Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for old people?  (Read 1320 times)
50ouncebrew (OP)

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:25:34 PM
Merited by Jaycee99 (1)

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mitchel_am

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:27:13 PM

Bitcoin is for everyone. Elder people tent to be more secure and they are sceptic when you first tell them. If you have the good arguments then maybe they start to believe in it
imadmirer

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:33:30 PM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

This is a nice thought. But the point is that for Bitcoin to come into consideration of the old people, they need to have way too many basic skills and ideas in place in the first place. They need to be skilled with the use of computers, should be interested in understanding the blockchain concept or at least the way in which you could transact bitcoins. There could be a lot of questions that come up in their minds and it will not be easy even for themselves to quench the thirst of 'knowing' bitcoins completely if they have not much of an idea of digital transactions.

However, I must say that this gives me an idea that bitcoin 'services' should be started that will help the old people and anyone for that matter to make bitcoin transactions. Since the value of bitcoin is rising day by day and that a lot of scams and theft going around, the trustworthiness of people who come out to help voluntarily is abysmally low in the eyes of many. But certainly such services can come into existence in future.

However as a responsible community we can work it out. All it needs is a good thought and plan to execute. The day we start thinking for others, that day we essentially are happy.
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:38:37 PM

Building on the previous post, older people tend to value the learning curve. They will only try learn and use something new if it clearly gives them a value. They are not as concerned about earning money quick or investing, but in real use in their daily lives.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:40:19 PM

You can't, 99.9999% old people won't use new technologies.
Better spread awareness of bitcoin among younger population rather than thinking doing it among old generation  Wink
reynilynedago

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:41:53 PM

Its really useful to those oldies that they can be able to used bitcoin. They can be used it as their hobby. Start explaining them what bitcoin is in a simplest way then start discussing how to do bitcoin .Guide them everytime they want to ask something since this people are not so techky. Benefits of it is they can used it as past time as well as earning money.
blackbutterfly

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:43:01 PM

spread to the right way like spread it like a personal message to them to they can understand what bitcoin gives to there life and how much good bitcoin.

Adine.lablab

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:46:54 PM

Anyone can use bitcoin as long as they know about crypto currency bitcoin is for everyone some old people has good in computer technology like the bussiness man and bussiness woman they also know about investment and its not hard for them to learn about bitcoin and how to earn more profit
petrov trevor

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:48:54 PM

the arrival of bitcoin is something that is done naturally, a mass effect, it will go all alone in the heads of people, so it is useless to try to argue to convince some people.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:51:56 PM

Old people are more or less not aware of the bitcoin depending upon the demography that we talking about. I mean this depends on the demographic region because lets say we are taking about the oldies from the Western Hemisphere then you will most probably see developed countries and with that said they will have more knowledge about the use of Internet which is basic need for them to get started with bitcoin. Plus they are also very independent personnel as compared to the rest hemisphere people. The rest which includes asian countries where old people are coming from the era where they never saw the internet at all and thus lag behind the understanding of the whole thing or basic thing the is internet. We should start with that one first and then we can soda the awareness amongst the old people.

In the image below you can see how the usage of internet itself is varying from asian countries to developed countries.

So letting them know about the Bitcoin can vary according to this data because they must know how to use internet first.

macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:52:45 PM

Do they need it? I believe that they will not be able to do it, because they are accustomed to paper money
ManaMan

Merit: 38

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:54:38 PM

Not only for old people but other as well, I think that we have to create better nad friendlier User Interface because you want it to be something simple that most of the people can understand by intuition. We know that "old" people use mobile phones and computers today - what we need is to create something really simple
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

young peoples, old peoples, what ever they are, if they want to use bitcoin, they sure can.
for me, no one cannot use bitcoin.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:01:25 PM

You can explain the benefits of bitcoin and quiet days in old age, because bitcoin will be a source of income when retired. With that he may be able to accept bitcoin, because the benefits of bitcoin can be used to meet the needs of life.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

You may teach old people about Bitcoin but there are very less chances that they will be ready to invest in this. Personally, I tried to make my father understand about Bitcoin and the huge returns people have got from it in the past. He dismissed all my teachings by saying that this is all scam and he will only invest in real things like real estate. I think old people like to go with traditional methods of investment only.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

Have you ever tried to show an old person how to use a computer? My guess is no.... Let me tell you it is unbelievably difficult as old people tend to be highly computer illiterate, and most are not open to new ideas. The idea of opening bitcoin to old people is extremely unlikely as it relies on first teaching old people to use technology, something which is already extremely hard. The whole world doesn't need to know about bitcoin, only those that are willing to learn, that is enough.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
ManaMan

Merit: 38

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

young peoples, old peoples, what ever they are, if they want to use bitcoin, they sure can.
for me, no one cannot use bitcoin.

They can but still they might have a barrier because of lack of understanding what bitcoin actually is. Firstly you have to educate people about it, some might even think it's to much for them as they encounter some unknown area for them. Specially if they are not techy people you have to teach them about keeping their coins safe etc. This can be done if they use some simple app on mobile phone where all they need is to write down mnemonic seed and thats it for them, but you still have to explain them about cold storage etc.

Some of them might not even be aware of bitcoin existence which is why we must work on raising awareness. Other thing is that by crypto reaching ATHs it get media attention and thus more people are looking at what it is. Problem now is that it is mostly seen as an investment, rather than as a "digital currency".

Have you ever tried to show an old person how to use a computer? My guess is no.... Let me tell you it is unbelievably difficult as old people tend to be highly computer illiterate, and most are not open to new ideas. The idea of opening bitcoin to old people is extremely unlikely as it relies on first teaching old people to use technology, something which is already extremely hard. The whole world doesn't need to know about bitcoin, only those that are willing to learn, that is enough.

It all depends on the person, if he or she is up to learning new things or not. But yeah most of them don't like the idea of learning I guess.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

Bitcoin is for everyone. Elder people tent to be more secure and they are sceptic when you first tell them. If you have the good arguments then maybe they start to believe in it
That's a great idea. However, I think bitcoin is formed from technology, so usage or investment are somewhat complex for the elderly. They must be familiar with passwords, wallet lock, send and receive process, etc. I think it is not easy for them.
daddypastes

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

what kind of question,that bitcoin is just for old only or rather say just only for senior citizen's,,😳😀😏,silly question....i think bitcoin is for all nation no ages limit,,,,the important things is we know the step of bitcoin and we follow all the rules that related to forum that we discuss,bitcoin is no age limit...,
fabskie21

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:08:10 PM

You can't, 99.9999% old people won't use new technologies.
Better spread awareness of bitcoin among younger population rather than thinking doing it among old generation  Wink
Why not try if you have the oppurtunity and have seen any interest in them? Your statistics is purely baseless. There are several older people who are into cryptocurrency/ new technology. Even some of them are more knowledgeable than other millenials.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: