in the attack that has been covered by DumbFruit and TF alone.

A guesstimate from me is that ~1k more of the losses was covered by various inputs.io/CL users making deals and getting partial refunds.
4.1k - 2.6k = 1.5k losses that still remains to be covered by TF or his depositors.

Then of course, we have the matter of any defaulted loans and owned securities that cannot be traded due to close down of BF.
gaston909

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:15:42 PM

I have offered a huge haircut.... no reply.

Main CL deals done so far are CLers he knows on the forum and the big dumbfruit lawsuit.

Suggested he make his own proposal for immediate repay, no reply.

I don't think its as simple as your maths but I do have BTC address's for TF that cover most of the remaining balance even without haircuts. If he refuses to reply to my insane offers I can only conclude he is delaying for some reason.

I don't know what that reason is.
tantanbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:27:31 PM

show us  the address
ChaosFox

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:29:14 PM

I have the feeling he's speculating with whatever BTC he has left, and he's waiting for a huge crash so he can pay us then.  Angry

TF, I hope I'm wrong. But you haven't replied to my email yet. I'll wait until tomorrow and send it again.

Look! An ad-free signature!

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:36:59 PM

I have the feeling he's speculating with whatever BTC he has left, and he's waiting for a huge crash so he can pay us then.  Angry

TF, I hope I'm wrong. But you haven't replied to my email yet. I'll wait until tomorrow and send it again.

fine with me. he's going to be overloaded with all the messages and threads and attemps to contact and threaten him. thats not going to help

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:44:19 PM

other people get this message to email him?

User 'TradeFortress' has blocked your personal message.

You won't get that if you email him - just if you try to PM on the forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bradyon

Activity: 172

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:30:21 AM

Idea: Give a 30 day window for CL users to log in and set up a payment address. Then, every Wednesday after Asicminer (or other investments) pays dividends, pay out to the addresses on file and decrement the amount from the CL balanace. That would give users an idea of the rate we gets paid back without diclosing all your investments. We would also feel much better about seeing something being returned. Also, send out an E-Mail letting users know this and anyone who doesn't provide a payment address in the allotted timeframe forfeits repayments until they do.

Yes, that would be OK for me. I need a few coins really soon but can wait very long for the remaining 95%. The key is that we need to get some of our coins back to kill a little bit of our anxiety and fulfill some of our immediate needs.
bradyon

Activity: 172

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:36:48 AM

Here's my math:

That alone adds up to 900+755=1,655XBT, a little less than half than the value lost in the attack that has been covered by DumbFruit and TF alone.

A guesstimate from me is that ~1k more of the losses was covered by various inputs.io/CL users making deals and getting partial refunds.
4.1k - 2.6k = 1.5k losses that still remains to be covered by TF or his depositors.

Then of course, we have the matter of any defaulted loans and owned securities that cannot be traded due to close down of BF.

Well, with this numbers in mind, the scenario looks even KIND OF reversible after some time.

Iwant to believe TF is doing his best.
skitchen

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:59:27 AM

Here's my math:

Well, with this numbers in mind, the scenario looks even KIND OF reversible after some time.

Iwant to believe TF is doing his best.

If the numbers quoted were posted from TF I'd almost believe he is doing his best, his lack of response is the only reason I am not satisfied - I don't really care at all about interest payments or even really how long it'll take to get principal back, what I care about is the fact TF does not respond with any ACTUAL INFORMATION which only leads me to think he either fucked up more than we know (Read: More than he is letting us know) or the 'hack' was actually performed by himself and it makes his life easier to hide behind the forum.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:05:14 AM

I want to believe TF is doing his best.

I'm sure he is.  I'm just not sure for who.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
tehelsper

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:26:56 AM

I have offered a huge haircut.... no reply.

Main CL deals done so far are CLers he knows on the forum and the big dumbfruit lawsuit.

Suggested he make his own proposal for immediate repay, no reply.

I don't think its as simple as your maths but I do have BTC address's for TF that cover most of the remaining balance even without haircuts. If he refuses to reply to my insane offers I can only conclude he is delaying for some reason.

I don't know what that reason is.

Can you please post the addresses? TF has claimed in the past he has personal assets to back CoinLenders. I'd be curious if any match up against the public AM shareholder addresses.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:00:47 AM

I got this too. So I have sent TF an email.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:03:54 AM

I got this too. So I have sent TF an email.

Everyone will get that.  TF has blocked all PMs - he prefers email.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: