Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRESALE][ENDED] ELLCRYS: Software Development Platform For Communities  (Read 2800 times)
SHA256Collision

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:38:04 PM

I'm interested in how the paid consultation will be carried out, how to be sure that the consultant will provide really valuable information. I'm just very interested.
Yes, in this case, fraud will be avoided really hard. But I think this can be handled by a system of ratings and feedback that will be transparent and that no one can change.
This is the problem! Who will put the rating?

The one who will order the services of an adviser or the development of a certain software and will pay money for it. That's why they need smart contracts, they are designed to protect them from fraud.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

Will there be any activities to initially involve a large number of people using the service immediately after the launch? If there are any contests, I would happily take part.

Definitely. Part of our marketing and awareness activities will be to hold hackathons and coding contests close to and after launch.
Shangerian

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:44:01 PM

How will the company make a profit? This will be the commission of the payment amount? Or what other ways to support the system? After all, somehow money is needed for servicing.
SlickShaman

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

And in which country is the company officially registered? Do you have a legal address and office where the developers are located or are they all working remotely?
Asalar

Activity: 217
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

Will your company not be affected by the ban on advertising ICO, tokens and crypto currency on Facebook. Was it not planned to use this social network as the main source of promotion?
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

I correctly understand that if you now buy tokens, then in the future you can order the software that I'm interested in and pay with tokens for the work. It would be very beneficial especially that now there is a discount for tokens.
Yes, that's how it will work. Of course, if the company becomes popular and successful. Then I think problems should arise. But still you have to calculate the option if the tokens fall in price

Hm, so you will make an alternative for freelance platforms which will be used by developers? How it will work?
All logic will be described in smart-contracts or how to arbitrate deals if there are some problems?

Yes. Given that work is sub-divided into smaller tasks, developers can pick any of these tasks and provide solution. It is important to note that by default, developers provide solutions at their own risk since the creator of a task may decide to accept the work done. Furthermore, developers will compete with themselves because anyone can submit solutions for a task. This puts developers at risk and creates room for dispute or wasted effort.

To reduce the possibility of wasted effort, we will introduce a request-and-lock feature where a developer explicitly request to provide solution. If accepted, the the task is tied to them for a period of time. However, the risk of dispute still exist since the task creator can still refuse to accept a solution in bad faith. A solution will be to involve third-party reviewer(s) (a.k.a oracle, escrow) who verifies whether or not a task was actually solved. Reviewers will have the ability to force approval/denial of a solution. The task creator can add a reviewer during task creation and developers can suggest a reviewer when they send a lock request. Both parties must accept the reviewer before the task is final and ready to receive a solution.

The reputation system will go along way in helping task creators, developers and every other player in the ecosystem determine trustworthiness.

P.Krymov

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:16:54 PM

I correctly understand that if you now buy tokens, then in the future you can order the software that I'm interested in and pay with tokens for the work. It would be very beneficial especially that now there is a discount for tokens.
Yes, that's how it will work. Of course, if the company becomes popular and successful. Then I think problems should arise. But still you have to calculate the option if the tokens fall in price

Hm, so you will make an alternative for freelance platforms which will be used by developers? How it will work?
All logic will be described in smart-contracts or how to arbitrate deals if there are some problems?

Yes. Given that work is sub-divided into smaller tasks, developers can pick any of these tasks and provide solution. It is important to note that by default, developers provide solutions at their own risk since the creator of a task may decide to accept the work done. Furthermore, developers will compete with themselves because anyone can submit solutions for a task. This puts developers at risk and creates room for dispute or wasted effort.

To reduce the possibility of wasted effort, we will introduce a request-and-lock feature where a developer explicitly request to provide solution. If accepted, the the task is tied to them for a period of time. However, the risk of dispute still exist since the task creator can still refuse to accept a solution in bad faith. A solution will be to involve third-party reviewer(s) (a.k.a oracle, escrow) who verifies whether or not a task was actually solved. Reviewers will have the ability to force approval/denial of a solution. The task creator can add a reviewer during task creation and developers can suggest a reviewer when they send a lock request. Both parties must accept the reviewer before the task is final and ready to receive a solution.

The reputation system will go along way in helping task creators, developers and every other player in the ecosystem determine trustworthiness.

Do you suppose initially that some version of the platform to protect against censorship, which can use some countries. Russia, China, etc. Because GitHub already fell under blocking, and this one and the forum too.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:21:52 PM

Will any means of communication between team members be configured in the service? After all, it would be very convenient chat or voice communication directly through the channels of the platform.

Yes, there will be means of communication. Preferably a slack-like messaging system. But, this will not be built into the protocol because storage of messages on-chain is expensive and will bloat the blockchain really quick. We will provide an official messaging system, but users will be free to use any communication system developed by people within the ecosystem.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

I'm interested in how the paid consultation will be carried out, how to be sure that the consultant will provide really valuable information. I'm just very interested.
Yes, in this case, fraud will be avoided really hard. But I think this can be handled by a system of ratings and feedback that will be transparent and that no one can change.

Exactly. A rating/reputation system will be put in place to allow users gauge each others trustworthiness. 
Fielbairdi

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Do you already have licenses or patents? I think for such development you should have some unique technologies that need to be protected at the legislative level.
sotitychoo

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

Do you already have licenses or patents? I think for such development you should have some unique technologies that need to be protected at the legislative level.

This all costs a lot of money, the company in order to collect money to make a quality product. For this reason, I think all the legalization issues will be resolved after the end of the sales of the tokens.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:35:16 PM

This is the problem! Who will put the rating?

The rules and tools for rating will be provided in the protocol, official client and apps. Awarding rating and calculating reputation is protocol and user driven. This means other users rate you based on your contribution. To grow your reputation, you must contribute to projects (provide solutions to tasks), do good work and hopefully people recognize your effort and rating you accordingly.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:45:01 PM

How will the company make a profit? This will be the commission of the payment amount? Or what other ways to support the system? After all, somehow money is needed for servicing.

The company will make money by selling access to premium tools and services.
ellcrys (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

Do you suppose initially that some version of the platform to protect against censorship, which can use some countries. Russia, China, etc. Because GitHub already fell under blocking, and this one and the forum too.

As a decentralized platform, anyone with unrestricted internet connection should be able to access the platform from the very first version.
Ulavaradys

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

A good project for investment. As the Internet technology market is constantly growing. Therefore, the demand for tokens will be consistently high, which means that the price of the token will also grow in the long term.
sound

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:09:38 PM

A good project for investment. As the Internet technology market is constantly growing. Therefore, the demand for tokens will be consistently high, which means that the price of the token will also grow in the long term.
Here you are certainly right, but this is only if the developers fulfill their promises and if the project can collect the right amount of money. In general, there are a lot of factors and this is in fact just fine.
Donanausan

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

Tell me in the future, the company is going to buy its tokens from the market? Many companies have this tendency after buying profit to buy the company's tokens. This of course pulls the price of the token up well and reduces the number of tokens in free sale.
StillMark31

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

Tell me in the future, the company is going to buy its tokens from the market? Many companies have this tendency after buying profit to buy the company's tokens. This of course pulls the price of the token up well and reduces the number of tokens in free sale.
This is an interesting question. I think it will be interesting what the administrator will say. But in general, the idea itself is very promising. I'll wait for the start with impatience
Vivinthosh

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:32:00 PM

I wonder if I buy tokens of the company, then how can I influence the development of the company or make important decisions about the company?
ThatCoolCat

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:01 PM

I wonder if I buy tokens of the company, then how can I influence the development of the company or make important decisions about the company?
Traditionally, tokens are not shares. It works quite differently. You can read the description in white paper. But the purchase of tokens gives a number of other advantages.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: