Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 11:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for old people?  (Read 1324 times)
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:48:38 AM

I think you would be surprised at the number of "Silver surfers" that are already Bitcoin owners. It is just a misconception that only young tech geeks are interested. Don't forget personal computers have been around for over 30 years now so even people in their 60s have a good amount of tech skills  Wink
That is true even old people can be more on technology, they have been using it long before than we do and I think they have the proper knowledge about it just a little outdated but whats important is they can understand and are willing to learn more about our current technologies. just like with bitcoin it has been there for years but nobody has bothered learning about it until they saw its high value in the market. No one is too old for bitcoin.

Absolutely, No excuses in bitcoin now a days. People have already learnd and knowledgable either old man or your child in this new technology because this generation has really promising and upgradable so if don't let yourselve to do in this new thrends you miss a lot of opportunities in this new world.

kioicoin

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:50:12 AM

Its not about the age or how techy you are to learn about these cryptocurrencies. If you really want to learn and earn that much you will do anything to be able to reach that goal.
Determination is the key to everyones success and not based on your age or your field. Self motivate yourself at times when you think you can't make it. Let it be your passion for every action you take you are enjoying it as well.

I think we can teach some basic knowledge to the elderly so that they will not be bitten by Bitcoin anymore. Investing in bitcoin can be handled by specialized agencies and professionals, just like funds.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:56:31 AM

I think bitcoin for elderly people is not friendly for them in the sense that bitcoin and the crypto is very technical. On top of that, they might be prone to hacker attacks since they might be lacking technical know how on how to protect their wallets all the time which may cause their wallet to be empty.

Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:02:29 AM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?
I think it will be difficult for old people to learn about bitcoin. Since they are old, it will be impossible for them to learn more about bitcoin easily except if they are really interested. And talking about old people, there is a possibility that only rich people will be interested in bitcoin. Just think about old people in rural places, do you think that they have time to learn bitcoin? Maybe yes but it is just 20% of them. Also, we dont need to spreed the awareness of bitcoin. Because bitcoin spreads by itself.

404 Not Found
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:38:42 AM

I think old people is really hard to learn about bitcoin. We know that bitcoin i a digital currency and we need to use not hi-tech gadget. So before we teach old people regarding bitcoin let first teach them how to use gadget like cellphone or computer. I think its too late for them to learn about bitcoin.
yuyuchain

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:40:05 AM

I think the value of bitcoin promotion to the elderly is not that great. I believe that most elderly people will not accept bitcoin because bitcoin is a virtual currency and the amount involved is high, so there are not too many people willing to go Involved in bitcoin investment, after all, the elderly pay more attention to stability.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:14:31 AM

Bitcoin is for everyone. Elder people tent to be more secure and they are sceptic when you first tell them. If you have the good arguments then maybe they start to believe in it

In technical aspects, Maybe not for everyone.  Elders are already or some of them have already closed their minds in this type of ideas. Giving it shot is a good idea but a long patient is required. We all know that we can't win any arguments against them.

The idea of introducing Bitcoin for elders is good and quite unique. The only problem that we might encounter is the acceptance and the language barrier (Elder's language). The challenge here is that Elders are against technology (Maybe not all of them but the majority), Tech. advancement for them is like cancer that damages the community.

The complexity of the industry would really give them a hard time to understand it, Bitcoin is not that user-friendly after all. They will be aware but most likely they'll ignore it.
blinchain

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:20:43 AM

I think bitcoin for elderly people is not friendly for them in the sense that bitcoin and the crypto is very technical. On top of that, they might be prone to hacker attacks since they might be lacking technical know how on how to protect their wallets all the time which may cause their wallet to be empty.
I agree that the ability of the elderly to accept younger strong, they may think that virtual currency is non-existent things, they are more willing to believe the real thing, rather than can not see the touching. And most of them do not know computers, do not know how to operate and protect their wallet.
legok

Activity: 230
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:33:53 AM

bitcoin for everyone, all circles, and all ages, from technical know and rules that apply .. bitcoin meat can for everything ..
azizsatrasia68

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:34:01 AM

I think bitcoin does not look at age. However, not many parents are interested, understand, or even invest bitcoin. That's because parents tend to prefer calm than take the risk of investing bitcoin that is fluctuating.
Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:41:38 AM

You can also bitcoin those who have no years for bitcoin how many years you can be able to bitcoin just knowingly worn. and bitcoin is not a year of choice as long as you know it. With this year’s incredible rally in bitcoin’s valuation driving it into mainstream global financial conversation, many established economic figures were called on to share their thoughts on the cryptocurrency.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:42:32 AM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?
You can't, 99.9999% old people won't use new technologies.
Better spread awareness of bitcoin among younger population rather than thinking doing it among old generation  Wink
Why not try if you have the oppurtunity and have seen any interest in them? Your statistics is purely baseless. There are several older people who are into cryptocurrency/ new technology. Even some of them are more knowledgeable than other millenials.

Actually, Bitcoin is really for all for as long as you have capital for investment. We should increase their awareness that Bitcoin can change our lives to better and helps us to save for the future.
Many people have already earn so much money and I all to be inspired by that so that they can experience it.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:47:29 AM

There is no age barrier when it comes to bitcoin and aging people are no exemption. If they have the basic knowledge in operating computers and/or smart phones coupled with the basic knowledge in bitcoin then they are good to go. You have to just give them a little persuasion.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:03:59 AM

I think bitcoin is for every one not only for the teens who are related to the technology or gadgets. Bitcoin is for the people who are willing to earn and for the people who have dreams and want to claim it. Is not about age is all about hard work and patience.I think their is also a advantage of being old in bitcoin industry because they are experienced person and they have more patience rather than teenagers. And earning money has no age limit as long as you can so dont give your self any limitation. It is good to have source of income even your in the late stage of your life rather than doing nothing and ask for help to others.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:15:12 AM

Bitcoin is for everyone. Elder people tent to be more secure and they are sceptic when you first tell them. If you have the good arguments then maybe they start to believe in it
A good opinion and I like your opinion.
Bitcoin is for all good children, adults and even older people can use bitcoin as long as they understand about bitcoin and understand about bitcoin so they can follow bitcoin in a confident state.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:36:16 AM

I think mostly of the old generation won't be able to understand and use bitcoin, maybe it's because they are not all fond of technology like some of them don't even know how to use computer but maybe for those educated olders we can help them to be aware of bitcoin by showing them an actual proof maybe you can show them your bitcoin wallet and make them see what can you make out of bitcoin.
 It's hard to convince them because they see bitcoin just like the scams in networking maybe an actual proof can make them listen to us.
Habaek08

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:40:53 AM

Bitcoin is for all anyone can use it to make a better life, old people need a extra income because they are not strong like teenagers.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:41:26 AM

I do not think older people are interested in bitcoin. Most of their ideas are conservative. The elderly in my family have experienced war. They have experienced poverty, starvation and coldness, so they are more frugal, and I do not Think they will put money into bitcoin because they can not accept the risk.
h_eghbaly

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

It is very hard to encourage  old people to use new technologies.
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

Old people take more time to understand new technologies, but I don't see a reason why they wouldn't get bitcoin and can't use it. It's easy to understand ideology behind it and they don't need to know how the code works to use it. The most pertinent problem is simplicity to use Bitcoin, we need more and more services making crypto more user friendly and intuitive. It's possible and we're slowly getting there. We have now simple buy and sell services like Changelly, then Coinbase is trying to implement very simple wallet where you can have everything at the one place. In combination with regulation, old people can become more confident to join crypto.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: