Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You're not wealthy yet, so you're not allowed to be wealthy  (Read 2846 times)
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:39:52 AM

It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY."

Disclaimer: I'm not a US citizen, and I've not read that law

Well, if you haven't read the law, then i think you must also include your proof as to where you got this information. If you only heard about it from someone, then maybe you didn't hear it right. Maybe that only applies in some cases but not really as it is that only those wealthy person can invest because afterall, everybody can invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bittybits

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

The rule that only accredited investors, which means people who are already wealthy, are allowed to participate in certain ICOs is senseless imo. It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY." Stupid society, with obsolete rules, we're living in.

I know for a fact that this is not only limited to the wealthy people and there is nothing that prohibits people from joining this ICO even if they are not. I refuse to believe that only the wealthier can get rich and I think that its really up to us in how we manage pur resources and how we can be able to maximize all that we can earn can dictate whether we can join the upper echelons of society
I am also with you in this matter because if that was the case Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and many other tycoons of Technology world would be still  poor people or mediocre of the society. But we all know how rich these people are. Erik Finman also belonged to an average family but became a millionaire by investing in right place i.e. bitcoin at right time i.e. in the start. Some people say that he was lucky while in my opinion, he was smarter than others.

I as well, in this matter, what I see is that people really do want to get rich fast and doesn't want to work hard to achieve it. But it does not only take people to get rich because they're smart. They've put a lot of effort and work for it to get to the place they're in. In the case of Erik Finman, like what you've said it's possible because that he might have foreseen the real worth of cryptotechnology (Bitcoin) in its very early stage and thought more about the future of this technology as it becomes popular.
bit.pawy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:12:09 AM

I think there's a misconception there. it's just that they have a minimum amount to buy for you to participate in the ICO. Let's say 0.1 ETH or 0.05 BTC, it really depends on the ICO. But look at it like a fundraiser where when you can't reach the specified goal, the project will not be put into realization unless the company has their products used already and it's just the implementation.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:20:51 AM

I think there's a misconception there. it's just that they have a minimum amount to buy for you to participate in the ICO. Let's say 0.1 ETH or 0.05 BTC, it really depends on the ICO. But look at it like a fundraiser where when you can't reach the specified goal, the project will not be put into realization unless the company has their products used already and it's just the implementation.

Well, now a days most of the projects are raising enough money for developing their product in the market and it completely depends upon the investors how much they want to invest into the ICO because most of the ICO are accepting from 0.1ETH.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:36:13 AM

I wouldn't go as far as say something like this as I find it really discriminatory and yes, I know these are not words of the person who started this thread. I know some people who have improved their way of life through sheer hard work and determination. Along with it, they were smart in their investments and educated themselves in the process. Also, even if they've improved their way of life, they didn't stop with one investment. Some have as much as 2 or 3. It really depends on what you want and what you do to get it. No one is really doomed to be at the bottom forever. Proper mindset and ample action helps. Will it work always? Probably not. . .but it doesn't mean one has to stop in the midst of a single failure.  Smiley

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:46:45 AM
Merited by aencarnaci (1)

The rule that only accredited investors, which means people who are already wealthy, are allowed to participate in certain ICOs is senseless imo. It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY." Stupid society, with obsolete rules, we're living in.

Really? Is there a rule that implies what you have said? Is there any link and proof about your accusations. It is not about being wealthy or poor to invest in ICO as long as you have the resources to invest and buy tokens in ICO then you are always allowed to invest.
It is a just a general rule of the society we are living in. Nothing special as the rich would always keep getting richer. They have the funds, the capability of not mincing anything when they see an opportunity. For example, you have that little signature which you are hoping that when you are paid something from it, one day, it would grow and give you something substantial to at least live well. A rich dude, will not think twice investing something you will never be able to get from that signature and even get more in return later on.

Probably it is a crazy society, it has been like that from the onset, and there is really nothing anyone can do about it but to keep working hard and smart and hoping that the luck of wealth shines on him or her.

The rich have enough to invest and keep making themselves richer, and vice versa. That is the world we are living in. Except for those born into wealth anyway, which some of them do not really know the value, some of them worked their arses way up there, and I am sure they do not have two heads.
pauuui

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

I don't agree with what the OP is saying. wealthy people don't get wealthier just because they have a lot of money. It's just that they have access to many resources that average people can't. That being said, that doesn't stop a person to achieve greater things or become wealthy just because they're not wealthy. It really depends on how content they are in life, how much their desire to aim to the top and how they're going to do it.
elpsycongree

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:55:07 PM

I think there's a misconception. It doesn't mean that wealth is associated only with rich people. There are rich people getting poor because they don't know how they will handle their money and assets and the same can be said to poor people not doing anything to achieve something. Wealth is only associated to those who has the will to attain financial freedom and those who will do anything to succeed.
piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:11:35 PM

I want to become rich, and I was introduced to Bitcoin for my life, I have called for interest from the wealthy and have experience doing business, and they show me how to become a money person, By participating in Bitcoin, I learned a lot of experience, and now I have succeeded
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:11:51 PM

Shocked

I do understand this feeling man, As we see many many times ''market is made to take money from the many to give to the few''

Cryptos are the hope to those who didn't manage to get their share on the well established classic market..
But if we look the bitcoin real picture we will see a lot of people who are not rich but they have gained massive profit in very short time. People will have to risk a lot of many to get profit or to increase the profit. Now it is said to be the best investment because price of bitcoin is getting high. People who are not having any money to invest they will have to use the signature campaign and bounty campaign to earn money and invest.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:34:40 PM

I don't agree with what the OP is saying. wealthy people don't get wealthier just because they have a lot of money. It's just that they have access to many resources that average people can't. That being said, that doesn't stop a person to achieve greater things or become wealthy just because they're not wealthy. It really depends on how content they are in life, how much their desire to aim to the top and how they're going to do it.
In some sense, we all need to agree with OP as the whole world is working in the favor of rich people. But honestly I do believe ICOs now a days working with various bounty programs and airdrop too hence we do not need to be wealthy to participate into their ICO. But all people will not have eligibility or time to participate into above programs except buying with ICO.

For those people, this type of anger is completely meaningful and lead to discussions like this. But, what we can do. Our traditional systems are working this way hence ICOs too... Sad
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:50:57 PM

In the world of business there is sometimes a discrimination, to think that like what you talk you're not yet rich so why we accept you.? Our company is not sure with you if we have something to gain from you. We cannot void this in some business because they look for their advantage not in disadvantage. This is happen almost in a super big companies. Ofcourse they are looking for big fishes to be their investors and sometimes they made it partners. You should know this. We as not yet rich can participate in ICOs that welcome such simple person that want to invest. All can experience discrimination so chose the ICOs that looking for someone who wants to join.
jhamz03

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:03:10 AM

I dont think that there is a rule on an ICO that only wealthy people's who can participate. I have been participating on many ICO's and they are all accept me even if I'm not reach. I think its not an issue about being wealthy and poor to participate or invest in some ICO, as long as you are qualified to meet and fulfill their task by working hard. Furthermore you can also invest to them as long as you have the resources to qualified.
reynilynedago

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:53:13 AM

Non sense , All we need is to help each other those people who are poor we need to let them and feel that they dont feel loose hope . Everythings has a reason and soon they will be the time they can experience to be wealthy. All people are allowed to become part of bitcoin.Whatever status you have in life.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Equality cant really be seen as long there are people who are on the top they do really have the advantage on anything since we are talking about ICO investments then they do really have the edge since they are capable on any actions been made according to it.They would really earn even more money since they do risk big unlike on average joe which do only put up small amounts so its normal to think off on what would be the outcome. This is always been part of this sad reality.
But looking at the big picture, they have gained massive profit because they risked a lot of money and if the ICO they invested into fails, then they also have bigger loss. What I mean to say here is that it is only fair for it to be that way they didn't get their money out of thin air right? They worked hard for it and it is up to them how they will accumulate more using the money they already got. Do not put equality on the discussion since in the start all are made equal, it's just that those who descended from people who exerted more effort(I'm referring to their ancestors) and those who live now also works hardr to multiply their wealth.
I see it as the same picture. Someone who has $2000 savings and decided to at least invest $500 out of it is also taking a huge risk and in fact more than someone who have a billion dollar and decided to invest probably around $500k in such ICO. You think the billion dollars’ worth business man will feel it if something happens to such ICO negatively ?

Moreover, he would not even invest in something he does not believe in anyway. So at the end, when such ICO gets better, the rich guy will end up having more than the other.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:26:50 PM

nobody is perfect so don't hesitate the people who are not wealthy yet to join here in bitcoin because someday they will be an instant millionaire,this people have a patience in life to do hard working and soon they will be one of the wealthy people in this world.
I believe that God has created everyone on equal basis and none is superior to other. Everyone is unique and has some talent that is different from others. So there is no need to be perfect. We just need to be what He made us. The success and prosperity of a person is directly proportional to his efforts, time and passion. Anyone who works hard will always be rewarded. It stands true for crypto currency world also. Bitcoin helps us only if we show some work before.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:32:52 AM

Rich get richer, yes. Most societies are run in this way. I'm from the UK, and the "Prime Minister" is essentially the CEO of UK PLC. The country is run like a business, even the national health service is being moved into private hands, so that the rich can asset strip and provide the bare minimum of service whilst paying huge dividends to their friends. Everything is geared towards making sure that the rich keep their wealth. Even taxes are optional if you are rich enough.

This is why bitcoin is so important.
This is one of the bitter truth that in our society, the richer is getting richer while the one who is poor is getting even poorer. The fact is this is not the justice as everyone has equal rights of having some good living by making more money, thus getting a chance of changing his life in some manner. Everyone is allowed to make more money using his own skillset and personal efforts.
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

Is there any rule regarding wealth in life even if you're not wealthy enough as long as you have money you can invest on bitcoin also you can trade because anyone have the opportunity to become wealthy in life and anyone can do this in his own effort and capability in achieving it.

torotot

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:55:40 AM

Unfair thinking toward others whom do dreaming to be wealthy in the coming. No one is allowed to say or implement that kind to anyone who live with freedom.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:56:34 AM

Shocked

I do understand this feeling man, As we see many many times ''market is made to take money from the many to give to the few''

Cryptos are the hope to those who didn't manage to get their share on the well established classic market..
But if we look the bitcoin real picture we will see a lot of people who are not rich but they have gained massive profit in very short time. People will have to risk a lot of many to get profit or to increase the profit. Now it is said to be the best investment because price of bitcoin is getting high. People who are not having any money to invest they will have to use the signature campaign and bounty campaign to earn money and invest.
We see that people who are not so well off, are related to this bitcoin business are getting benefit from it. Because this is something that does not demand very huge amount to money to get yourself started, we see that the students are also part of this business just as their part time jobs or to know about the crytocurriencies.

You just need to have some basic information about bitcoin which of course is available on internet and then you get started with even very little investments. The point is you don’t need to be already wealthy to get yourself started with bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: