Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins?  (Read 4030 times)
Adenike (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:01:31 PM

Why apple  should take bitcoin? The apple has enough room to create its own block system. Only there must be reasons for openness. Using Apple Pay and Apple Pay Cash company hides personal information on user payments. I don't understand what actions in the business of Apple need openness.

DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:19:42 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 01:30:34 PM by DesmondHayes

Apple has always been the introverted company. Although they are releasing supreme products they are making limitation with the payment systems. They don't accept Bitcoin as a form of payment because they have their own standards that are reputable.

Bitcoin would give them negative reputation ( strange thoughts in the new era of cryptocurrencies)  and that would lower their company profit. They just don't recognize Bitcoin as the legitimate form of money.

They are allowing to apps in their store that have  Bitcoin system( wallets, exchanges, trackers). They also want to ad cryptocurrencies to an open W3C protocol for payments that would be built directly into the browsers.

With the current situation on the market that the Tether has caused, I think that long period of time would need to pass for Apple to accept BTC as the legal way of payment.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

At this point when big players are in a bewilder, retracting Bitcoin as a payment option until it completely stabilizes and the whole volatility concern is debunked. Even if all the criteria is met, I highly doubt Apple would accept Bitcoin as they have their own options and resorting to cryptocurrencies would be a kind of like a setback among all other big corporate players.
gowron24

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:18:51 PM

Apple will accept Bitcoin only when it might potentially suit them, but rather than that, they would probably make a blockchain and coin for them only first. It's a very territorial, closed company.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:28:45 PM

Rather, Apple will create its own crypto currency, than it will start using bitcoin. Moreover, such information has already appeared on the network. A bitcoin with its high price per transaction will move from the category of the payment instrument to the category of asset for investment.
UMAD

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

It sounds you have never built anything yourself before.

Apple's business model isn't to lock everything down. To build the best possible product, you need to control everything. It is that simple. The less control you have, the probability you have a lesser quality product is high. Why do you think animations on old iPhones are smoother than octacore Samsung devices? Because they design their own processors.

Like previous posts said, Apple will either acquire a crypto-currency company with great tech (e.g Ripple) or build their own...welcome to AppleCoin  Grin
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

No way, they will never get into the BTC or the blockchain business itself. They have always followed the monopoly when it comes to the business model. You can’t even connect their devices to other devices for example, Bluetooth headphone, music pods etc. that’s really crazy idea and for that purpose you have to buy all the apple products so that you can synch everything you know. That’s the monopoly that they follow. If not true then why their business is blooming like crazy, there is no reason in that. Surely they won’t open up themselves to a world which is open source itself along with the decentralisation.
BillCoin

Merit: 259

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

It won't happen, unless bitcoin becomes a legal tender and they will have to accept it.

Apple is going to be one of the last companies to accept bitcoin, they are locked down for anything, they afraid from changes, and they were anti bitcoin from the first step.
I think that Apple is not going to voulenteer and accept bitcoin, unless they have to.
Apple is known for being unfriendly to bitcoin and the managers at the top of Apple company are afraid of the coin and will probably do anything for bitcoin to become unsuccessful.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:31:51 PM

it can happen eventually but first people have to want to spend bitcoin first before big companies like Apple see enough demand for it to start accepting bitcoin as payment.
there has been other big companies doing it though such as Microsoft. so i don't think it is completely a matter of "close/open" and wanting to lock things down.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Adenike (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:35:08 PM

Most banks don't accept bitcoins instead if you want to exchange bitcoins in banks that means you are willing to pay a high amount in bank exchange rates.

Let me tell you the reasons that we have bitcoin exchanges as banks and why you need to verify your account by bank statement,residential proof of address,and your identity documents?…that compliance is used to like you bank account with your exchanger for making deposit transaction,or withdrawal without any problems that's why is called friendly exchanger

So always make sure your wallet verified to easily exchange your bitcoins to currency note without any problems experienced
miyaka26

Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:00:05 PM

Did you know why steam is no longer accepting and supporting bitcoin as a form of payment for their platform? because it is not the right time to use it for regular micro transactions which its values are no longer fix to the point that it always sway upwards and downwards, Segwit fixed the transaction fees problem how about its volatility, they've rather use some regular cash to finish their transactions, the same principle applies to apple, if your in the position of the Apple team, do you think they need is it necessary to align the goals of bitcoin to their business?

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

They might accept it but it doesn't seem to be their agenda at the moment because they are more or less limited to their own services. If companies like Apple start using the payments processor of the Bitcoin then it could act like that they are supporting the whole crypto currency stuff and this may not be tolerated by the  government or Apple's legal heir I believe. They are doing business which has hall marked themselves in to the world of electronics and they may not want to get tagged for the bluish move like accepting the payments from blockchain. It is innovative I know but looking at the government's ban and oppositions over the bitcoin use might limit these companies from using it.
budakjawa

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

bitcoin is acceptable to apple or used apple if from bitcoin give advantage for apple party then they will definitely accept bitcoin as their payment.

Xavieroz

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

The individuality of Apple and its creativity to get the most revolutionary products, will not allow you to collaborate with the acceptance of bitcoin within your company, they have always been characterized as creators and promoters of their own brand, I think that in the future they might be Following the steps of Kodak and create your own cryptocurrency technology that allows the purchase and acquisition of Apple products more easily.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

It's not only about Apple but this applies to major tech giants too. These big whales will definitely try to get more benefits out of blockchain technology but when it comes to the cryptocurrencies, they are concerned about the volatility. When I wrote the first word of this post the Bitcoin price was $9,230 and when I am concluding my post, the price is showing $9,250. By the time you read this, there will be a different price. This is about 0.21% volatility within 10 minutes or so. When we try to apply this percentage to the revenue of apple, it estimates around $0.48 billion so extending this calculation up to half an hour, they might earn or lose around 1.44 billion dollars in that time span. Thus, I don't see any chances of big whales accepting cryptocurrencies during such volatility.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Wasn't Microsoft accepting Bitcoin in the past? And they might still be accepting it (I don't really know), though they are as closed as any other corporation out there. Remember that Steve Jobs was officially proclaimed a prophet, huh? But profits always trump prophets, and if accepting Bitcoin could bring Apple enough profits, they would accept it. Another question is whether people are going to pay with their bitcoins for the shit Apple makes, but that's another question.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:29:58 PM

Well to be honest maybe some day on the future apple will be applicable to bitcoin , because bitcoin becoming popular these day , I think the apple refusing it because of the bitcoin image. We all know bitcoin is decentrelized and some using it for illegal , but the fact is someday , it would be our currency that's what I thought.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:29:42 AM

It's not only about Apple but this applies to major tech giants too. These big whales will definitely try to get more benefits out of blockchain technology but when it comes to the cryptocurrencies, they are concerned about the volatility. When I wrote the first word of this post the Bitcoin price was $9,230 and when I am concluding my post, the price is showing $9,250. By the time you read this, there will be a different price. This is about 0.21% volatility within 10 minutes or so. When we try to apply this percentage to the revenue of apple, it estimates around $0.48 billion so extending this calculation up to half an hour, they might earn or lose around 1.44 billion dollars in that time span. Thus, I don't see any chances of big whales accepting cryptocurrencies during such volatility.
Yeah sooner bitcoin will be accepted by all the famous and known brands and if apple accept bitcoin at this stage bitcoin will get more rise in prices and it demand will automatically go to sky and all other companies will also move forward and in competition they will also accept bitcoin and that day will be no far when bitcoin will be the mode of payment all over the world so just wait and watch the progress of bitcoin.
Jlimao28

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:40:05 AM

It is possible to accept the bitcoin by the apple but it seems like apple is not interested to do that since apple is a big company. Apple can provide soon a coin and a Blockchain technology and I think it is also possible for apple to make that.
Ir is nice to see that there will become a big companies that will accept bitcoin as part of their payment system.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: