Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins?  (Read 4031 times)
cryptobotone

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:59:29 PM

One of the reasons why they don't accept bitcoins is volatility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:03:26 PM

It will be but not so soon as its one of a bigest company in the world so at first little companies will accept it then others so if company like Apple will do it then its done.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:12:10 PM

One of the reasons why they don't accept bitcoins is volatility.

They have so much money I don't know how much the volatility would really hurt them in reality.
Anyway, with enough money, you don't have to take big risks.
Bannednehlahmos

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:38:26 PM

I have just read an article on Apple planning to ban some crypto-related activities. It leans toward the assumption that they will not be a fan of Bitcoin anytime soon...

I don't think it is a company that can stop it. for now, they can't see the system they can thank. market has so many variability so it doesn't look hot for big companies, meaning great loss especially for technology companies great.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:44:15 PM

No in nearest times for sure. Apple should support USAs governments position so it depends fully on their ideas.

Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:24:54 PM

As long as Apple is doing good without accepting BTC I think they won't even consider it. But they must be thinking about launching their own crypto currency.
It is not so easy for them to launch their own currency, because they also will need support and investments from bitcoin, according to me some of rumors have told in market that apply is being interested for bitcoin so they are agree to invest into it, they would prefer accepting the present valuable currency than making and introducing their own currency.
nyobaanweh

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:30:52 PM

Accepting Bitcoins as a method of buying something ?

Never.
Since the price of Bitcoins keeps fluctuating the problem is its very risky for not just apple but for any other company or state to accept it as a method of payment.

It's essentially meant for a store house of value not as a method of exchange.( Some exceptions aside )

Also I don't think it will happen someday taken Bitcoins don't get centralized.
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:23:01 PM

I think apple will accept bitcoin soon, in the near future. I remember Microsoft already accept bitcoin as a payment for certain online shopping. Also, there are a few other large companies accept bitcoin as well. I believe there will be more and more companies accept bitcoin in the future.
t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

I don't think they will but they may create their own coin/token.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:16:49 AM

I don't know... If the whole of the market is accepting crypto currency then apple would have to be on board with it. I think if they will still prefer to a closed market system then i guess they'd simoly make their own coin in the exchanges and fund it from their stocks. That i think is doable. But as long as not many people are on crypto currency then they'll stick to it.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:24:31 AM

I don't know... If the whole of the market is accepting crypto currency then apple would have to be on board with it. I think if they will still prefer to a closed market system then i guess they'd simoly make their own coin in the exchanges and fund it from their stocks. That i think is doable. But as long as not many people are on crypto currency then they'll stick to it.
because there are still many governments that have not legalized BTC, so it has not been effective to use crypto. but i am sure that if many facilitate transactions using BTC, then Apple will make its own coin, or facilitate cryptocurrency transactions
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

For sure this will never happen that soon as apple is one of the most stablished and protected gadget provider,the technology behind this company is high standard that cryptocurrency will hard to adapt and same as the apple that would be harder for crypto enter.i am an apple user since then s what i can say is apple dont need crypto to profit because it can cover the needs of the company
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:40:48 AM

Is this true?
If Apple really accepts bitcoin, this is good news and can help the development of bitcoin. I hope this can happen.
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 06:40:12 AM

When the see the evidence of the support of the government and also when there is no manipulative threat by some people believing they can control the price whenever they like.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
KenanCan

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:23:14 AM

"Only bitcoin is pure digital gold"... Woz
IdoandWill

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:11:25 AM

At this stage you still cannot use bitcoin for your payment with apple, but i'm sure they are working on it. Apple normally is the first one to integrate new stuff. Let's wait and see.
Quehuongchenoi

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:59:42 AM

Big companies will easily step up little by little to achieve the goal to let us join the crypto party. Maybe Apple is at the present of conditioning whether it will go with crypto or stay independent in crypto. Most probably apple will become crypto currency adopters in the future. Just my own opinion.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

I just hope this hope will come to past, this will make btc more popular and many new investors will have confident on it to invest big.
Actually we can hope many beautiful things but all of them do not happen. This will be a high achievement for Bitcoin if it got accepted by a company like Apple.

In my opinion, Apply and companies like Microsoft will only accept this technology when it is operatable all over the world. Right now, Bitcoin is banned in many countries and keeping this situation in mind, an investor might not consider it a good choice.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:46:18 AM

When everyone starts accepting crypto currency Apple will be forced to do so as well so they won't be behind the times and be relative. But I'd think that they won't be accepting any coins but will make their own so to still have a closed market kind of thinking. And you won't be able to buy coins for investments.

tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.
Apple doesn’t need to work with Bitcoin. What do they really have to do with it, makes no sense, there are other better things that they can focus on instead of cryptocurrencies. And if cryptocurrency would be good for their business I’m very sure that they would have gone into that a long time ago, because they are already aware do it. But they don’t work with it because it won’t work out well for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: