Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:55:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2625 times)
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:49:38 AM

It's only weeks old.  Give the system time to develop.  Sure it takes some time to get merit but you don't need any until you get to member and then it only takes 10 merit.  Takes at least 2 months to get to member status.  Make some decent posts that are related to the topic and you will probably get enough merit by then.  Sure it's not perfect but if someone is writing crap they definitely won't get merit... which is why the merit points were created.  Seems like a decent system to me.  

The part that doesn't make much sense to me is the merits can go to legendary members who don't need the merit.  Sure they are the most deserving on a lot of there quality posts but they don't need them for anything other than it shows they write quality posts....  but the merits are then halved and so half of those merits given are wasted.  Seems like any merit given to a legendary member should stay whole.  A legendary member that gets 1 merit should then get 1 sMerit to send.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0;topicseen

In this post Theymos received hundreds of merit on writing the merit system.  Sure they did a great job and put a lot of time and thought into it, and people agree with the system so gave merit but ... Why does an administrator need merit??
Cryptolord55

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

Yeah, nobody will give us merit except our self and friend.
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:09:03 AM

I think you're in the wrong thread, you can raise your concern here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 It's going to be competitive match to all of us doing a signature campaign. Guess what we need to workout all of our campaigns and make a huge profit after the ICO by just joining other camps.

lekam0213

Activity: 275
Merit: 10

We offer our Service

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:16:25 AM

You are right,not all the quality posts are being recognized by most of the people here in forum,the merit system will fail and im sure theymos would do something about this,as he promised he will adjust this when most of the new folks find it hard to get merits.The only good thing about the merit system is,most of the spammers lately are being forced to post quality contents for them to get some merit points.

Yeah, I also agree with you. Merit is good to incourage the member to post quality to be recognize and receive merit but even though quality post posted by someone some member are greedy to give the merit and pretend they haven't the post.

***BOUNTY MANAGEMENT***
***COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT***
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:27:43 AM

For me.merit system really works because most of the shitposters has decreased from the past 2 weeks,they arent not polluting our forum maybe because they cant farm more accounts anymore.If theymos really dont intended this merit system to resolve the shitposters well he is lucky it worked for most of the people here,he should adjust the merit requirements so people can still rank up fast.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:50:02 AM

Merit system indeed fucked up the entire ranking system of bitcointalk,but the main reason why theymos put this system is to eliminate those shitposters and spammers in the forum which is clearly working,most of the shitposters are gone there are less spammy posts,so for the greater good this really works im sure most of the people wont agree to me because their ranks got fucked up.

Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
The merit system was established to encouraged every bitcoiner to make a constructive post.  It is also intended to limit spammer and to minimize the flooding number of newbies. And I think this can make the forum healthier.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that it does not carry out its goal because nobody is willing to give their merit no matter how good or constructive your post specially if they do not know you personally.  I guess merit system can be used in political agenda in this forum.  If a person know many friends here, they can use their connections to gather merits but in return, they are also expecting that they will receive from you. Only famous people can only gather merits or somebody will ask something in return just to give you merits.  I hope this aspect will soon realized by the moderator.
bowonakulo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

idap.io

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:42:57 AM

actually, is it true that people are just chasing high ratings in this forum? is sr member or above is the goal in this forum? actually I do not know what the merit really is, many people just want to read the post, without leaving a trail or anything, unless they do not like the writing that we make or just spam, they can report it to the moderator

Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:53:28 AM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
i think merit point so work and it make member in this forum difficult to up rank.. it sad to other member because not all member in this forum doing spam .
of course now new people in this forum so many. but to take merit point not efficient for old member

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:59:46 AM

Theymos did a very good job establishing the merit system. But for me it will really take a long time in leveling up to a higher rank because not all people are giving merit most especially to the ones who are really answering the question and with a really relevant answer. Hopefully somebody will gice merit to those who are really doing relevant posts and because they really deserve the merit.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:06:16 AM

This system should definitely change. Merit points must be given unlimited because nobody wants to give Merit in these conditions.

Well, it is quite difficult to get merit points, it definitely required changes so that new members can get merit points with some good activity. But giving unlimited sMerit points is not a solution.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:10:03 AM

I don't mind about merit anymore. I just keep on loving what I do here in this forum, to enlighten and share my opinions regarding Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I don't even care if I'm a Senior Member for the rest of my life because I am not after ranking up anyway.

I'm happy to be a Senior Member even if it takes me forever, coz' it takes me a very, very, very, very, very long while to reach 500 merit or more. I'm just being grateful for what I have. Giving me merits unexpectedly is just a bonus for me.  

Despite that we do all need to rank up, it's just that the merit system is a way for us to get rewarded if our posts are helpful, or sending a merit if that post really helps me a lot.

Overall, I'm just happy to be here. Crypto changed my life. Wink

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

Merit is given to those who deserve it. Did you make a thorough study on the current merit system that made you conclude that the system is not working? What is your basis or its just because you don't get merits on your posts that's why you concluded that the merit system is a failure. Its not even more than 2 weeks, give it a chance.

That's bullshit though.  Look at which posts in this very thread got merited and tell me why they were deserving and others weren't.  The only common theme seems to be that they defended the merit system.  Is that what the system was created for?  How is that any different than the circle-jerks that the "upvote" or "like" systems perpetuate?

There are lots of problems with the merit system, but the one that stands out to me, other than the arbitrariness (not sure if this is even a real word but the spell checker seems to think it is lol) of the whole thing is that there are just so damn many posts created on this forum that it's impossible for them to be judged on whatever metric of usefulness that is supposed to be used.  It also isn't cutting down on spam either.  I still gloss over 90% of the posts I see because they're just the same sentence being regurgitated using varying degrees of broken English to answer the OP, with maybe a handful of people actually responding to other posters and furthering discussion.  Instead of worrying about likes/merits/epeen-measuring-contests, I'd rather see a 4chan style system that tags responses to each post with mouseovers.

Disclaimer: I honestly don't give a crap about the advertising privileges or whatever it is that a higher rank is supposed to grant since I block every single ad on this site.  Yep, the annoying banner ads, the signatures, and every other eyesore that's on the default site.  Is there a membership or something that I can buy to get rid of all of that shit?
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:21:00 AM

Well ofcourse Merit system is new not all of members here at the forum know about it. Only those bounty hunters are the only one concern about it. Dont hate about this system because it is highly effective to reduce spammers and account farmers bro.
Although getting merited is hard it is still not possible just continue being yourself and post informative and constructive post to be appreciated by others.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
colautronggio

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:30:09 AM

I agree with you, the reward system has a confusion. There are systems that do not recognize my nick
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:54:38 AM

I admit that I was very upset about this new merit system (I was just a week far to become Member, now I have to wait ten merits. And to become full member is an illusion).
But now I see that it was the only solution: yesterday theymos wrote a very good post, explaining that if the merit system won't work, the only alternative will be to shut down the whole campaign system.

So, with all the complaining you can make, the goal was to stop spam and shitposting, and this was achieved. Stop.

Now, of course, there is a lot of space for improvement: at present the system seems to me too rigid, too favorable to old members and there are too few merits in circulation.

Theymos said he is open to any suggestion of improvement, so - instead of complain - it's better to make any effort to make the system work and - if we had ideas to improvement - to propose them.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:46:42 PM

I agree with you. With so many member in this forum there will be some difficulties gaining merits. For me, I will contribute good quality post, I don't care anymore about the merit. If someone recognize my post and give me merit "thanks" and if no one recognize it "thanks again". I am not here to gain merit and wait for months just to rank up. I am here to join a campaign and earn some extra income. That's the truth and I don't want to be hypocrite, I am just being true to myself.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

There are advantages in this system I know all of us is adjusting in this merit system, first me myself is forced and now being conscious of what im posting in this thread, second spammers find it difficult to post in this forum. But there are disadvantages, merits is hard to obtain by ordinary people here in this forum as what others says some quality post are not recognized by others, and people is not conscious to the post of others and keeping their merit for them self and dont know where to share it or give it.  maybe there are ways to improve this system. This is only my opinion.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:16:42 PM

I agree with most of the comments. there are a lot of member now in this forum. The best way to monitor good standing members that those who create quality post is really putting merit/s. This will really help create a much better platform.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:19:04 PM

I do agree to a degree that the merit system may not be entirely fair because it is based on human ranking human and there might be a bias or some favoritism attached to people meriting certain individuals or posts, even though there are other posts more deserving of being given merits.
On another note though, it is a system effectively working to eradicate cheating and spamming which has riddled the forum of late. Maybe there can also be some bots giving merits, like an AI bot created to give generic merits to decent posts. I wonder if such a bot can be created and if it could render the merit system to work in a fairer manner? I just thought it could be a good idea in this case.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀