Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin loses its popularity ?  (Read 5655 times)
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin price is also not stable.
All these factors affect its popularity ??
What you think, still bitcoin is more popular ?
Prices are going down but it does not necessarily mean that its popularity is fading. Bitcoin is being accepted by more institutions all over the world and its popularity is increasing by the day.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.

Bitcoin is still worldy known by million of people around the world and the highest price and volume as compared to all cryptocurrencies.
It just that, some people may not that on fire to Bitcoin to invest because the price keeps on decreasing but they don't see that this is the best time to buy additional coins and then just hold it until the price will rise up again.
There are speculations that Bitcoin will soon to increase its value so I am still hoping and patiently waiting for that time.
So, we better to invest now as Bitcoin is too big to lose in virtual currency world.
Zionamiro

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:46:58 AM

Bitcoin is popular as of now. We cant predict the future of bitcoin because this is a competent business among other currencies.
kavindra

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:49:14 AM

I think bitcoin remains popular because most online stores receive more bitcoin than altcoin, although currently the price of bitcoin is unstable and tends to keep the price down, for me the other coin is an alternative investment besides bitcoin

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Gategold

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:57:59 AM

I just recovered from illness and I was suprised to read this thread.  I have not visited this forum for long time or checked the bitcoin price because a few  days ago I was sick. But come on friends, bitcoin price is still normal.  I don't what was happen but bitcoin price is always up and down, bitcoin is still popular.

bimbomalt

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:02:56 AM

99% altcoin will die except BTC and some other coin will grow stronger
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:05:15 AM

Bitcoin is still quite popular. Although many new coins are pouring in now, they are all based on bitcoin,and I do not think they will surpass bitcoin.
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:06:37 AM

Bitcoin popularity is not just based on the price. Bitcoin  is volatile,changeable,it's price rapidly change which is normal in the market. Popularity of bitcoin is based on the acceptance of the community. Even there are many altcoins rising you still need bitcoin,you need to convert it into bitcoin before you can exchange it into fiat or local money. So,it means bitcoin price go down but not loses it's popularity.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:07:49 AM

Well sometimes i got the same feeling..... Sad

But it would be unwise to say it a Ponzi. It doesn't fall in its definition.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:08:22 AM

Keep in mind that bitcoin was never meant to be what we see now.  It was supposed to be a digital currency.  Right now, it's barely being used for that original intended purpose, and has instead been turned into little more than an expensive slot machine for people to hope and dream about getting rich.  So is it losing popularity?  Yes and no.  It's losing popularity as a currency but it's gaining popularity as a speculative commodity.  The surges and dips in price only accelerate these trends since they make BTC less desirable for buying and selling but great for investing gambling.  I don't see that changing for the foreseeable future unless Lightning actually turns out being everything that Core wants it to be.
FH Hussin

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:14:53 AM

Bitcoin is still the base of all alts . To buy alts you need to buy bitcoin first ,thus it will never unpopular or irrelevant .
Yes other coins might make  you more profits but i think of bitcoin as storing value that in the long run gonna make me profits on my assets too.
Bitcoin price might dump drastically if more alts became paired with other coins and there was no need to buy bitcoin first to buy alts.

totally agree to this statement and yet it will keep prevail its value higher for the future.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:22:25 AM

Is Bitcoin not popular does not depend on us? But you can look at the entire bitcointalk, every day someone is updating the post, then bitcoin how may not popular. And Bitcoin is the basis of all other cryptocurrencies, and its rise and fall will affect them.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:23:44 AM

So, we better to invest now as Bitcoin is too big to lose in virtual currency world.

Just remember this: Myspace.

Myspace was bought for 600 millions in 2005. At that time, Zuckerberg proposed to sell Facebook to the group for 75 millions, they refused.
..only 3 years later, Facebook took over in popularity, and 3 years later again, Myspace was sold for 35 millions.

I'm pretty sure that Bitcoin will never lose its core followers, those who brought its price from a few cents to I'd say, 1000usd, which is already amazing. But the rest of the world, the mass you need for adoption, they aren't BTC worshippers, keep that in mind.

Facebook could as well be taken over, especially with young people following quickly changing trends.
(I'm a long time Skype user, always been using Skype and I always will. But what is "everyone" using these days? Whatsapp? Viber? Or has this already changed?)
An iPhone is still the trendy phone, but with the many Android phones equally good, for how long?

Bitcoin will never be forgotten & that's for sure, but it's uncertain whether it will keep its dominance, which went from 90% to 33% in a year.
I hope for my wallet that it will, but I'd be worried about autosuggestion that BTC is the clear winner, "500k in 2 years", etc.

Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:26:54 AM

It Doesn't mean that there are many competitors in the market, bitcoin will lose its popularity, even though that there are many types of coins are releasing here and there bitcoin will still be king of all them, because bitcoin has implanted its roots on the economy and that roots are too far down to be uprooted easily. And the people investing in bitcoin are far more large than the people investjng in other coins.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:33:13 AM

Bitcoin is still the base of all alts . To buy alts you need to buy bitcoin first

No you don't.

Bitfinex isn't a small exchange, all pairs exist in ETH now. Bittrex & Kraken have many ETH pairs.

Also I would be worried if the value of BTC was significantly based on that fact that it's bought to buy ALTs.
So far, when ALTs were going down, money was going back to BTC. Quite a problem if it goes to ETH instead.

because bitcoin has implanted its roots on the economy and that roots are too far down to be uprooted easily.

Where were you when the BCH flippening was happening? The first one was really scary, there was a direct pipe between BTC & BCH, and if a megadump hadn't happened (thanks for that) when the BCH had reached 0.5 BTC... that crap may be at the top right now.
So keep that in mind, people are there mainly for money, they aren't loyal in any way.
Top second crypto is a generic one that looks like a good challenger. Top third isn't even decentralized. Top fourth is a scam. There isn't any logic at the top, it's all speculation.
iyanfoursix46

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:37:09 AM

Bitcoin still dominates the world market and its popularity increases every day, No other coin is stable other than bitcoin.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:38:22 AM

Bitcoin is still the base of all alts . To buy alts you need to buy bitcoin first

No you don't.

Bitfinex isn't a small exchange, all pairs exist in ETH now. Bittrex & Kraken have many ETH pairs.

Also I would be worried if the value of BTC was significantly based on that fact that it's bought to buy ALTs.
So far, when ALTs were going down, money was going back to BTC. Quite a problem if it goes to ETH instead.

Binance (which I think is a shitty exchange but everyone else seems to love) also has almost all of theirs paired with ETH as well.
MediaHound

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:29:12 AM

two words for you guy
volume popularity
they equal the same

That's a haiku to answer your question. I even double checked it.
Simply put: Volume = Popularity.
Can we agree on that? You can't have one without the other. If there is a huge volume changing hands, it must be a popular thing, yes?
Visit https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage and find on page "24h Vol". Look at that chart since the early days, the volume is at an unquestionable all time high nowadays (and always has been that way as time went on, actually).
So, again, to answer the question if Bitcoin is losing its popularity, if we look at it from the "volume" perspective, it hasn't lost it's popularity. It's gained and been a fairly nonstop train upwards and onwards since the beginning (arguably small speed bumps notwithstanding).
But still, even though Bitcoin is chugging along it's (slightly treacherous) rails, and doing great (volume is at an all time high) (volume = popularity, remember), it has "competitors", competing for, as you said, "popularity", or people's attention (money).
Now find on page "Percentage of Total Market Cap". Yikes? Maybe its losing popularity? Well, maybe not (remember the other chart?). So what's going on here? Some may argue that it is losing popularity when you look at this chart. Well, popularity in what? Many other things keep getting lumped into that chart as time goes on. Artwork? check. Cars? check. And just think, you can soon own any amount of mass of an old spaceship (or you-name-it) as you can afford! See what's happening? There's no limit to what will be dumped into the bucket called the "market". Everything from tokens which represent a fiat currency's "value", on down to cars and artwork, and everything in-between listed as tokenized assets and being traded on the markets. There's Trillions (yes, with a T) of dollars (USD speak here, sorry guys) worth of old-world "assets" headed to the marketplaces in the next few years. Are they really fighting for their "market share" away from Bitcoin? They got sent down that alley by default. Fighting among each other, that's for certain. Up until now it is (or was) Bitcoin against the world. So it is dwindling in that chart. New entrants to the exchanges, are on the other hand against Bitcoin. Hence the need for that chart. Its definitely a good topic, to watch Bitcoin dwindle when looking at enormous amounts of money flowing, let's say, to the blockchain. New "things" will be invented and added to that chart as time goes on.
On the other hand, who cares of the proportion of what kinds of things people buy at a supermarket - unless you run a supermarket! Apples, oranges, paper, milk, cookies, water, juice, soda, etc. What does a shopping cart consist of, what can we sell these people and how to arrange the store, the market, etc. Pair what near what, etc.
Bitcoin "market share" seems to go down when comparing it with those other types of things you can buy in those same marketplaces where you can buy Bitcoin. Thats what you should keep in the forefront of your mind when reading the "Percentage of Total Market Cap" chart. Then throw it in the garbage. If you run an exchange, determine trading pairs, god-like decisions such as these, of course it will matter more to you. But for an investor who is buying Bitcoin, and hoping Bitcoin goes up in value a lot faster than what they bought it with, maybe it shouldn't. The trading pairs at all the exchanges nearly all at least include a Bitcoin pair. Right now there are very limited trading pairs, it wont get more limited, but rather, it will become less limited as time goes on. Tomorrow's FinTech will eventually devour today's trading pair limitations and Bitcoin will be held in a different regard than it is today. Will that cause it to not be popular anymore? Not needed anymore? Needed for other things? Will any of it's current "competitors", and/or new entrants succeed with a better "product"; a super-Bitcoin built bigger better stronger faster cheaper (you name it).
Despite all that, one thing to me is clear, it is not at all losing popularity, according to the stats and facts, at least for now. Will it change one way or the other and what's going to happen, what events will cause other turns of events, and how things pan out.. for sure we will eventually see.
farhan28

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:32:19 AM

I think there is no  possibility for bitcoin to lose its popularity..Bitcoin is the famous cryptocurrency & day by day it is increasing..so after hearing the question, I feel it is funny to ask..
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:38:58 AM

Just because there are many coins available for the trade doesn't mean that we are loosing the focus on bitcoin itself. There is no relation between that as long as alts market is getting us huge profits or gains in the long term as compared to the bitcoin.

Thats not the reason for people getting away from the bitcoin and they will never as long as they know the ultimate fate of the bitcoin. Everyone who trades the bitcoin all the time and are old holders of it, know very well that bitcoin is not loosing its value over the time. The pump and dump of the value of the coin is in its nature and thats not at all affecting its popularity. In fact most of the people are using this nature to trade efficiently and gain profits.

It needs only few good development news to published all over the internet and then it will start rising again and more popularity gain is expected form such event. This always happens and thats what attracts many people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: