Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin?  (Read 1471 times)
Vinz1992 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:09:16 AM

Hello there... I am from India, and Bitcoin is still in the grey area here. It is not legal, but it has not been declared illegal either. But the government has explicitly stated that Bitcoin is not recognized as a legal currency here.

The government is still working on deciding a framework for it, but we have absolutely no idea about what its verdict will be. So, people here are trading in Bitcoin for short-term gains. Make hay while the sun shines!

How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin and what's its position in your country?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:46:46 AM

Hello there... I am from India, and Bitcoin is still in the grey area here. It is not legal, but it has not been declared illegal either. But the government has explicitly stated that Bitcoin is not recognized as a legal currency here.

The government is still working on deciding a framework for it, but we have absolutely no idea about what its verdict will be. So, people here are trading in Bitcoin for short-term gains. Make hay while the sun shines!

How are your governments reacting to Bitcoin and what's its position in your country?
very similar to the situation here, that bitcoin to date has not been legalized as a currency. the government only appealed to the public that if we trade with the digital currency this should be vigilant because it has a big risk.
really hope, in the long term bitcoin will be accepted throughout the country.
BungaTulip

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:24 AM

Hi! I am from Indonesia. So far, there is no policy about bitcoin in my country. it seems the government feels bitcoin is still safe. Btc is in grey area also, not legal but also not illegal.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:54:58 AM

Well, our government here is adapting it, they legalized an exchange by our Bank central. And would be possibly ban it if there is something wrong happening to it.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:57:34 AM

We are in a situation similar to yours. The country does not formally recognize bitcoin, but it's not entirely forbidden, but they tell people the high risk of investing in bitcoin, advising people not to participate. But recent changes may be prepared because many countries accept bitcoin slowly.
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:03:24 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 08:06:29 AM by WhichIsGood

Hello! From where I came from, The Philippines, Bitcoin is also not illegal. Even our national bank has recognized the revolutionary potential of Crytocurrencies. However, they are also equally aware of the risks associated by cryptocurrencies. So our national bank issues warning advisory when involving yourself with crypto. see link below.

https://support.coins.ph/hc/en-us/articles/201472850-What-is-the-latest-BSP-Advisory-on-Virtual-Currencies-

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:04:17 AM

Here in our country, although they don't tolerating bitcoin in our country and kept reminding everyone about the risk involves with it still they are not closing the door about this kind of opportunity which is we are thankful at. As a matter of a fact we are transacting million dollars per month that is how crypto influence in our country based on data of exchanges.
urosan

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:09:07 AM

So far in my country btc or better to say all crypto is treated as forex, so far, when it comes to trading. We don't have taxes for trading crypto, but for mining there are taxes. Other than that,there are yet no other regulations.
acell101

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

Our government reactions for bitcoin is positive , in fact the Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas which is the Central Bank of the Philippines where our money has made approves the registration of the two companies to engage in the operation of bitcoin exchanges as part of efforts to regulate the fast growing virtual currency industry.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:11 AM

yes, i've heard how the Indian government reacts to bitcoin users, and I think, they do very exaggerated and unnatural acts. in my country also still not clear, they forbid to do transaction with bitcoin, but also there is no firm rule. they forbid to invest in the crypto world, but the government keeps a stake in Ripple.
but I'm sure my government recognizes that bitcoin and crypto is a very good currency asset.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:35 AM

Canada is being pretty chill about it, to be honest. Provided you pay your taxes whenever you make an exchange with Bitcoin, despite how much of a gray area the tax laws are for Bitcoin. There isn't any kind of hardlining from the government to prevent people from using it, and it seems like a mostly non-issue for the government as it stands. It's just making sure there isn't any crime happening and everyone is following all the applicable laws.

I like it to be honest. I don't know if I want it to change at all since it's a pretty comfy situation we're in right now.
CoinChili

Activity: 239
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:47 AM

Media Sh*ttng, who frontly looks like an expert in bitcoin but in reality knows nothing, then here comes the government, acting like a superhero who saves people from a risky investments but the real intention is to get tax from it. Cheesy
pansu18

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:33:22 AM

In the Philippines the government didn't recognize the power of cryptocurrency, they think its a scam last week they give a precautionary issues about it.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:34:50 AM

The Philippine government has actually been open when it comes to cryptocurrency only having a small blip when there was an issue with some people using the bitcoin to have a ponzi scheme and that’s where some banks suddenly closed some accounts however other than that the Philippines is an open cou try to such investments and a lot of people are actually using it here and spreading a lot of info

deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:37:00 AM

Most of the governments in the countries, where are no regulations regarding crypto do not recognize crypto es currency, they do not wont to take responsibility for any risks which there citizens might take. Mainly this is a reason.
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:39:54 AM

For now here in my country our government I think they doesn't care to everyone who own or hold bitcoin. But they give some advises to everyone that be responsible to your bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:40:44 AM
Merited by zeingrind777 (2)

the finance minister in my country forbade Bitcoin being used as a means of payment, but not forbidding Bitcoin circulation, they have been aware of the unstoppable development of Bitcoin.

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:45:25 AM

I heard the news, in various Asian countries only japan and korea which so far still welcome bitcoin. the rest of the ash between legal and illegal. I think developing countries like Asia are difficult to legalize bitcoin because of the level of human resources and the difference in understanding about bitcoin. for me personally, do not really care as long as i can engage in bitcoin everything i can control even though government forbid it.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:49:41 AM

In my country Indonesia, the government prohibited any use of cryptocurrencies to be used as a payments system, but any investment is still allowed. Recently I heard a news, the central bank of Indonesia have a plan to make their own digital cash, which is it's really good for the Blockchain ecosystem.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:52:39 AM

We have a similar situation here in our country,our government did not declared bitcoin as illegal nor banned it but warn us the possible circumstances of bitcoin because of its risk and non stable value or volatility that may experience by its users.But as a whole our government embrace the new currency 'cause it have some aspects that is handy for the governments people.Though our central banks not yet declared of accepting bitcoin but i think theres a possibility that they will come up with some positive resolution of this matter.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: