Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
pablodotcol

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:22:12 AM

My dear, you do not need your password to access your Myetherwallet. Maybe you are referring to your Private key, which is couple of alphanumerics given to you the first time you logged in. I hope you saved it somewhere, that is what you can use to access your account, and if you didn't save it, then i'm sorry to say, but I don't think you can access the account anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

Nope, they don't have that option "forgot password" on my etherwallet website. I don't know why you forget your own password, that's basically the most important think on your wallet lol. I think no one can help you about this problem, just make a new wallet and don't forget the password again. Why not use the auto save password on google chrome?
Fedor2018

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:28:16 AM

Nothing can help you now. Unfortunately only you are responsible for the safety of your password from the wallet. next time be smarter and more careful

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gewealiw

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:03:44 AM

in ethereum, there are two different ways to control you account. one route is to utilize your private key. these are simply comprised of numbers, keys and letters. the other method to control you wallet is the UTC File together with you made secret word. one thing that you should play it safe is that you can never show signs of change you secret key again. so make certain to keep the UTC document together with your watchword in a bit of paper.
rosebit

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:21:40 AM

To me i believe that forgetting the password doesn't have anything to do with it (if you save the private key)
Because you forgot the password, you can't log into the account, so you can re import the private key back.
Xeyumol

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:11:08 AM

in ethereum, there are two distinctive approaches to control you account. one course is to use your private key. these are basically involved numbers, keys and letters. the other strategy to control you wallet is the UTC File together with you made mystery key. one thing that you should take no chances is that you can never hint at transform you watchword again. so make a point to keep the UTC record together with your mystery word in a touch of paper.
codebreakerz991

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:15:30 AM

Yes you can never change your password and you can only access it if you have the private key . But its sad if there are coins inside so you better save your private keys always to prevent such thing if you think you been hack then there is no other way than creating a new one
VK.point

Activity: 294

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:21:43 AM

it looks like you will forever lose your MyEtherWallet. you should be more careful in storing. make this an important experience. do not repeat again for the future. thanks

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:22:01 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

I can login to MEW using my private key, so where do you keep your private key for that wallet, it should be your concern to always keep it in a place only you would know, I'm afraid you lose access to your wallet and not lost your token permanently
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:26:07 PM

It is not recommended way to use password to enter your Myetherwallet. The most secure thing you should use is Metamask.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Superturacoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:34:07 PM

It is not recommended way to use password to enter your Myetherwallet. The most secure thing you should use is Metamask.
We should keep presence of mind everytime when we share our address in campaign we participated and in reality we thought address but we submitted private key in which it is a bad luck for us. Before we start make sure to keep on safe our MEW to avoid regrets at the end.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hct2005

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:41:18 PM

Yes you can never change your password and you can only access it if you have the private key . But its sad if there are coins inside so you better save your private keys always to prevent such thing if you think you been hack then there is no other way than creating a new one
If anyone will lose his password, he can use his private key to open his wallet and that is the last resort that he has. If he lost that one also then better forget that one because there is no other way you can access your wallet anymore. Next time be careful with your password and private key and you should not lose it.
pokxon

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 01:43:00 PM

If you use a JSON file, you'll need to use a password. If you use a private key, you do not need a password. If you lose your password then there is no way to get it back.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 02:27:25 PM

Sorry about that, if you use private key to login and you loose or misplace it, then there is no way out.  Myetherwallet team do not keep private keys it's always users responsibility to protect his or her wallet by keeping the private very safe.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:33:17 PM

Not something like resetting your password. You have security words for the private key. Do you have something written down?
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

I think you log in using keystore and forget a password to unlock but if you still have private key just log in with your privat key. No need password.
Raffamichaels

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:45:13 PM

I'm afraid you probably can not be helped anymore, unless of course you saved the private access key that is issued when you register your wallet. Perhaps, of course, I'm mistaken, because I'm not an expert in MEW. But I think you should try to write in support.
When you make a new wallet the primary to be saved to have an access in a wallet is the password or the private key make sure you keep it safe for the security and to prevent the hack.

kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

MyEtherWallet actually gives a private key to access your password. If you have lost your key I'm sorry there is no other way to access your wallet except try to find out where you put your key. Try to find in deleted files or somewhere like this.

picaszo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 02:59:17 PM

As far as I know, MEW has no password. but there is a private key. if the private key is lost then the wallet will disappear too. and MEW does not deviate from your private key
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:03:28 PM

This password encrypts your private key. This does not act as a seed to generate your keys. You will need this password + your private key to unlock your wallet.

Until now I don't understand the use of passwords when creating myetherwallet, when I want to transfer ethereum or tokens with a private key, there doesn't need a password, so I think if losing a password this doesn't matter.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: