Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin loses its popularity ?  (Read 5655 times)
zhuravlevjob

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:22:20 AM

No! It is not true! Embarrassed
gulechain

Activity: 107
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:23:24 AM

At present, although a large number of cottage coins are constantly emerging in the market, most of the cottage coins are unreliable and many are misappropriating items. Although Bitcoin has been falling recently, its popularity is still the highest.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin price is also not stable.
All these factors affect its popularity ??
What you think, still bitcoin is more popular ?
Bitcoin is still the base of all alts . To buy alts you need to buy bitcoin first ,thus it will never unpopular or irrelevant .
Yes other coins might make  you more profits but i think of bitcoin as storing value that in the long run gonna make me profits on my assets too.
Bitcoin price might dump drastically if more alts became paired with other coins and there was no need to buy bitcoin first to buy alts.

I agree. I think that it is not losing popularity per se. It's just that the competition in the market now is quite tight that because so many altcoins and tokens are being introduced in the market at the moment. Also, since the price of bitcoin is continuously falling, people are opting just to keep their Bitcoins on hold until such time that it would be better to trade it or sell for a better value. The loss of traffic and usage of bitcoin transaction is realling affecting for its value to go down at the moment. I think that once the value starts to go up, it would amount to another shift of attention from people, going back to Bitcoin like how it was before.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
frery

Activity: 147
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:25:55 AM

It is sad but Bitcoin best years are over  Undecided Mainly because bitcoin became so congested and stopped developing itself while other currencies progressed.  It doesn't help also that only big miners can mine BTC and not average GPU/CPU users. This is not what Sathoshi wanted. Mining should be available for everyone.
But now we have hard fork called Bitcoin Cash which is 8 times faster and much cheaper, which resembles Satoshi idea more closely. And many other altcoins to choose from.
Indeed, we did not seize the initiative, and now bitcoin is already known by most people that if Bitcoin does not develop itself, it will most likely be superseded by other cryptocurrencies.
sujeewacrypto

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

It's depends. Bitcoin is strong enough to survive as the king until now. But we don't know about the future. If any of alt with better performance prompt, BTC may be attacked. But until now, Bitcoin is the base currency in cripto industry. That's why Bitcoin is the no 1.  
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:55:41 AM

I dont think  will happened. Now a day BTC is famous in terms of investment all over the world except the China are believed the BTC is the big factor to have a World success but am sure time will come that China also accepts the BTC they will realized the impact to everyone to makes life better.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:57:08 AM

It's depends. Bitcoin is strong enough to survive as the king until now. But we don't know about the future. If any of alt with better performance prompt, BTC may be attacked. But until now, Bitcoin is the base currency in cripto industry. That's why Bitcoin is the no 1.  

It is certainly attacked right now, by ETH, pretty close behind. But think of it, better ETH than BCH or XRP..

Also more & more projects will go from concepts to beta to working apps, that use ETH (or NEO).
You know the coin I valued the most when I got in? Augur. Only because Augur wasn't just a concept, there were announcements of working betas. That has value, it's not blind trust anymore, there is at least something solid coming up.
And it went pretty well for Augur, even though the value of the Augur coin inside Augur itself is debatable, as Augur will apparently be powered by.. ETH again.
Anyway, some people see all ICOs as scams, and it's quite possible that most of them are. But in 2018 we will probably see the first "concrete" apps coming up, apps that have the ability to generate money & have buy-back plans, thus investments that would look more solid/less like blind trust, to classic investors.

People have put money on all kinds of crap on Kickstarter, this is no different I believe. That's what I believe the mass is eventually gonna do, put very little money on all kinds of projects, I can't imagine them going all BTC. That requires a lot of faith.
Kloug

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

I dont think  will happened. Now a day BTC is famous in terms of investment all over the world except the China are believed the BTC is the big factor to have a World success but am sure time will come that China also accepts the BTC they will realized the impact to everyone to makes life better.

Really?
If the BTC reached its ATH, it's thanks to China you know. They went back through the backdoor, but they definitely went back. BTC is still mainly asian (China/Korea/Japan), pretty certain.
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:03:17 AM

when talking about the popular bitcoin is still on the other coins, just from now the price is getting down just, keep the shipping costs are still high so many people may start switching to other coins like ethereum that the price is quite stable up and down in the numbers continue, I hope bitcoin able to rise to 19k price again as before
Austin143

Activity: 242

XCH4NGE - Connecting Crypto Users Worldwide!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:16:34 AM

No, of course not Bitcoin is continuously known by the community around the world. Specially here in our country, the bitcoin is gaining popularity over and over again, and specially when the media creates reports or documentary about bitcoin has a huge impact to the people who've watched it, then they are now going to talk about it, and because of that "Word of Mouth", one of the ways to advertise something, and gaining popularity about bitcoin is now unstoppable.
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin will not lose its popularity easily although there are some issues that bitcoin is facing right now. Altcoins are giving people a false meaning about cryptocurrency when their system failed and people who invest in them loss thier money or maybe some are making the name of bitcoin to scam others. These are some of the reason why other country prevent people to use it. But even there are negative issues that bitcoin is facing right now, it is still popular to the public or the world that there is this kind of system that will make them free from the government and will give you earnings A-side from work.
mejalipat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:33:38 AM

I think that the decline in bitcoin prices today makes bitcoin losing its popularity let alone many other coins that come up and have better prices, people are turning to other coins that may be more profitable
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:39:57 AM

Well, bitcoin is still at the top because of it's value and as it was the first and the original altcoin. Even if some of the other coins are more profitable than bitcoin currently, it will still remain the most popular. Most of the people, including me came to know about cryptocurrencies through bitcoin.
As for the investors who have alot of knowledge about cryptos and who invest regularly in them, some other coins might be more popular than bitcoin, as they can't earn much profit through bitcoin currently
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:46:51 AM

There are a more coins in the market but all of them are still depending their market and price to bitcoin so as you can see when bitcoin's price is falling, they are following.
What can you expect with a coin that's decentralized and isn't controlled by the government?
Bitcoin is popular no matter what it affects and if someone will actually say cryptocurrency, the first thing that will come to their mind is bitcoin.
Yes, there are news around there that are influencing bitcoin in a negative way.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MiF

Activity: 1386
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Well, bitcoin is still at the top because of it's value and as it was the first and the original altcoin. Even if some of the other coins are more profitable than bitcoin currently, it will still remain the most popular. Most of the people, including me came to know about cryptocurrencies through bitcoin.
As for the investors who have alot of knowledge about cryptos and who invest regularly in them, some other coins might be more popular than bitcoin, as they can't earn much profit through bitcoin currently
Yes i agree on that i dont really believe that bitcoin loose its popularity because bitcoin has an amazing features that can really make everyone independent in terms of financial aspects.I believe in bitcoin and its capability to give more profit to those who take or maybe ingage on it seriously.

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:00:51 PM

Yeah, a very sad fact for bitcoin users, because currently bitcoin is in a state of decline and popularity is decreased. Many bitcoin users change their bitcoin into altcoin because it is more popular and the price is more stable. I don't know what causes it, but crypto market is experiencing a drastic decline at this time. Bitcoin and altcoins decrease simultaneously and it becomes difficult to know which coins are most popular.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Kloug

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

What can you expect with a coin that's decentralized and isn't controlled by the government?

Crypto isn't stable because there aren't enough people in it, it's that simple.

You just can't compare the amount of people trading BTC vs the amount trading EUR or USD.

And BTC, still being at the top, is still the most stable crypto (which, again, does not mean stable, at all). Those who are saying that ALTs are more stable, are probably very new.
Cgrbb

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

no its not. actually it gains more popularity. there is no bad advertisment they say.
it will rise again and most of the people will say "oh why didnt i buy at that price" Smiley
dashchain

Activity: 108
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:12:02 PM

At present the price of the entire market is declining, bitcoin price fluctuations, although a bit big, but I think it is normal, a short period of time will not affect its status, after all, it as the boss of the entire market, After all, it as the boss of the entire market, it has the characteristics of other cottage coins.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:15:55 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 12:36:18 PM by bubbagump

Crypto isn't stable because there aren't enough people in it, it's that simple.

You just can't compare the amount of people trading BTC vs the amount trading EUR or USD.

And BTC, still being at the top, is still the most stable crypto (which, again, does not mean stable, at all). Those who are saying that ALTs are more stable, are probably very new.

There's also the fact that the distribution of coins is just flat out terrible.  In BTC, you have people like Roger Sperg or the Winklevii who control enough to move the markets by themselves, not to mention what would happen if Satoshi came back and decided that dumping would be entertaining.  Plus the fact that anyone can hold multiple wallets, so for all we know, there's some secret mega-whale out there that has even more than even those people.  Of course this isn't unique to BTC.  There are other cryptos that are even worse.  It's not unusual anymore for the devs of whichever shitcoin to reserve the majority of coins for "future plans".  Until, or maybe I should say unless the distribution is more evened out, it's impossible for crypto to be stable.  There's just way too much power in way too few hands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: