Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2610 times)
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:33:06 PM
Merited by Naitik (1)

Yes! It may fail at some stages. but we have to wait before making any conclusion.
I also think that Some posts are very good in the forum. I internally want to give them the merit point, but i don't have.
And some posts are like that they get bulk of merit, but i can't understand why they have these merit points.
We are talking about merit system everyday about it flaws, it means definitely need some revision.
I think owner of this forum also take a look on our posts.
So we have to stop criticizing it, and give them the solution for the modification.
I personally think that everybody should provide with the equal opportunity whether it is junior member or hero/legendary.
But who says there will be no criticising then, We will not happy, if the things goes tougher and tougher.
making quality posts everyday is not the cup of cake. So they have to judge then on other factors.
I hope this forum become lively once again,where we have other topics to discuss rather than this merit system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocurrenciesboom

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:12:40 PM

Im so sick of people who got their merit for free, talking about how its perfect! There are a lot of us who got trown under a train just because we got here a week or a month later! But 99% of you who talk how its good and bla bla bla didnt have to post anything else but bounties and you got full bags of merit for free and now preach us about constructive posts!!!

Hey bozo, you want to talk about my FIVE years of constructive posts, helping build bitcoin and the community?

I deserve what I received.  I'll be glad when the merit system finally causes these drains on the forum to go away.
That's why the merit system does not work! You are a legend, you deserve it, by your activity it is visible to all. However, you for your "constructive" post have already received 2 merits, which in principle you absolutely do not need, and I do not see any information in it honestly. The only thing that those who sent you the merits are your friends, or people expect that you will also praise them in return.

diemquy057

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:04:10 AM

In fact merit  given for high quality, constructive posts, NOT FOR FREE. And merit system was launched with original targets are reducing spamming in the forum; and turn the forum back as a place for discussions about Bitcoin and Altcoins.
Consequently, you will get no merit if you won't keep trying and contribute to the forum.
najmul33

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

I'm really happy new merit system because now no one can spamming the forum. now peoples here in the forum to improve their post, but only a few members are got merit from other,

I think this system only allows to Moderator, who can give merit in the quality post when they are verified. because I say someone gives merit in bounty post
iconzi

Activity: 207
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:38:31 PM

The merit system is in the experimental phase and I think dev and moderators are keeping an eye on it and looking for some exploit in this new system that they established. As  I see its pretty biased on those who are a higher rank than those on the lower rank, the gap in the merit can give and the merit you can get is extremely high and it'll be harder to get merits than you wait for your activity.

I agree with you. Besides why do everyone needs merits for?  Just share your thoughts, do productive replies. and why care about your Rank in Forum?  is it all about business?

Merits aren't just about removing a barrier to promotion. They can help members to determine which of their posts are approved or wanted by other members. If a topic doesn't get any merits or responses, then you should probably drop thst topic imho.

I agree with you. But to open a topic, Merit is must? I am fairly new to the forum and still learning about everything here. Cheers!
sash1801

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

well, that just a new system.. too fast if u judge merit failed. we just dont know what is a criteria a good comment as merit need, that the problem. we think our comment was good, but maybe its not count as good comment in merit system.
And what you wrote here is a good example of a shitty 3rd world post by someone trying to write in a language they don't really know.  What's the purpose of you writing this?  It contributes nothing, even if you wrote it perfectly--which you very much didn't.  Stick to the local boards.  You're never going to get merit points by writing such drivel.  You're the whole reason the merit system was created, IMO.
Sorry, but what about those who do not speak the language and use an interpreter.
those topics where you can earn in English
I only this year began to try to understand crypto. I'm sorry that real newcomers are poorly rewarded. and multiverse, they know how everything is arranged, and it will be easier for them
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

well, that just a new system.. too fast if u judge merit failed. we just dont know what is a criteria a good comment as merit need, that the problem. we think our comment was good, but maybe its not count as good comment in merit system.
And what you wrote here is a good example of a shitty 3rd world post by someone trying to write in a language they don't really know.  What's the purpose of you writing this?  It contributes nothing, even if you wrote it perfectly--which you very much didn't.  Stick to the local boards.  You're never going to get merit points by writing such drivel.  You're the whole reason the merit system was created, IMO.
Sorry, but what about those who do not speak the language and use an interpreter.
I only this year began to try to understand crypto. I'm sorry that real newcomers are poorly rewarded. and multiverse, they know how everything is arranged, and it will be easier for them

There are local sections for those who do not speak English. Please don't go the the English sections and use Google Translate, as that makes pointless hard to understand posts. There are merit sources in local sections as well.

If you are a "real newcomer" as in someone here not just to make money, your rank shouldn't be much of a concern for you, and you'll get merits as you learn.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
zaq130

Activity: 280
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:23:45 AM

There are local sections for those who do not speak English. Please don't go the the English sections and use Google Translate, as that makes pointless hard to understand posts. There are merit sources in local sections as well.

If you are a "real newcomer" as in someone here not just to make money, your rank shouldn't be much of a concern for you, and you'll get merits as you learn.
>There are merit sources in local sections as well.

There is no merit source in Japanese local section.
That is the reason many people are stop sharing their information in Japanese local section.

If it is possible, could you make someone in Japanese local section a merit source?

Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:57:03 AM

It's doing the job. I've seen lesser spam post and flooding though it'll take time to get used to the meriting system.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:55:12 AM

I'm really happy new merit system because now no one can spamming the forum.

Spamming and Flooding posts will not stop as long as there are bounty campaigns here, it is not that no once can spam now but it is reduced due to the requirements of having a merit to rank up.

now peoples here in the forum to improve their post, but only a few members are got merit from other,

There is a lot of people here that are trying to make their "quality post" but still not being merited, it will take time for them to received a merit, just be patient.

I think this system only allows to Moderator, who can give merit in the quality post when they are verified.

I am not a moderator but I do get some merits to my post since I am spending my time constructing them. Consider that.

because I say someone gives merit in bounty post

Well, it's they're own merit to spend and not yours.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:55:45 AM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

You aren't right. Look at this stats: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent

Almost every minute here in forum is some post rewarded with merit.

Seriously? That's an absolute joke given how many active users there are in this forum. It's like squeezing a dried dish towel for a drop of water when you need a bucket of it. Even people that make frequent good posts that receive +1 merit will spend years for their next rank up. There are exceptions yes, but it's incredibly rare and will remain incredibly rare unless the merit system is drastically changed.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:09:35 AM

Seriously? That's an absolute joke given how many active users there are in this forum. It's like squeezing a dried dish towel for a drop of water when you need a bucket of it. Even people that make frequent good posts that receive +1 merit will spend years for their next rank up. There are exceptions yes, but it's incredibly rare and will remain incredibly rare unless the merit system is drastically changed.

Let it remain incredibly rare then.  Smiley

What good is a title of "Legendary" if it's common?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:18:53 AM

Let it remain incredibly rare then.  Smiley

What good is a title of "Legendary" if it's common?

You know what irks me was the plethora of legendary shitposters since I joined the forum. I agree the rank should be rare, but it would be great if everyone had to re-earn their merit and the shitposters weren't grandfathered in so easily.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:26:59 AM

You know what irks me was the plethora of legendary shitposters since I joined the forum. I agree the rank should be rare, but it would be great if everyone had to re-earn their merit and the shitposters weren't grandfathered in so easily.
And you're frustrated because...?
You're envious because...?
Also I'm not sure why youre complaining because you have more merit than many users of your rank.  If it was an easy thing to earn merits, the system wouldn't have been worth implementing.   We're only in the second month here, and all the newbies are getting impatient instead of improving their output.
Fortified
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:48:46 AM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
I think as newbie we should not worry about it. As respect to the admin of this forum, they know much better ways for the improvement of everyone. Merits system is good idea to combat spamming and shitposters accounts. We just need to wait for enough time so we can see the results. Too much complaining is not good.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

It's true people don't give out their merits most likely for free. But that shouldn't be a major concern as the merit system is not concerned about how fast a user can get a new rank. It's concern is about a users quality input. But I would say that if the system was to check a users input by themselves, it could be more better than vesting that single assessment right in individuals. Because by assessing users inputs themselves, everyone will have a fair treatment.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:11:14 AM

We need to wait my friend. Merit system are in adjustment mode. There are thousand of users in the forum. Judgement is very hard if only few are entitled doing random check on searching quality post and giving free merits. We can't do nothing about it. Much better lets obey and wait for our turn to shine.
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:59:40 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 09:04:22 AM by BluRPie
Merited by DaftAjax (2)

Merit system it is good idea, but now it could be reason for one more issue:
Bounty hunters not able to increase their rank due merit system, but how they can increase profits? Answer is simple - you can create more accounts of Jr. Members. I feel that it is happening right now, you don't need to wait Full Member rank any more - just create 3 accounts of Jr. Members.
What we can get in nearest future? - the huge number of Junior multi-accouts and number of spam will increase, because you can not manage 10 accounts and keep the quality of posting. So number of accounts will increase and quality will decrease.

I propose to disable signatures for Jr. Members or implement Merit system for Jr. ranks (5 Merits for example).

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:26:48 AM

I propose to disable signatures for Jr. Members or implement Merit system for Jr. ranks (5 Merits for example).

Yeah this will solve part of the problem, 5 Merit and no sMerit for the existing jr. because they will distribute the Merit to the other alts.
Probably de-merit option in the hands of the merit sources will also be a good solution, so they can give penalties to the ones abusing the system.
In addition, less work for the Mods and Admins Wink

DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:12:06 AM

As mentioned here:
Merit system it is good idea, but now it could be reason for one more issue:
Bounty hunters not able to increase their rank due merit system, but how they can increase profits? Answer is simple - you can create more accounts of Jr. Members. I feel that it is happening right now, you don't need to wait Full Member rank any more - just create 3 accounts of Jr. Members.
What we can get in nearest future? - the huge number of Junior multi-accouts and number of spam will increase, because you can not manage 10 accounts and keep the quality of posting. So number of accounts will increase and quality will decrease.

There has been holes in the new system. Is that why the numbers of members have increased lately? And by these possibilities I think it wouldn't solve the overall problems of this community. Some problems have been resolved but new problems have been emerged as well.

Well I commended the Merit System for doing a great job eliminating those few problems, hope that we can think of something that could solve this one too.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████