Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:55:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for old people?  (Read 1327 times)
tutta_v

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:10:43 PM

I do not think that this will be relevant for the elderly. It's very difficult for them.
Xbokal

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:11:25 PM

Let them see the stuffs that we are running here. How we handle things in here. The secret is to get their attention and open their mind about the possibilities that we are working on so they on their own would work on how to learn about bitcoin
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?
Honestly, teaching elderly people are so hard because they were not born in millenial age or era and they can not easily adopt technology. I have been experiencing it with my relatives and my parents.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
parker99

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:09 PM

The older generation is having a hard time coping with new technologies, and these include crypto currencies like bitcoin. This can be too complex for them. I think its better if we start introducing bitcoin to the younger generation.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:39:46 PM

I think this bitcoin is not just for parents only, children above 15 or 16 years old and also have to be introduced with this bitcoin investment, why I can suggest like this because I see from this bitcoin we will be able to get a more independent work and can more to be careful to do any of that later.
agree, bitcoin is suitable for anyone and does not distinguish age, bitcoin easy to use because now many things that have been done by developers to make bitcoin better and easier to use like bitcoin credit card from Xapo.
truthonlyhero

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:42:04 PM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

To be honest, old people don't know how to use smartphone and you want to raise awareness about bitcoin  Smiley Some of them don't even know how to make a bank transfer and you cannot teach them.
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

This is an interesting topic. I think it is difficult to explain to old people about bitcoin maybe they will not believe. For the elderly, they will choose safer ways to invest. Can I explain all the benefits of bitcoin to them. Maybe some people will understand and invest in it

9emb3lelit3

Activity: 207
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:00:10 PM

bitcoin in my opinion can also be used for children who have grown up, when they enter college, (lecture), because of this bitcoin that will stand on our own to work independently. provided it is used properly and correctly.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:14:00 PM

bitcoin doesn't require any age for as long as you are capable of doing bitcoin, then you may join bitcoin for free.  maybe if you really want to help a bit older people to learn bitcoin they should fitst know how to use computer and familiarize the basic thing in joining bitcoin. have a piece of laptop and  wifi.
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:19:17 PM

I do not think that this will be relevant for the elderly. It's very difficult for them.
Why do you think so? The issue of how to use BTC. Just like a smartphone or bank account. Everything can be learned.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:47:19 PM

Yes ! Bitcoin is for everyone, whether young or old. Older people can learn about bitcion if we teach them the basic like ,what is Bitcoin, how they can get it and how it can help them.
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

To me the best way is to get them to test it and play around with it. For the oldest of people like 90+ I would say leave it as the tech won't apply much but if you are in the 50-80 range you should learn about bitcoin because like algorithms are everyday present right now and we don't even know it, that is how blockchain will apply to the world in 10 years from now. The transformation will be magical but it will go unnoticed by most, especially those who aren't involved in this industry everyday.

neuer111

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

That's gonna be hard, because my surrounding old people can't even use credit cards properly. I think we have to teach them step by step, like we did in terms of explaining them Facebook, Skype and just email. But that will extremely hard. By saying old I mean people above 70s. Even those that are above 60s will be hard to convince. I have never tried but to be honest I don't see a big use of it, because I don't think will care about it.

Anyways, this post gave me some incentives to start, so I will try and see what happens.  Wink
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

I don't think that bitcoin, or crypto currencies in general are something for older people to invest in.
I suppose there are exceptions, but all older people I know have troubles working with a computer.
And understanding what a crypto currency does and how it works, to me that looks like an even way more difficult task for them.
I can't recommend an investment to somebody when I know that person does not know what he is investing in and where the risks are.

It's me!!!
SailorCoin

Activity: 218
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:17:23 PM

No its not. So many old people have so much problem with the simplest and easiest technology today. I have so many old co workers who cant use an pc after years of working with it. They always swear about the system and telling old storys how good it was in the past where they dont have to workd with computers. So those people will never accept cryptocurrencies as an daily currency. So we have to concentrate to the young generation who are good with using multimedia devices!
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:43:50 AM

It is a good idea, elder people especially those who are retired already have more time than any of us. If they introduced to bitcoin it may become their hobby or they will give their full time to it. The more probability that they will earn more.
Nope bitcoin is not for old people ONLY it is for everyone even a teenager can do bitcoin I think majority of bitcoin users are adults and teenagers (the term old is so overrated ) because even we admit it or not old people don't have so much time in new trends especially when using phones laptop or any devices and most of the old people love to watch and listen to the news so whatever media says they actually believe it, so if media says that bitcoin is scam that  stays up their mind and they are going to hate bitcoin in general.
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

Start spread awareness to people who not interest with this is compicated.
We need younger people who will more understand bitcoin. How it work, how it can grow and at least how we can use it in the form of currency and investment.

Fixart96

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:52:06 AM

For all parents who have good skills in the field of computer technology would be very easy and interested to learn about bitcoin and how to get it, because bitcoin is for everyone, then anyone can have it including parents.
oppochain

Activity: 101
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:08:14 AM

Bitcoin is for everyone but I think they ignore what I am saying to them because old people they don't want to use gadgets and its hard for them to understand what the use of bitcoin for now and in the future because all they want is to go some quiet place and inhale the fresh air. They no longer appreciate the modern world.
I think you're right, for the elderly, investing in bitcoin is not good, and you're worried about price volatility, and maybe they're more willing to spend instead of money.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:37:26 AM

In actual we don't need to spread awareness by ourself own but we need to spread awareness with the help of all those people who knows about the bitcoin and another altcoins very well that how are these profitable .
Here a big factor arise for few people to advertise that other people don't make sure thereself that they can make because here lots of the probability of making high profit and high loss exist , so they don't think to enter in this field to make earnings .
So here we need that big platform where not only a single person struggle but big platforms like social media and another news media comes with us that how much we are safe and have ease to handle bitcoin like things .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████