Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:54:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a Beginner to understand...  (Read 2179 times)
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:40:50 PM

You got a nice portfolio out there and hopefully all of those altcoins you have are potential altcoins. The logic behind why altcoins tend to drop whenever bitcoin's market price drop is because of their connection to bitcoin's value. Since bitcoin is the base coin, almost all cryptos are converted to BTC before it is being converted to fiat.

For instance 1 TOKEN = 5$ in bitcoin today can be worth 1$ in bitcoin the following day when the price of bitcoin drops.

Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:04:59 PM

Hello guys...

I have diversified my portfolio to about 25 different cryptos which were worth about 7000-8000$ just before the bitcoin crash came and I am wondering whats the exact reason behind this, when or will it recover (and so the alt coins I hold, don't have any bitcoin).

Why do almost all alt coins crash because of the bitcoin crash or correction?

My portfolio is worth only 4000$ atm.

Sorry for being an beginning idiot and asking this and thanks for everybody who can explain it to me
If you have a diversified portfolio, you are currently being affected by the recent drop on bitcoin's price, since all of this altcoins are somewhat connected on bitcoin's value. But like what you have said, this is just a part of correction, so, better to hold and monitor carefully the value of each coins you are holding, after the correction, expect a strong bounce back on bitcoin's price , as it always does. Just wait for the recovery and never panic.
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:23:35 PM

We should help beginners to understand and give knowledge or hits by sharing them everything so you can help others to have more income . read not once ,twice or thrice the rules and apply it and do all your best always think positve.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

Hello guys...

I have diversified my portfolio to about 25 different cryptos which were worth about 7000-8000$ just before the bitcoin crash came and I am wondering whats the exact reason behind this, when or will it recover (and so the alt coins I hold, don't have any bitcoin).

Sorry for being an beginning idiot and asking this and thanks for everybody who can explain it to me

It is hard for others like me to help and tell you something we even haven't done before. What I mean is your portfolio. But, the best thing to do(gut feeling) is to wait for the best time and pray for it;)
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:51:29 PM

Hello guys...

Just keep on holding it. Even if we do not know when it will increase again but one thing is for sure, if you continue to hold you will never lose. But if you sell it like panic selling for sure you will loose a big amount of what you invest. Crypto investing is really a high risk because of this kind of situation. Try to think of it. The entire marketcap had significantly grow and this time we have witness a lot of bad news which some media have exaggerated it buy don't listen to them. You must have to do your own analysis because whales are doing everything to buy cheap coins before they will start to pump this again. So dont loose hope.
super5star

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:17:15 AM

Some reasons of why the market is down is that people are panicking because bitcoin is falling and might night survive. Then there the so called experts saying nonsense about bitcoin causing newcomers to cut loss their holdings and sell bitcoin at the lowest price.
You don’t see that as a good thing to happen? Oh, ok, if you don’t, then I do. It’s a normal thing that happens in every market and cause by what we call– volatility. A market without volatility is not a market. Price fall is a like a big opportunity for everyone of us, cause we invest and wait for the price to run and then we make profit, which also results to some people making loss.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:06:56 AM

Keep holding those altcoins and when you get into the chance that you can breakeven or a little closer to your total invested or base capital then you just breakeven because there is no reason for you to hold 25 different cryptocurrencies because it is best to just have at least 3-5 cryptocurrencies to hold and some of the excess will be played for short term and only maximum of 5 is the long term.
You’re saying the right thing, I don’t see any reason for someone to hold up to 25 different cryptocurrencies… like seriously, it makes no sense. I’m even starting to think this guy is lying. How can you be a beginner and already have 25 cryptocurrencies? Even experts here have max 5 cryptocurrencies. Tell me, how can you focus on 25 cryptos? It’s not easy for anyone, unless you’re using a wallet that offers up to 25 cryptocurrencies in it, but if it’s in different wallets, then it won’t be easy and you can even lose your money.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:59:47 AM

Hello guys...

You hold to much many altcoins at your portfolio. My advise is try to consider trimming down your portfolio to smaller number maybe maximum of 10 minimum of 5. This is to make sure that you can properly monitor your portfolio. Altcoins performance are mostly dependent to BTC performance so always expect that any movement of BTC altcoins will follow. Market corrections is the main reason of price movement of BTC.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Hello guys...

You hold to much many altcoins at your portfolio. My advise is try to consider trimming down your portfolio to smaller number maybe maximum of 10 minimum of 5. This is to make sure that you can properly monitor your portfolio. Altcoins performance are mostly dependent to BTC performance so always expect that any movement of BTC altcoins will follow. Market corrections is the main reason of price movement of BTC.
In my opinion 5 altcoins are the sweet spot for an investor because more than 5 altcoins is a hard task to keep monitoring your cryptocurrencies because they are so volatile and there is still a lot of things to monitor to make sure that your investment is having a good progress so it is best to just stick to maximum of 5 altcoins.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

All I can say is just hold, we do not know when it will recover but I am sure if you continue to hold you will never lose.
That is why the crypto investing is called a high risk is because of this kind of situation, think that the entire marketcap had significantly grow and this time we have witness a lot of bad news which some media have exaggerated it, don't listen to them, do your own analysis because whales are doing everything to buy cheap coins before they will start to pump this again.
If you have a diversified portfolio, Do not worry about the crashes too much, Besides you have a larger market place to work with, Just do not panic and wait for the recovery of each coin you have. Mind the risk, but use it as your guide in managing your altcoins. Wait for the price correction of bitcoin. Stay wise and aware.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

I don't see any thing to panic about after if you have a clear understanding of how volatile the cryptocurrencies world is you should know that price rise and fall are all part oftl the bitcoin/ cryptocurrencies market because it operate on the economic law of demands and supply so when the demands is high the price will rise and verse versa. So I will advice you to hold because the price will bounce back in a short while.
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:32:08 PM

There were instances that it is really hard for a beginner to understand the whole story bout crytocurrency. But still, just through eagerness to learn and explore it is easy for each beginner to fully understand and sooner be a part of it.

congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:45:04 PM

All I can say is just hold, we do not know when it will recover but I am sure if you continue to hold you will never lose.
That is why the crypto investing is called a high risk is because of this kind of situation, think that the entire marketcap had significantly grow and this time we have witness a lot of bad news which some media have exaggerated it, don't listen to them, do your own analysis because whales are doing everything to buy cheap coins before they will start to pump this again.
Research will be of help! In crytos you just dont invest only your money but emotions as well. Cryptos can really be cruel but keep the faith, just hold. Especially looking at bitcoin, the rate of volatility is very high that is why one must master the art of being emotionless and never sell as much as possible. Just follow the sell high buy low rule.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:17:38 PM

Hello guys...

The reason for this is that there has been many negative news around crypto for sometime, this was in general while some coins like bitconnect and tether came under heavier scrutiny most of the news were about crypto in general so this created an environment where no coin felt safe and newbies began to sell their coins, that is all, sometimes bitcoin does well and alts do not and vice versa you just entered the market at a bad time but do not worry it will recover.
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:22:00 PM

Hello guys...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I will suggest selling the coins in profit and also it is advised not investing in so many coins. It can be very much time consuming to track so many coins. When you invest in a coin, follow the news related to it.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:48:14 PM

Hello guys...

It may seem that you have made a bad choice since you choose to buy different tokens in one go even as a newbie and not to mention that crashes happens later on which makes most of them reduces in value but don't worry. All you have to do is hold and you will eventually earn your desired profit from your portfolio, diversity of coins in your portfolio is also a good move and crashes do come from time to time though you should have bought your coins when these crashes happens and not when the prices are high nevertheless you can always hold until they are profitable enough.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

No one can predict (including me) exactly when it will going to recover but i am expecting it will grow in near future.

Bitcoin is a standard for cryptos as like USD in fiat market, thus the price drop of bitcoin directly affects the altcoins market.
And the price drop of alts during the bull run of bitcoin is just because of the shift of investment from the alt market to bitcoin.
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:16:50 AM

Lol, bro you’re not an idiot, it’s good to ask questions when we don’t understand some thing. If you don’t ask questions, you will never learn anything, that’s the true fact.First thing I have to say it’s, well, it’s a question, buh why do you have up to 25 cryptocurrencies, don’t you think you’re taking risks? You’re still a newbie from what your profile says, unless you’ve been into crypto for long before discovering the community. Anyway, there is nothing wrong with Blockchain, the fall is just for a while and won’t be long. So stay strong.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:54:24 AM

Hello guys...

It may seem that you have made a bad choice since you choose to buy different tokens in one go even as a newbie and not to mention that crashes happens later on which makes most of them reduces in value but don't worry. All you have to do is hold and you will eventually earn your desired profit from your portfolio, diversity of coins in your portfolio is also a good move and crashes do come from time to time though you should have bought your coins when these crashes happens and not when the prices are high nevertheless you can always hold until they are profitable enough.

Well you took diversifying real serious there to have 25 different coins dude lol but that may one day make you rich. Though you may have to check double time the movement of the coins you've purchased and that isn't going to be as easy as it looks. Just be careful and if you plan on holding, disregard if at the moment you're 50% at a loss. Your time will definitely come and that kind of portfolio can be an envy of many traders

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
madhavanmalolan

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:10:06 PM

Just like if the market (say NASDAQ) falls, most companies' stocks fall.

This is likely to happen because of what is called the herd mentality.
People start losing trust in the market and cash out before they lose too much.

The same tends to happen in the crypto space.
Once the market starts falling, all the coins start falling. This holds especially true for Bitcoin and Ethereum, as we saw during the preempted Segwit2.x fork - Bitcoin fell (because a lot of miners moved to BCH) and hence all cryptos fell during that time period. This is because most people still hold Bitcoin/Ethereum as the representative for crypto coins in general.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: