Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin loses its popularity ?  (Read 5655 times)
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:39:38 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin price is also not stable.
All these factors affect its popularity ??
What you think, still bitcoin is more popular ?

Popularity is the key to Bitcoin's success but it started as something irrelevant. So if it ends up to irrelevancy the Bitcoin technology will recover. Since the advocates are tech savvy. There is no way for it to die just because some crypto was born from nowhere.

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin is still the base of all alts . To buy alts you need to buy bitcoin first ,thus it will never unpopular or irrelevant .
Yes other coins might make  you more profits but i think of bitcoin as storing value that in the long run gonna make me profits on my assets too.
Bitcoin price might dump drastically if more alts became paired with other coins and there was no need to buy bitcoin first to buy alts.

Will it happen soon? I mean use another altcoin as trading pair?
If yes, it might make bitcoin loss its popularity. As of now, there are 3 coins whichbis used as pair.
1. Bitcoin
2. Etherium
3. Monero
tayogpanganiban

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:44:42 AM

I don't think that bitcoin will loss it's popularity..Never to happen.Bitcoin is already widely accepted and many people has already slowly adopting this currency.That's the reason why bitcoin still the number 0ne cryptocurrency.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
er]
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:02:42 AM

Bitcoin is still more popular despite the existence of other coins. Bitcoin still receives love from investors,the price is actually a good advantage for them to buy bitcoin. They believe that after several months,bitcoin will pump up again so they want to buy now and hold it for a long time. Bitcoin will never lose its popularity unless one's country banned it.

Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:06:15 AM

For me it's no, because their are a lot people now using bitcoin and like bitcoins. Because they all know their are a lot of potential in bitcoin.
dicom

Activity: 123
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:16:06 AM

I think bitcoin is still the dominant player in a cryptocurrency market, and other types of coins are hard to replace in a short period of time. Bitcoin is now at a low price, but the next few days may be rise.
fritzbird

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:42:11 AM

I believe Bitcoin is still currently leading the race in terms of popularity and value. People may
have just gotten used to it since it's been dominating the market for quite
some time now despite the continuing price fluctuations, which is normal
even with the new so-called popular and profitable coins. Maybe it's
just sharing the popularity because without btc, these new coins
wouldn't be here in the first place. It's a healthy
set-up, looks potentially good too.
LinAliza

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:47:10 AM

I don't think bitcoin will lose its popularity as it has so many opportunities to earn in this digital money. Well, sad to say that China has totally banning bitcoin trading and initial coin offerings in their community as most of their citizens had used it in money laundering. At Bitcoin is a mystery on how it works and no one owns even gov't can't control it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/03/china-to-eventually-lift-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-exchange-ban-bobby-lee-btcc.html
akkocoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:51:47 AM

I think bitcoin is still the dominant player in a cryptocurrency market, and other types of coins are hard to replace in a short period of time. Bitcoin is now at a low price, but the next few days may be rise.
I agree with you that bitcoin can be said to be the ancestor of other cryptocurrencies and that when they see bitcoin prices fall, they say bitcoin is going to die, and they do not know how many bitter bitcoin has experienced in the past few years , and finally the bitcoin price is rising even higher, I guess those who abandon bitcoin must have regretted.
Sadnu

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:17:43 AM

Bitcoin's popularity is not lost in this popular medium and is being broadcast on television and gradually becomes known. When looking at the market caps of popular cryptocurrencies, one of the things a lot of people like to focus on is Bitcoin’s status relative to the other coins. While it’s a great way to see which coins are climbing up the ranks and increasing in adoption and value, the fact is that Bitcoin is not likely to lose its status as the dominant cryptocurrency – at least right now.
Angela567

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:55:23 AM

I don't think bitcoin will lose its popularity as it has so many opportunities to earn in this digital money. Well, sad to say that China has totally banning bitcoin trading and initial coin offerings in their community as most of their citizens had used it in money laundering. At Bitcoin is a mystery on how it works and no one owns even gov't can't control it.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/01/03/china-to-eventually-lift-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-exchange-ban-bobby-lee-btcc.html
You are right. Although China prohibits bitcoin, there are still many investors. Bitcoin is a digital currency. As the Internet technology develops, it will be known by more people.
bunca

Activity: 110
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:59:48 AM

Bitcoin may have reduced demand, we all do not have, but this is unlikely, unless there is a fatal flaw, the possibility is not large. There is something else to replace him in the other, in the short term unless completely beyond bitcoin, or alternative is unlikely.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

I do not think that the fact of emerging of new coins affect bitcoin, its popularity most depends on media, on regulations/restrictions recently adopted in Asia and other more global factors.
Ram krish

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:04:17 AM

It never loses it's popularity. All people know about bitcoin. It have changed the lifestyle of all people.all people aware of bitcoin.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

I believe bitcoin is still the most popular of all cryptocurrency. Though it drops its price to a point where half of its price from last month is lost but its popularity is untarnished. The factor in which i see that affects bitcoin drop is the news about the banning on some nations to cryptocurrency.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
sampath19

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:09:08 AM

no. in this days BTC has a Little bit drop. but still 1 bitcoin = near 10000 US doller
and this day introduces more coin type. but still that new coin values also depend on BTC. most people try to so heard mining BTC using many different ways and also more people spend lot of money to take a BTC. so i don't think BTC popularity is going lower.    
noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:11:53 AM

Bitcoin is still more popular despite the existence of other coins. Bitcoin still receives love from investors,the price is actually a good advantage for them to buy bitcoin. They believe that after several months,bitcoin will pump up again so they want to buy now and hold it for a long time. Bitcoin will never lose its popularity unless one's country banned it.
I think bitcoin can survive even if the country prohibits bitcoin. Bitcoin is based on a blockchain. Based on the internet, as long as the Internet exists and there is a concept of cryptocurrency, I think bitcoin will exist. Bitcoin popularity will not receive the effect of other cryptocurrencies, new coins have brought new investment, but the new coin is often higher than the bitcoin's risk. I think bitcoin can be used as a countervailing asset.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:15:11 AM

two words for you guy
volume popularity
they equal the same

No they're not. You need popularity for volume, but not the opposite.
Bitconnect was popular, and still is (pretty sure it will take time to be forgotten). Well were's your volume now? (& I know, quite ironically it's the one that pumped the most yesterday.. but it's still as worthless)

Also, volume means selling as much as buying. If the mass is selling to a few whales, then it's losing popularity. If a few whales are selling to the mass, or the mass to the mass, then it's popular.

But again, I don't think BTC lost popularity, I think it earned popularity, but ALTs earned even more popularity. BTC brought people to the crypto world, & thus to ALTs. Many have known about BTC for years, they just didn't know that there were other coins. Now they do, and they realize that it may be risky to put all their money in the same BTC basket.
olya_n

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:16:45 AM

Because of the drop in cost, bitcoin will not become less popular. The world does not stand still, with every day there are many different new altcoins. But not all altcoins are promising and profitable ...
paulo013

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:21:16 AM

Bitcoin will not ever loose it popularity but the investor's of it, that's probably why bitcoin affect the today's price. if you heard the news some country's ban bitcoin or all crypto exchanges that's why price is dumping.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: