Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for old people?  (Read 1320 times)
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:27:55 PM

I'm glad parents are involved in bitcoin problems right now, the reason is not that they are what they want and bitcoin challenges are a lot of things they know for the time being. It does sound sad and horrible but if you are 70 years old, you do not have to learn new technology that you need to focus on for the last few days of your life. Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:36:31 PM

Old people for bitcoin why not! Many people now are skilled about the modern technology.If the old people have a capability to do so why not and if they have a mentor to BTC go old people to be productive.
Cedrick

Activity: 337

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:57:24 PM

Maybe they can enhance it to teach them how to use the new generation of technologies like computers laptops and gadgets for them to know it how to learn it and understanding it thru themselves
But it seems that is quite difficult. Some older generations lack understanding of technological developments, my parents even just use their handphones to make a call. But my parents always support me, because I always tell them about my investment development in cryptocurrency, even though they do not fully understand.
There's about age, but the thing is they are not flexible in technology. Maybe in investing they have chance but in altcoin? posting is quite difficult to them. In joining campaign but if they really have and they want to learn from bitcoin then they need to start from themselves.

Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:47:59 PM

Blockchain is modern technology and most people involved in cryptocurrencies are relatively young. The majority of the elderly people are not into bitcoin. But the problem is where do you draw the line. At what age do you consider someone old. There are many investors not that young, who own lots of bitcoin.

Estreal

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:52:34 PM

Firstly, since there are no some kind of centralized rules like age restriction in Bitcoin,I strongly believe that the old people can be taught about Bitcoin,though it might require extra time to pass the message across and the acceptability from them might be quite low as some of them will insist on their old way of doing things not welcoming any change.
Atomino

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:11:16 AM

Moreover, there is a huge potential for gains in bringing older people to the crypto ... this can also be a good business.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:13:15 AM

Its not that hard,ofcourse old peoples are not technically liberated or have only small to no knowledge about technology and internet.But some old people are into it,using bitcoins as business.I know many old people into bitcoin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:59:53 AM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

I do not think that elderly will be interested in anything that is connected with risk. You should agree that Bitcoin trading and investments into it are risky things. Old people need stability, thus they will not deal with crypto. Probably 2-5% of them might trade, but not more.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:09:10 AM

I doubt if the elderies would still find interest with bitcoin,espescially with the commitment and time you have to give for you to profit.

Maybe if you can find a way to make bitcoin's features (can be used in transactions) more easier, then I think it would be possible.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:20:40 AM

I think the most older people are a big problem for the most new technology. They have always negative attitude and just telling anybody around how bad it is and they wont use it. So they creating a lot of FUD arround without even understanding the technology. So bringing the blockchain technology to the old people will be one of the biggest challenges to get accepted, and it will not happen any time soon.
wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:33:22 AM

Maybe they can enhance it to teach them how to use the new generation of technologies like computers laptops and gadgets for them to know it how to learn it and understanding it thru themselves
In my opinion, the elderly should pay more attention to the elderly. As they grow older, their learning abilities will gradually diminish. Maybe the young people can learn something in a day. The elderly can take days or even months and they are more focused Is to enjoy life later life, I think there is no need to toss them.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:37:49 AM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

For me, I will introduce bitcoin to old people by telling them first the value of bitcoin. Then I will tell them the value and benefits that they can get when they use bitcoin and lastly I will tell them the steps on how to use bitcoin. Bitcoin is suitable for old people because they will get money from bitcoin. If something happens like accident, they can get money from bitcoin.
pcdgroup

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:39:35 AM

I think if we hold a large number of bitcoin, sell them to buy house, car... then show your parent...
Actions do speak louder than words
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:48:24 AM

Bitcoin could be used for all ages, simply it has no age restriction. As long as you know how to manipulate bitcoin or how it runs in this economy, you will be free too go. Which made its only requirement is for you just to read. What matters is how are you going to strategies your own bitcoin. If then you know how to cope up with that thing, age won't hold you back. An awareness isn't really required at all, there is no need to be restricted. What matters is for you just to deal its cycle.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:53:34 AM

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a hard time to get old people to use bitcoin. I've seen many grandmas and grandpas that does not even want to use smartphones or pc even their families gave them to. Maybe only a small percentage will do it.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

Bitcoin has very imported for old people Beasley they can't do job and can do hard work physically. Bitcoin is very easy because bitcoin work does not need hard working physically. The old people can do work while they are sitting in their home even in their bad they can do. They can arrange time for the bitcoin work and can earn good income. Also some old people have saving so if they invest that saving in the bitcoin it will generate income for them while if they keep it their will now benefit.
frery

Activity: 147
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

But it seems that is quite difficult. Some older generations lack understanding of technological developments, my parents even just use their handphones to make a call. But my parents always support me, because I always tell them about my investment development in cryptocurrency, even though they do not fully understand.
Consent to your opinion, I taught my parents' computers and smartphones for a week, and they still forget that their learning ability has gradually declined, but I will not tell my parents that I have invested in the development of cryptocurrencies because they will worry about me and will not agree with me because their thoughts are conservative.
dangwapo311

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:11:31 AM

Yes bitcoin is definitely for everyone with no age limit. As long as they are still capable and interested with bitcoin and how it works then I think being old is not an issue at all. Plus bitcoin is not really physically demanding but time consuming but I think time is not an issue for old people cause most of them have nothing to do at all. I think learning bitcoin even if your old gives a positive effect, for it makes you think even more which makes your brain sharper. Instead of doing nothing, they will have something to keep them busy.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

Make the newspaper full of campaigns related to bitcoins. Old people aren’t much interacted with this technology and social media. They prefer to read newspaper. So why not giving them every information on their page, right front of their eyes.

This will give a big boost to the social camping of bitcoins and they will be more followed by the people who have even little knowledge about them.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:25:01 AM

Make the newspaper full of campaigns related to bitcoins. Old people aren’t much interacted with this technology and social media. They prefer to read newspaper. So why not giving them every information on their page, right front of their eyes.

This will give a big boost to the social camping of bitcoins and they will be more followed by the people who have even little knowledge about them.
You already said it that the old people are not interested with the technology and social media and i think that even though it will catch their attention and curiosity then it will still be a no for them to accept bitcoin or even use it because it will be complicated to them to use bitcoin since it is related to technology and it is not for their generation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: