Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3030 times)
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:37:32 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

Tgere is really np forgot password in MEW. when I created my MEW, yes I do provide password for it. But my password is non-sense for me because when I am opening my wallet I am just using my private key to open it. I know it is not safe to use my private key that is why I only open my wallet in times that I need to transfer some of my tokens.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mecedes_JP

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:38:30 AM

I have a follow up question here,  will you be able to retrieve your eth wallet by the use of private key that is written in a paper after having the utc file deleted accidentally
Damn3d

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:32:00 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
Probably they know, that MEW is important enough, that you will not forget your password to it. I`m having a maximum serious attitude to store my passwords, especially for MEW

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cybersecurity Penetration Testing
.....on the Ethereum Blockchain......
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ██▌         ▄  ▄▄
        ██▌        █▀ ▄█
        ██▌       █▀ ██
        ███████████ ▀▀
                 ▀██▄
                  ███
                  ▐██
                  ▐██
                  ███
                 ▄██▀
       ███████████▀
     ▄█ ▄▄
    ██ ▄█
      ██
     ▀▀
    ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ████████████████████████████
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
    ███████████████       ██████
    ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
    ████████████▀▀     ▀▀▀██████
    ████████████          ██████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kidflash

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:39:26 PM

If you lose your password, you can log in using the private key. But you must keep private key, if lost you will lose assets. I think you must keep private key and password wallet in a safe place.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:49:40 PM

Do you mean myetherwallet  private key right? If it is than you loss your wallet and all the Crypto in it. Losing your private key of your myetherwallet, Tanks
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:32:50 AM

Yeah exactly you cannot change your password anymore, but if you have your private intact then you you don't have anything to worry about, but if you still prefer using password then you can create new wallet and transfer all your tokens to the new wallet.
forexwin2012

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:39:51 AM

Same to me. I lost private key and password. I can't send token from my wallet Sad
Chrisjay

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:46:36 AM

I think thier are no solution on that. Try ask them or email them. Because for if i lost the password. I will immediately create a new one wallet
Remulewak

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:05:35 AM

in ethereum, there are two different ways to control you account. one route is to utilize your private key. these are simply comprised of numbers, keys and letters. the other method to control you wallet is the UTC File together with you made secret key. one thing that you should play it safe is that you can never show signs of change you watchword again. so make sure to keep the UTC document together with your secret word in a bit of paper.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 02:44:32 AM

maybe your talking about the json file which needs password to open, if you forgot your password then use your private keys to open your wallet. there are many options on how to access your wallet. your private keys is the one of the most important keys in mew its just like a key in a padlock without it you cant access your wallet and make sure you should keep it in secured place to avoid from hacking and losses.

ucsteddy

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:45:04 AM

this is my problem, when i forgot my password, i don't have way to get it  Embarrassed
Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:55:49 AM

If you still have a private key or other password file, you don't need to worry, you just need to re-import it.
If you're creating it for the first time in MEW, you probably need to be worried because there's a high probability that you won't find it back.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
MakaylaBlanchard

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:01:59 AM

Private key is very important and you can back up it if you forgot it. The solution is that you should create a new ETH wallet and don't forget to save the private key and the address.
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:28:11 AM

Theres no way to retrieve your password or private key. That the lesson we should learn from itbecause tjat our responsibility as a wallet owner. Before you forget it, just saved all important details of your wallet account including wallet address, private key and even your keystore UTC.So theirs no way for that so better luck next time my friend.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:39:38 AM

There is no way to get back the MyEtherWallet password. Because digital money has huge risks! Anyone who knows the private key has full rights to that address! Some of the wallet-supplied Web sites do not keep a Private key (MyEtherWallet) so it's not possible to recover it!
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:42:03 AM

In cryptos you are in charge of your passwords, address and private keys, it is not stored any where for you to retrieve it anytime you want, you can try to use their private key to access your wallet, if you have forgotten that too, it's a game over.
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:49:45 AM

According what I know, if you don't have password when you sign in your wallet, may you try to use Metamask and import your private key to back up your wallet in Metamask. Let's try it

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 03:50:26 AM

try searching for support contacts, if any. should you record the password, whatever it is, email, wallet, and also password account in this forum.
Malabarka

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:53:39 AM

You will not be able to click "remind password". Because MEW doesn't save your password. You have 2 options:
1. Remember your password or find where you saved it,
2. You can log in with your private key. You should have downloaded it when you created the wallet.
unfortunately there are no more options. No one can help you.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
loveaspirations1552000@gm

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:57:38 AM

For security reasons, MEW is not responsible for your password. You should save it somewhere safe enough
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: