Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

Use your private key. If it is lost, you will not be able to access your MyEtherWallet wallet. The service says that we are responsible for saving our passwords. You can't open your MyEtherWallet.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:33:23 AM

there is no recovery password in myetherwallet, if you mean the private key well you can not recover or change it, you should save the private key, there is no way to recover it so create another address don't forget to copy the private key then paste it to notepad or anywhere that you can only see your private key.

Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

I think you wanted to asked about the private key. that is all you need together with your wallet address to do all you need on myether.com. It is not like signing into our email or social media account. if you want to just check for your reward, wallet address is OK, if you want to withdraw, you now need private key.
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:45:01 AM

Maybe what he meant  is the password that MEW is asking us to fill when you are about to make a new Eth wallet. I also wonder what is that for. I was never asked for a password whenever I was logging in though. I still keep those passwords I assigned though just in case I might need that in the future. Is there anyone here who know what the password is for?   Password NOT  private key.
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:50:05 AM

If the password is forgotten it can I get Toko to sympathize with as the road to his recovery does not exist. Be carefully in the creation and storage of access to MEW !

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:53:57 AM

Do you mean you forgot your private key? There is no way to retreive your private key. You are the only one responsible for your private key.

Copied from the MeW website:

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL.  You are responsible for your security.

This is a common problem on those newbies that been joining this technology without a proper orientation. They should consider their password or private keys as their partner's in life.
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:58:02 AM

Before recovering the access, you should check your PC for viruses, because it is unlikely for you to lost password without significant reason for it.

missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:59:12 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

If you forgot your password, you can enter your private key instead. If you are using a JSON file, it requires you a password but if not, do enter your private key. Though, JSON file is much safer, it is not allowed to change your password.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

Unfortunately there is no technical support that will help you. This is done so that the scammers who stole your data could not get access to your money. Think about where your key can be written. If you do not find it this is the end.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:09:29 AM

Should still somewhere to stay Kay Stor file, unless of course you have not deleted it. Do you have a lot of tokens on your wallet? If we are talking about a couple of hundreds of $$$ then this is a good price for such a life lesson. If more - then it is certainly worth continuing the search.

johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:29:37 AM

I was told by my friend that I should keep it in a safe place that would not gonna lost it that's why I put it in my favorite storage. And of your password was deleted just try to open your save file that you downloaded before you start creating it.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

MEW is now not the best way of storing tokens, because it is not protected very well. When you will get your tokens, try to find other reliable solution.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:51:16 AM

Yes unfortunately, there is no forgot password in MEW like in other sites like facebook or gmail, because there are no ways to retrieve it. I think it is even stated in the site while you were signing up for a wallet.
SaRmY

Activity: 645

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:00:17 PM

Difficult situation. You should have duplicated all your passwords. Now your coins will become part of the story. I advise you to be more careful next time.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:02:02 PM

To sign in to MEW, you must have a private key, or a file with a password. If you forget your password, you can never log in to your wallet address. Create a new wallet and save your private key to log in

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Laxus215

Activity: 244

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

Probably you were using Keystone files to open your MEW account and you forgot your password? At the time of creating MEW account there are two options to save your keystone file and private keys with bar-code, if you have your private key then go to MEW site and open account directly with private keys else you will not be able to open your account. I would also like to suggest you to take advantage of free social medias like YouTube to learn about how to use MEW & always keep your private keys secretly and don't share it with anyone.

jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:27:44 PM

Based on my understanding, we can use only MEW password to create myetherwallet, but after that you dont need those password anymore because the only things you need to save is your private key, because that`s the only things that you can use to open your wallet.

nipunchathu123

Activity: 322

https://exip.live/

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

Yes.There is no "forget password in MyEtherWallet". So, we can't change password in MyEtherWallet. But we can use other method like private key to log in and if you use metamask and you remember the password of metamask you can log in to MyEtherWallet without any problem. If you can't use those two methods sorry no one can help you.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 01:11:23 PM

There is nothing like forget password on MyEtherWallet because the the whole process is decentralized, MyEther wallet uses the ERC20 smart contract decentralized facilities for its operations, what you needed to protect here is your private key which is an important of their security, if you loose your private key, there would no way to recover it. Thanks

ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:15:21 PM

Probably you were using Keystone files to open your MEW account and you forgot your password? At the time of creating MEW account there are two options to save your keystone file and private keys with bar-code, if you have your private key then go to MEW site and open account directly with private keys else you will not be able to open your account. I would also like to suggest you to take advantage of free social medias like YouTube to learn about how to use MEW & always keep your private keys secretly and don't share it with anyone.
if that means there is no way to save our MEW? there is nothing that can be linked to the MEW account which causes us to be unable to open our MEW if we forget our password, so I really keep it from being forgotten even though it doesn't contain much but it is my asset

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM