Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
Uguande

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:54:14 PM

To avoid this case I advise to save your password and secret key on two or even more flash drivers
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:16:19 PM

One of the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies is the inability to recover the password if it is lost. Unfortunately, you are faced with this on their own experience. To avoid this situation in the future, write down your password and keep it in a safe place.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 09:55:28 PM

The way MEW  operate is quite different from other wallets, with regards to the fact that you can access your account with your private key and unfortunately once you loose your private key, you won't be able to access your account again. Look through your computer carefully, if it is saved on it.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:22:37 PM

There's no way you can restore it. Try to remember it and pick it up.
I don't think you have many combinations in your head.
Torbeks

Activity: 298

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:29:18 PM

If you lost your password then there is no helping you. MEW doesn't have a forgot password feature and I think same thing applies on other platforms when creating a new wallet. That is why I always store my private key and password because there is no way of retrieving it even if you contact the team or technical support of the wallet.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

You can't changed the password of MEW the only solution for that is to create new one and start again. If you still have your UTC file you can open it again remember when you create MEW account you have to download UTC file before you can get private key.
In fact, if the user loses the password, then it is so scary to me, even if the attacker finds it out. The main thing is that the secret key and the file key must be kept from prying eyes.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:49:28 PM

I'm sorry to say this. Forgot your password on Ethereum, it means you have lost this ETH wallet forever. ETH is a completely decentralized product, developers will not be able to help you. You should be more careful about your password
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 03:04:27 PM

I'm sorry to say this. Forgot your password on Ethereum, it means you have lost this ETH wallet forever. ETH is a completely decentralized product, developers will not be able to help you. You should be more careful about your password
I believe that if a person has access to his ethereum wallet secret key, this does not make it difficult for him to use it. Or I'm wrong?
Bitvinu12

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 03:23:52 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
MEW is assets storing decentralized wallet. There have privatekey and not password. If someone Loss once there privatekey never recover it again. We can use for it to JSON/ KEYSTONE file for login. Are u use to log keystone files with password then forgotten you can use privatekey for login.

🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪  𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!
http://alcedoplatform.com
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

I don't think anybody can master that long string of a private key to heart, and if you're lucky you might have written it somewhere and just need to look around. Otherwise if you can't remember, any coins coming to this address should be forgotten.

MEW is assets storing decentralized wallet. There have privatekey and not password. If someone Loss once there privatekey never recover it again. We can use for it to JSON/ KEYSTONE file for login. Are u use to log keystone files with password then forgotten you can use privatekey for login.
Maybe OP did mean password to the json/keystone file Smiley
if Op can find this json file on his computer he can try several guesses to access the wallet....if no correct guesses forget about the wallet but save the json file in case you remember in the future.
stock999

Activity: 260

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:45:51 PM

Actually you don't need any password in  MyEtherWallet website. A password which you typed when created a wallet was used only once as a random phrase for creating a pair of address+private  key. After that you should remember only these 2 things: ETH address and private key. You don't need anything else. At any time you can get access to this your address by the private key, either on MEW website or on any other website(or app, software,etc.)  which supports  ETH wallets.

Did you mean 'private key' when said 'password' (may be)? In this case your wallet is lost forever, nobody can restore the private key. Just stop to send ETH&tokens to that address and create a new one.

What should i place here? Any advice appreciated.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:40:56 PM

I think you can't help, my password wallet is not restored unfortunately
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:57:57 PM

Theres nothing for me to help this kind of problem and I think you need to create a new ether wallet its easy right? Than to suffer remembering how to get you password. Maybe if you already joined in a campaign you can request changing your mew for you to get you tokens your worked for them.
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:58:41 PM

Sorry mate but I believed there is no way to recover it since myetherwallet itself don't have an access to your wallet. You're the one who is responsible of your pk anytime. Next time instead of saving it in computer, try also to write it in a paper and keep it as a treasure. Don't trust the technology.
FIREBALL24

Activity: 279

Xircus

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:48:56 AM

Yes my etherwallet password is need to be keep in a  secured place,.or we may make a double check put in a safe  note wheres no one can hack your personal keys.,because if we lost our key,we can never get it back.

flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:58:56 AM

I think you can change your password by Private key and Keystore/JSON File, check YouTube you will find some answers. You should save password by autosave when you open myetherwallet account.

ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:08:40 AM

This way you won't be able to recover it! When you register you should have sent a graphic key. Find it and use it to enter your wallet. This is your only chance.
Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:12:19 AM

If you forgot your private key you will not open your account to myetherwallet.  Because you cannot forgot password your password to that wallet because in the first place they did not use email. I suggest to those have people have wallet tk myetherwallet better to secure your private key you need to save it to place safe like have password and not only 1 better to save to other documents incase they have problem you can access because you have other option .
Yes its true this is what i used to do also i keep my password and private key safely so that it can never be hacked or gone because if we loose our keys we cannot recover it again,.your tokens can be lost forever and it is wasted.

Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:21:04 AM

No way to restore lost key in mew.
try to find private key from your wallet maybe you save it somewhere.
Try search it on json file

fonengo

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:13:05 AM

It is better to create a new wallet MyEtherWallet and in the future it is always necessary to save passwords. I always save passwords on 2 flash drives. Be careful next time. Good luck.

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: